"THis ship no longer offered for sale to third parties"

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tempest
x4

Re: "THis ship no longer offered for sale to third parties"

Post by Tempest » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 11:32

soladept wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 10:49

your inital post seemed a bit rude to me.
it wasn't meant to be, it was sincere surprise at finding 2 pages worth of speculation on how to "unlock" something.

although a completely moot point, if i had to somehow "loresplain" this, the Asgard, and to a lesser degree Syn projects Terran absolute power onto the battlefield. (i would have sided with Redwyrm's initial reckoning of blueprints not being available either)

as for the offtopic points:

i for one am grateful my savegame is still intact, i've accepted that at some point i will probably have to start a new game eventually, but i continue to hope Egosoft manages to work around the save-breaking issues and "make everyone happy", i'm just fortunate enough to be on the other side of the fence, (this time) and hence biased.

did not have a chance to really investigate any mining issues, my usual solution to issues is to throw a load of ships at it, and hope it resolves itself. i have several mining-complexes still in the process of being "topped off", and factories are still spitting out end-products.

concerning ship mediocrity i would have to agree, yeah. destroyers & carriers have felt fragile ever since ver. 1.0. , M and S sized craft are waste of resources in ANY fleet (i have a strong dislike for mods though, so stuck with it. often discused mods like VRO etc.)
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 11:42

As I understand it these are also pretty resource intensive ships, so from a lore perspective maybe that's where they draw the line at letting you occupy their production lines. Although that also has a real in game opportunity cost, because the faction doesn't need your money but does need its production resources and shipyards, so maybe it's where the devs draw the line at letting you occupy the production lines lol
***modified***

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 11:53

LameFox wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 11:42
As I understand it these are also pretty resource intensive ships, so from a lore perspective maybe that's where they draw the line at letting you occupy their production lines. Although that also has a real in game opportunity cost, because the faction doesn't need your money but does need its production resources and shipyards, so maybe it's where the devs draw the line at letting you occupy the production lines lol
Sure, but the game doesnt tell you that the Terrans wont build you an Asgard due to it being resource intensive, and that reason doesnt apply to the Syn because you can still order Osakas. and if a resource shortage would be an issue i would be funneling my stations and traders into the TER shipyard to get it built, depending on the Split economy you have to do that to get a Raptor built almost all the time because the hull parts in stock keep getting sniped by L traders and miners queue jumping your order. and thats when I order my Raptors naked with the intent of outiftting them at an EQ dock.

the only thing the TER shipyard tells us is "not to Sale for Third Partys" the Encyclopedia entries for the Syn and Asgard do not say that they are that way or why, nowhere else in the game gives an explanation

this entire thread is pretty much speculation and crituque of the intent for this design. unless theres a bug and completing one of the new plots was supposed to unlock it and it doesnt work.

Personaly.... im frustrated, I dont want grind out billions of credits to get a shipbuilding industry going to get an Asgard, I want to be the Hero of Humanity, flying with my fellow Terrans to wipe out Xenon. and you dont have to go through such a hoop to go around flying a Raptor for the split, if OP ships are a considoration although you need more cash to get the fighter wings going, and perhaps enough stations to fix their shortages. Nevermind the sheer ease of getting a Rattlesnake. I mentioned before I would be fine with being able to earn Asgard and Syn access through plot rewards doing actions in favor of the Terrans, and previous X games have rewarded good ships or access to them through plot before, which is more sensible to me than forcing a player to get billions of credits of industry going for a shipyard, although admittidly a shipyard would be more convinent in the long run for making fleets later in the game.

