Crystal mining is bugged

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re: Crystal mining is bugged

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 02:40

So this has to be a new Nerf?

Maybe not I think before when they nerfed it the way it worked at least I thought was that it be limited time then I could not find any after I mined a bunch then they come back like 20min later or if saved/reloaded. Now I have to agree I get like one Yellow or Blue and then boom it's all just the pink ones and nothing else.

I wish a Dev would explain the nerf how it works, is there zones that make this nerf feel less nerfing or is the idea that crystal mining was totally destroyed? I wish we get some answers instead of always guessing hehe.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 09:35

Mega_Tron wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 23:06
dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 21:28
Besides Crystal mining being significantly nerfed (maybe a good thing), you should also consider the fact that so soon after the release of V4.00 (and given the Hotfix just today) some mods may bot work as intended or at all...
i would sat massivly..No invidium anywhere now lol ..This is going to be not an easy start for new playerrs now ))
This was a good change. Plenty of ways to make cash.

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 10:07

Don't do crystal mining. Find two of the abandoned ships, sell them and buy/sell advanced satellites. That way you earn cash alot faster then the old boring crystal mining. I wonder why Egosoft nerfed it anyways

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 10:26

Old Drullo321 wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 10:07
Don't do crystal mining. Find two of the abandoned ships, sell them and buy/sell advanced satellites. That way you earn cash alot faster then the old boring crystal mining. I wonder why Egosoft nerfed it anyways
Probably because so many "pro-tips" to making cash fast said mine crystals. And there are better ways... I can't think of a single thing in this game more unpleasant than mining crystals. Sending new players to do this is just the worst.

Hey, new guy, this game is awesome, try it... no don't think, trade, fight, or build.... scrape crystals off rocks bro.
Last edited by grapedog on Sun, 21. Mar 21, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:07

The nerf to crystal mining was good...i use a mod 'Crexit' that nerfs it further.

Problem is, spacefly's are an even bigger exploit, and you don't even have to look for them, just go to a mineral zone and hoover them all up, space caviar and 1mill+ credits every 15min. And you don't even need to find a black market to sell them, as everyone seems to take them off your hands. Makes crysral mining seem like hard work..

MSterling
x4

Post by MSterling » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:42

Feloidea wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 22:58
MSterling wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 21:16

Blowing up laser towers is easy money, 200k for four lasertowers that pose no danger whatsoever.
I've always shied away from those missions because I just assumed you get negative reputation on whomever owns the lasertowers. Is that not the case and you can actually destroy them without any rep loss? Happened to get burned by another mission that had me attack a criminal (where it didn't say in the mission briefing that thre action would be criminal as opposed to missions where it says as such so at the time I assumed the target was fair game) and then losing a good bunch of rep for a main faction so I just never touched these sort of kill missions again.
The "On my Daughters' Wedding Day" only require firing on the target until it drops the ring. They will temporarily get to -30 and call in the police, but if the police don't get there before you leave the sector, and you remain out of it for ten minutes, then it resets. Ones that give you criminal rep say "This can be considered criminal activity" in the mission. Mines, lasertowers, even laying them, are not criminal activities. The "this might be criminal" is usually, maybe always, the ones that get you access to the bars for black market access at that station. It is a pity that there is no denotation for which places you have unlocked the bars at. Keep meaning to use nav beacons for that.

If you are worried, save before the mission is started (you can accept then abort free of charge), and check it over.

MSterling
x4

Post by MSterling » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:44

grapedog wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 10:26

Probably because so many "pro-tips" to making cash fast said mine crystals. And there are better ways... I can't think of a single thing in this game more unpleasant than mining crystals.
It is a very zen process. Watch Down To Earth Astronomy. He is someone who loves mining in Elite Dangerous. THIS gameplay is like mothers' milk. If you want to chill, you can fly space trucker in Elite Dangerous, or in X4 you watch the rocks coming in to view and going out of view.

MSterling
x4

Post by MSterling » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:49

humility925 wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 21:55
whatever happen let player choice and free how they want to play?
Look up "Hobson's choice". One of the problems of X2 was that there was no other choice in the fighter class other than the Nova. None.

At release, there was no other choice than mining crystals. None.

You could CHOOSE to waste your time doing something else, but it was a waste. The same way you now characterise the time taken to mine crystals. You can still do it, it is just that there are other things that pay out that can be chosen now.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 12:58

MSterling wrote: "It is a pity that there is no denotation for which places you have unlocked the bars at."

There is. The station icon on the map gains a small 'shady character' icon.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 13:35

MSterling wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:49
You could CHOOSE to waste your time doing something else, but it was a waste.
It certainly was wasteful to mine crystals, yes. You could/can EASILY make more money being a pirate and getting captains to bail and selling ships. A single minotaur raider can net almost 3 million depending on how it's geared out, 1 million minimum, for 3-5 minutes worth of flying around. And you can do that in your starting kestrel.... you can make dragon raider pirates bail while in a kestral. And a dragon raider sells for a good bit more...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 13:36

Feloidea wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 02:27

Like, categorically all such mission lasertowers belong to the SCA? That'd be wonderful since I happened to see those missions a fair bit during my earlier exploration run before I ran into the problems with the mining changes.
I also hope the "no danger whatsoever" line doesn't assume a heavier player ship ... new to X4 and I happen to remember that that lasertowers in X3 could be quite nasty for M5/M4 ships (which most X4 S class starter ships are equivalent to).
Yes... that is what happens, keep in mind though that usually the stations that are surrounded by these Laser Towers often take them out themselves, so you kind of have to hurry. Also that they have a range of 3.0 (somewhat less but it shows as 3.0), so keep your distance while shooting them if your ship is not that strong, or use hit and run tactics since your shields regenerate while the Laser Towers do not have shields and they do not regenerate.
Spoiler
Show
All you have to do is to blow up at least 1 of them so that you participated. After the station has started shooting at them you can safely wait

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 19:32

Issues not really about money making though it was a fun task it's more the fact you being punished now if you Mine one in a field to find that ultra rare one?

