"THis ship no longer offered for sale to third parties"

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Redwyrm

"THis ship no longer offered for sale to third parties"

Post by Redwyrm » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 05:23

So, is there any way to acquire those ships? It seems even reputation license unlock still doesn't give access to those

Roeleveld
x4

Re: "THis ship no longer offered for sale to third parties"

Post by Roeleveld » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 07:00

Redwyrm wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 05:23
So, is there any way to acquire those ships? It seems even reputation license unlock still doesn't give access to those
You can try boarding or building it yourself?

Redwyrm

Post by Redwyrm » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 07:39

Roeleveld wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 07:00
Boarding, perhaps. Although i recon Terrans would hate that... like a lot.
Building though. If they not selling ship as it is, i reckon they wouldn't sell blueprint either.

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 07:40

Redwyrm wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 07:39
Roeleveld wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 07:00
Building though. If they not selling ship as it is, i reckon they wouldn't sell blueprint either.
Have you tried?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 08:00

Redwyrm wrote:
Not true - both ships and XL beam are listed for sell at TER representative - you need 20 reputation to unlock them.

Redwyrm

Post by Redwyrm » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 20:30

I assume starting as a Terran also wouldn't help anyhow?

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 20:31

Redwyrm wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 20:30
I assume starting as a Terran also wouldn't help anyhow?
Would give you a boost to reputation, help you buy the blueprint earlier.

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 00:29

Its possible one of the new Terran involved plots may reward you by unlocking Asgard and Syn orders in their shipyards, but its going to hard to know until the new Plots get explored and documented.

Which i am worried about ever being done because Text Player guides and documentation is much poorer with X4 compared to X3, and I dislike video guides greatly because streamers just want your views and time for their benifet while you can CTRL F in text guide and pull the data your looking for within 30 seconds. Im not sure why player interest in making guides is so poor with X4

Yaki plot thoughts for potential Asgard unlock
Spoiler
Show
the intervention war missions you get for reporting the yaki as a threat and their base location could be potential Asgard unlock but its a slog waiting on the task force to get to savage spur so I havent been able to confirm yet. If not the other alternatives is the new Terran / Argon plot or one of the CoH sector Terraforming missions that wasnt in the beta.
Last edited by soladept on Fri, 19. Mar 21, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.

WindOfHorus
x4

Post by WindOfHorus » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 00:33

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 08:00
Redwyrm wrote:
Not true - both ships and XL beam are listed for sell at TER representative - you need 20 reputation to unlock them.
I don't get it - i am +23 with TER, i am at their shipyard in moon sector and i can't buy them because they are not longer offered for sale to third parties.
So i just can build them by myself buying a blueprint and manufacturing a shipyard - that would be pretty uncool for people like me who started with the game from the beginning.

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 00:43

WindOfHorus wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 00:33
mr.WHO wrote:
Redwyrm wrote:
I don't get it - i am +23 with TER, i am at their shipyard in moon sector and i can't buy them because they are not longer offered for sale to third parties.
So i just can build them by myself buying a blueprint and manufacturing a shipyard - that would be pretty uncool for people like me who started with the game from the beginning.
It doesnt even make sense from a roleplay or lore standpoint, if the Terrans are to paranoid and picky that they wont even sell the ships to a Hero of Humanity, why would they sell you the blueprints?

WindOfHorus
x4

Post by WindOfHorus » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 00:47

soladept wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 00:43
WindOfHorus wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 00:33
mr.WHO wrote:

It doesnt even make sense from a roleplay or lore standpoint, if the Terrans are to paranoid and picky that they wont even sell the ships to a Hero of Humanity, why would they sell you the blueprints?
Thats a very good question. Maybe it is story-related and will be "unlocked" in later gameplay to prevent people from buying a dozen of battleships at once. Beside the fact that i cannot even a fraction of a battleship :D i was just wondering...

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 02:10

Maybe they just don't want to go to the effort for you, but they don't mind if you're willing to do it yourself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
***modified***

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 02:31

LameFox wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 02:10
Maybe they just don't want to go to the effort for you, but they don't mind if you're willing to do it yourself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That makes no sense. lorewise the only main reason i see for the Terrans to restrict sales on Asgard/Syn are to Military/Trust concerns.... and that would apply just as much to the blueprints.

Im not sure why the Asgard is restricted to begin with if you cant unlock it through a plot or something..... the cost of buying an Asgard from the TER shipyard can also be spent on, say, several Rattlesnakes/Behemoths or a Raptor and have as much military impact for fleet fights or station bashing as far as player streategy and economics go. So I dont understand the reasoning by locking TER shipyard orders if the only way to procure one is through spending billions on blueprints and a personal shipyard (usualy by the time you can afford that the player has fleets already)

edit addition
Spoiler
Show
Plus the Syn being locked makes even lese sense.... since you can get one through one of the new plots, if the Terrans were comfortable enough to trust you with a Syn then they should trust you to buy more from their yards and eradicate more Xenon with them.
It would have made sense if the Blueprints were locked too and you had to earn the merits of buying the ships and blueprints through a pro-terran plot choice to earn their trust completely, as its implemented now it feels to me more like devs were wanting to take awy the fun toy for some undefined goal of difficulty without making sure the process was internaly logical for the game and the Terran faction roleplay/lore wise. if theres an unlock with the Terraforming missions thats about as silly for the player as spending billions on a XL shipyard and blueprints since Terraforming missions are just as resource intensive, and one could have more easly loaded up on good Commonwealth ships with those.