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 12:16

unless theres a bug and completing one of the new plots was supposed to unlock it and it doesnt work.
if this existed, i would speculate it would involve some pretty outrageous demands with great consequences, concerning some sort of retalliatory strike against the Argon and/or even removing the ANT presence from "border sectors" like Getsu-Fune.

more of a commitment to the Terran cause then just shooting 30 criminal mass traffic/repairing some satellites etc. would be nice.
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 12:54

soladept wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 10:49
Idealy aligning with a faction with high reputation for some rewards should gate a few things behing a more permanent commitment, which includes consequences like gaining the factions enemys... you got to 20 reputation with the Terrans and became a Hero of Humanity? then to get their good stuff you have to align with them and get your reputation modifed by their diplomatic standings, now everyone dislikes you a bit, and if the Terrans get into a shooting war then you get those enemys too. this would work for all factions... you build rep with Zyarth and then commit to allying them you end up hostile with the Argon.... Align with Hop you get their enemys, Align with Teladi then Poverty is your enemy >.> no more of the being allies to every faction but the Xenon and being a war profiteer to everyone, just some of them. if you dont want to fully ally a faction you can still enjoy some Reputation benifets like trade discounts and some of the blueprints and Ships, you just wouldnt be able to get the good military stuff and some other perks.
This would be logical. Alas, "friendly profiteer" is a very common career choice in X-Universe. Significant player-base, presumably. I want it all (and I want it now).

A common plot trope is that a high-ranking member goes rogue / defects / is a spy and retains control of assets. A truly paranoid faction would have fanatic politruk/inquisitor sitting on self-destruct button, should the crew attempt mutiny, heresy, or just insufficient commitment. That would make treason and/or boarding more challenging.

I want it all

Nothing is more infuriating than a ship that you can't have and fly. Apart from couple exceptions, that has been the rule in X-Universe.

How do you get a ship?
  • Steal
  • Earn (e.g. a plot reward that cannot be replicated)
  • Buy
  • Build
X3 had PHQ for building. Blueprints were mainly via research, so you had to steal or buy before you could build.
Valhalla in X3AP was so big that Commonwealth PHQ could not build it, only the Terran PHQ. The start you had chosen dictated whether you could build. (Hence, I did commandeer dozen Valhallas from Terrans during the War, before forcing peace and becoming Hero of Sol.)
X4 NPC yards have limits, so building can be much more feasible than buying (as blueprints come with credits).

Yes, the ways to get a ship can be inconsistent in more than one way. Even if they are consistent with the intent of design (whatever that is), the lore can be lacking.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 13:25

soladept wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 11:53
LameFox wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 11:42
Sure, but the game doesnt tell you that the Terrans wont build you an Asgard due to it being resource intensive, and that reason doesnt apply to the Syn because you can still order Osakas. and if a resource shortage would be an issue i would be funneling my stations and traders into the TER shipyard to get it built, depending on the Split economy you have to do that to get a Raptor built almost all the time because the hull parts in stock keep getting sniped by L traders and miners queue jumping your order. and thats when I order my Raptors naked with the intent of outiftting them at an EQ dock.

the only thing the TER shipyard tells us is "not to Sale for Third Partys" the Encyclopedia entries for the Syn and Asgard do not say that they are that way or why, nowhere else in the game gives an explanation

this entire thread is pretty much speculation and crituque of the intent for this design. unless theres a bug and completing one of the new plots was supposed to unlock it and it doesnt work.

Personaly.... im frustrated, I dont want grind out billions of credits to get a shipbuilding industry going to get an Asgard, I want to be the Hero of Humanity, flying with my fellow Terrans to wipe out Xenon. and you dont have to go through such a hoop to go around flying a Raptor for the split, if OP ships are a considoration although you need more cash to get the fighter wings going, and perhaps enough stations to fix their shortages. Nevermind the sheer ease of getting a Rattlesnake. I mentioned before I would be fine with being able to earn Asgard and Syn access through plot rewards doing actions in favor of the Terrans, and previous X games have rewarded good ships or access to them through plot before, which is more sensible to me than forcing a player to get billions of credits of industry going for a shipyard, although admittidly a shipyard would be more convinent in the long run for making fleets later in the game.
Guys... guys... I had to read all 3 pages to make sure I stay relevant...

As always, it is a half baked wrongly implemented idea (my opinion):
1. The resources needed to build the Asgard are enough to "kill" Terran economy. That leads to have only the blueprints sold to the player. Obviously the Asgard(s) of the Terran Navy come at the start (free of charge on resources) and they are not replaceable if lost, just like the rest of the faction's Carriers.
2. The blueprints, that are for sale, are of course for when a player has his/hers own XL Shipyard, which means the billions are just flowing in.
3. The above point 2 is nullified by the fact that shipyard profits have been severely nerfed!!!