Simon84s
x4

Post by Simon84s » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 20:15

An interesting change could be to make crystal mining more lucrative in Xenon sectors, making it a high risk high gain operation.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 20:18

Kane Hart wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 19:32
Issues not really about money making though it was a fun task it's more the fact you being punished now if you Mine one in a field to find that ultra rare one?
I agree, how about nerfed cap the ship, nerf sell ship, nerf everything, It is kind of ridiculous, limited gameplay, there is some don't want to do cap, they don't want to get free ship (you had to look up internet to get free ship, why crystal is any difference, in fact crystal mining is more of legitimate than getting free ship and sell those in early game but now it's not worth to explore and looking for crystal, might well use exploit, before crystal mining nerfed, no need to exploit, but after crystal mining, might well look find way to exploit, because some people don't want spent so much hours to start up every time new game start, crystal mining is offer that legitimate without making anyone enemies or combat before nerfed, sure as short sighted, it's should there as option, not take away from certain player's, if other player think too easy then don't do it, because other player might enjoy doing that, and nerfed is take away from other player's enjoyment of gameplay, so go on.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Ehli
x4

Post by Ehli » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 15:44

Argh, this is bad news for ppl like me who did not yet grab the rare crystal achievement.. it's one of the last ones I need (besides Xtreme trade/fight..), but it seems like this is close to impossible to achieve now.

FatalKeks
x4

Post by FatalKeks » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 00:05

Ehli wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 15:44
Argh, this is bad news for ppl like me who did not yet grab the rare crystal achievement.. it's one of the last ones I need (besides Xtreme trade/fight..), but it seems like this is close to impossible to achieve now.
I guess the way to get this achievement now is to search for the rare one without shooting any others. So the rare one has to be the first you shoot. It's silly, but I don't see any other way besides extreme luck.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 00:49

Old Drullo321 wrote:
Yup, crystal hunting was legitimate way to gain fast cash, without resorting to use exploits/spoilers.
This nerf is totally unbalanced in terms of the common sense. There are 5 types of crystals and in 99% of chances encountered is 1 type?
Then let's then throw crystals out of the game and lets forget them.. Who with right mind would want to mine crystals, if you need to spend 1 hour to get 250k ??!?!
I think this nerf was supposed to be better announced.. I am now furious as I spent lots of time in vain (thinking I had just s**** luck), and found now this thread..

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 17:09

foxxbl wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 00:49
Old Drullo321 wrote:
Yup, crystal hunting was legitimate way to gain fast cash, without resorting to use exploits/spoilers.
This nerf is totally unbalanced in terms of the common sense. There are 5 types of crystals and in 99% of chances encountered is 1 type?
Then let's then throw crystals out of the game and lets forget them.. Who with right mind would want to mine crystals, if you need to spend 1 hour to get 250k ??!?!
I think this nerf was supposed to be better announced.. I am now furious as I spent lots of time in vain (thinking I had just s**** luck), and found now this thread..
Yep. I honestly felt that hunting crystals was very tedious and boring before but the payout was JUST ENOUGH that it was worth doing......BARELY, and I only did it long enough to get my Corvette and a few miners. Now, no way in hell am I going to do it. Guess I will just "cheat" myself a couple million when I start a new playthrough. Sad when the game makes the mechanics so painful that you feel cheating is the only way to play it.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 17:47

Midnitewolf wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 17:09
foxxbl wrote:
Old Drullo321 wrote:
Yep. I honestly felt that hunting crystals was very tedious and boring before but the payout was JUST ENOUGH that it was worth doing......BARELY, and I only did it long enough to get my Corvette and a few miners. Now, no way in hell am I going to do it. Guess I will just "cheat" myself a couple million when I start a new playthrough. Sad when the game makes the mechanics so painful that you feel cheating is the only way to play it.
I'm constantly amazed by people saying they need to cheat to make money, just because their go to unbalanced money printer dried up. There is a wealth of things to do in the game that all result in money. Hell they GIVE you a free trader from one of the earliest and easiest plot missions. How is it that you think you are owed a corvette and mining ships by default?

I mean sure you can cheat your way to millions and billions...but how does that affect the developers exactly? :roll:
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 17:50

Midnitewolf wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 17:09
foxxbl wrote:
Old Drullo321 wrote:
Or you could cap S/M ships, do missions, trade, scour battlegrounds for leftovers, fight xenon.... there are tons of ways to make money. Granted, none are as easy, broken, mind numbingly boring, vapid, and safe as crystal hunting.... but plenty of ways to make better cash.

Return to “X4: Foundations”