Egosoft at it's finest...

Oh... and BTW I think that the people that prebought the Collector's edition were not even aware that the 2 DLC would be the Terrans (most thought that they would be the Borons) and I believe they are a good (if not huge) chunk of the CoH owners...

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 13:37

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 13:25

Oh... and BTW I think that the people that prebought the Collector's edition were not even aware that the 2 DLC would be the Terrans (most thought that they would be the Borons) and I believe they are a good (if not huge) chunk of the CoH owners...
I prebought the collectors edition and even though I would have enjoyed having the Boron, personally, I am happy with CoH as well.

But, Egosoft will have made it harder for them for DLC3 as people will expect an even better DLC, considering CoH is nicer (in my opinion) than SV.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 13:53

Roeleveld wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 13:37
dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 13:25

I prebought the collectors edition and even though I would have enjoyed having the Boron, personally, I am happy with CoH as well.

But, Egosoft will have made it harder for them for DLC3 as people will expect an even better DLC, considering CoH is nicer (in my opinion) than SV.
I like the plots of CoH, actually I wish all plots ere like that and not the timewasting "Bring 2,222,222 Claytronics" that they are in the main game. That said I have a "hatred" for the Terrans from the totally absurd size of their stations in X3 and their xenophobia (myself being a "bloody Greek" I have a real life experience about it)...

Unfortunately there is a reason why Terran economy is so much different (and simpler) but even more why the Terran sectors are so desolate, lacking stations. The reason IMHO is that the CPU limit has come that much closer. 3 new factions = about 5,000 ships and station modules. When the player used to reach that level (pre CoH) the game became unplayable due to lag in fps and people had to restart... So... how much is performance enhanced in V4.00? Definitely not enough... Until new CPU's come in (with 128 architecture) the Borons will be a pipe dream.... (I'd gladly pay £200 for the Boron DLC if Egosoft can prove me wrong and I don't have to seriously upgrade my PC to play it if it comes out)...

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 14:16

Honestly, as far as resource costs go, i cant imagine that an Asgard uses much more resources than a Raptor does, considorning that they are within the same size and mass range, does anyone have numbers?

edit: encyclopeida 619 Computronic 2854 EC 1300 Metallic Microtronic for the hull

and is there any evidecne that the Terrans dont build more for themselves? or Replacements? the Intervention mission suggests they would replace losses
Last edited by soladept on Mon, 22. Mar 21, 14:21, edited 2 times in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 14:18

+ cost of all onboard equipment.

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 14:19

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 14:18
+ cost of all onboard equipment.
Asgard doesnt have as many turret slots as a Raptor, only other variables are the XL Battery

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 20:29

i've pulled some numbers (i couldn't find an easier way to do this), someone would prolly need to check my ms calculator math, as i have chubby fingers, but there seems to be nothing really too outrageous going on with the total amount of materials required, other then the 3 core materials which would require several stops at different factories to clean out their entire inventories (in my game they are still scarce) , in that sense, it would "cripple" the region for a decent while (just like the engine parts issues way back in pre-DLC times)

https://imgur.com/a/TVUrPqL

Asgard:

3496x Computronic Substrate
43694x Energy Cells
17913x Metallic Microlattice
2685x Silicon Carbide
6500x A/M Converters
2400x Engine Parts

Raptor:

30775x Hull Parts
2347x Computronic Substrate
51105x Energy Cells
15234x Metallic Microlattice
2224x Silicon Carbide
6500x A/M Converters
2400x Engine Parts

i don't know if it makes sense to have the Raptor decked in TER gear (i just pressed High Presets) but it seemed easier comparison wise.

ware production stats : (credits to Cristian @ X4-game.com, shamelessly copy-pasted)

Production Computronic Substrate
Cycle Time 10 minutes
Batch Size 98
Products per Hour 588
Max Efficiency 110%

Production Metallic Microlattice
Cycle Time 3 minutes
Batch Size 190
Products per Hour 3,800
Max Efficiency 120%

Production Silicon Carbide
Cycle Time 5 minutes
Batch Size 48
Products per Hour 576
Max Efficiency 120%

Drumma

Post by Drumma » Mon, 31. May 21, 17:22

This is a kick in the gut. I'm not as concerned about the Asgard but I've wanted the Syn since I saw it. Yesterday morning I achieved rank to go to the Inner planets and buy a TER cap ship then find out I can't.

I've never built a Shipyard or Wharf. I've played well over a thousand hours and have access to all ships (including Split); except TER apparently. Quite the let down this is. I know I can get an Osaka, but I was able to get it through my old (young gun) game save.

Is the only option to get a Syn still to build it yourself ?
(I guess I didn't read all million pages of this site to see where these ships were not available like the other cap ships)

Thanks and have a nice day

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Mon, 31. May 21, 18:33

Drumma wrote:
Mon, 31. May 21, 17:22
This is a kick in the gut. I'm not as concerned about the Asgard but I've wanted the Syn since I saw it. Yesterday morning I achieved rank to go to the Inner planets and buy a TER cap ship then find out I can't.

I've never built a Shipyard or Wharf. I've played well over a thousand hours and have access to all ships (including Split); except TER apparently. Quite the let down this is. I know I can get an Osaka, but I was able to get it through my old (young gun) game save.

(I guess I didn't read all million pages of this site to see where these ships were not available like the other cap ships)

There is another method:
Spoiler
Show
do the Terran plot missions.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 31. May 21, 18:47

On the bright side actually building it yourself is fairly hassle free because of the strength of the Terran economy.
Otoh, it's going to be really expensive because of the cost of the XL/L Fab blueprints. Can't remember the cost of the ship blueprints but they weren't too bad relatively speaking.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 31. May 21, 19:53

Drumma wrote:
No, it is not. You can get dozens of Asgards and Syns without paying a penny. It is called "boarding".

Done with honor, hundreds or thousands of TER fighters/Osakas will die in the process. Awesome bonus, isn't it? :twisted:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Mon, 31. May 21, 21:04

Drumma wrote:

Yes, if you do not plan to declare war on TER (figure of speech) only if you build them except the Syn you get for free.
However you might find an Asgard wreck in XEN sectors.

nOy
x4

Post by nOy » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 20:02

Panos wrote:
Mon, 31. May 21, 21:04
Drumma wrote:

Yes, if you do not plan to declare war on TER (figure of speech) only if you build them except the Syn you get for free.
However you might find an Asgard wreck in XEN sectors.
Not entirely accurate. The impact to your reputation will be minimal (unless you are already red to them) if you board an Asgard or Syn without destroying any subsystem. That means, look for an opportunity to board an already damaged Asgard/Syn (in Xenon sectors, no one to report boarding action to) and board it choosing Very Strong (highest risk) from the drop down menu for all stages of the boarding action. Hopefully with fingers crossed to the God of RNG, you will have enough marines surviving the boarding action and end up capturing the ship. Got my first Asgard this way with minimal reputation impact, especially true if you already have a high rep with them.

And it helps if you board ships not belonging to a fleet, since the rest of the fleet will be red to you for a period of time.
nOy>>

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 05:59

nOy wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 20:02
Not entirely accurate. The impact to your reputation will be minimal (unless you are already red to them) if you board an Asgard or Syn without destroying any subsystem. That means, look for an opportunity to board an already damaged Asgard/Syn (in Xenon sectors, no one to report boarding action to) and board it choosing Very Strong (highest risk) from the drop down menu for all stages of the boarding action. Hopefully with fingers crossed to the God of RNG, you will have enough marines surviving the boarding action and end up capturing the ship. Got my first Asgard this way with minimal reputation impact, especially true if you already have a high rep with them.

And it helps if you board ships not belonging to a fleet, since the rest of the fleet will be red to you for a period of time.
No impact at all if you use ships with strong enough shields to weather the storm and can get enough boarding pods to land. Just disarm all your weapons systems and go for it.

Fleet doesn't seem to care most of the time as long as you don't fire a shot (set to Defend, I assume), just the target itself will actually shoot you.

Euan1234

Post by Euan1234 » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 22:05

Wondering if the devs have new ships in development I.e more battleships? Anybody heard or seen anything regarding this yet?

Return to “X4: Foundations”