rebutting with the Asgard being OP is rather pointless because the AI you fight is an AI..... Humans in X4 can steamroll the AI with Phoenixes and other Teladi ships, im sure some intrepid person out there will conquer all of Sol with Teladi ships just for kicks. and restricting/delaying the ship because it unbalances things due to being strong.... doesnt even make sense, especialy since the Split ships exist. Im not sure what the reason or logic behind it was other than some notion of delaying access to.... make things harder? earn it? if its making you work for it more than getting to 20 rep wouldnt a Plot reward have been sufficent? It doesnt seem to be tied to plots, people are completing and exploring the differnt plot missions right now and there hasnt been any reports of the Asgard and Syn unlocking yet. they certianly dont want you to board them, Asgards seem to be scripted to have sizable complements of Elite Marines, every ship i have seen in my game had over 6000 boarding resistance.

its starting to give me flashbacks to X3 AP, where a dedicated Terran player had to backstab their own faction to get a Vahalla because the devs didnt make them buyable, which I disliked design wise since it rewarded pirates over loyalists, would have been better to make it unboardable than not have a legit aquisition method for a faction loyalist. if you dedicate yourself to a faction you should get the perks of it.

WindOfHorus
x4

Post by WindOfHorus » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 10:08

Found a thread in the Steam X4 Forums.

There is a thread with the same topic where a dev gives an answer/hint:

(Quote)
"If you were Terran High command would you give access to one of your mightiest Ships to the first Cadet that asks for it?
There is a reason why there is a Lock next to it... guess all you need is to find the Key to unlock it... hmm.. could it be a reward i wonder?"

Well... thats what i guessed in the end: it seems to be locked by the story - so coming to a certain point in the plot will, as far as i understand, unlock these ships for buying.

cheers

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 13:32

WindOfHorus wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 10:08

(Quote)
"If you were Terran High command would you give access to one of your mightiest Ships to the first Cadet that asks for it?
There is a reason why there is a Lock next to it... guess all you need is to find the Key to unlock it... hmm.. could it be a reward i wonder?"

Well... thats what i guessed in the end: it seems to be locked by the story - so coming to a certain point in the plot will, as far as i understand, unlock these ships for buying.

cheers
I had seen that quote also, problem is, nothings surfaced as far as player reports from plot completions, people have been getting through the Yaki and TER/ARG plots over the last few days. If its tied into a Terraforming mission then as i mentioned earlier that seems qutie silly, and as costly as getting a player shipyard up. not to mention a strange way to be rewarded.... terraforming a planet may be a nice merit but its mostly a civilian economy action.... and i think most of the canidates would be in Pioneer space and the Pioneers dont really have Asgards do they? And one would expect the ability to buy an Asgard from the yard to be a military reward.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 13:39

WindOfHorus wrote:

(Quote)

cheers
Spoiler
Show
And it has to be the choice were you send Terran Fleet to yaki HQ to get rid of it...

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 13:58

rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 13:39
WindOfHorus wrote:

(Quote)

cheers
Spoiler
Show
And it has to be the choice were you send Terran Fleet to yaki HQ to get rid of it...
can you confirm that? because someone else i asked said there was no extra reward for doing that plot step.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 18:38

No can’t confirm but this mission is the only one I haven’t completed. And if dev says it‘ll be unlocked as a reward than it must be it.

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 22:59

Perhaps its a faction unlock like teleporting to a station belonging to a faction with 28 or higher.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 23:30

Redwyrm wrote:
Oh dear, :oops:

I have tried to avoid most threads that potentially disclose information.

I have continued to play as Untested Explorer and haven't been sure how to treat the Terrans. They spoke to me. No other faction has done so. Bad for them. Something about "Restricted space". I went sightseeing anyway. If they say that they will shoot, then they should.

Anyway, Protectorate's reputation is -15, not very angry.

Then I saw an "Intervention Force" to sail to Tharka. I was mildly curious. The fleet did push the Xenon, but after a while it had only one ship left. Thick ship, some 80 crew, one or two star captain. Thick enough to still hurt the Xenon.

Still unsure about how to think about Terrans, I went to watch high attention. Went to scan the ship. Scanning was only a partial success. Could not read loadout.

Unacceptable.

A lone Protectorate's Asgard near Xenon Defense Platform and not far from Xenon Wharf. Asgard, Xenon, and one red Dragon Raider -- yours truly.

I'm the shepherd. The Xenon are my herd. This wolf had no place here. Time for intervention. :goner:

Since I had not seen spoilers, I had no clue how hard it can be. Took out the engine. Took out the turrets. Xenon did serve as distraction for a while. By the time the beast was toothless, I had 96 Marines on site. 7 Elite, 89 Veterans. About 5200 points. Asgard crew were about 1500 points. No Elites.

I went with "Very Strong Hull" stage. Had no desire to chew the shields. It took about 1.5 hours from initial scan to boarding complete. 96 Marines went in. 84 survived. 9 of them are Elite. Trading 12 Marines to 1 Asgard is fair trade?

While the crew was still cutting though the hull, a Xenon K did appear and approach. Dashed to it to kill its engines before it got in range of Asgard. Killed it too. With Dragon. Another K flew by. Took no chances and killed its engines. Third K flew by so clearly (to Gate) that I did let it go.

When the ship was mine it took two more hours before its engine was back online and it could fly out. Luckily the Xenon Wharf did send ships slowly to check on us.

Terran hate ... was just -2 in total. They now think that I'm a -17 person, i.e. still Mostly Harmless.

What a day! Saved the Xenon from the evil Protectorate (while killing many). Stole a ship under the noses of pesky Xenon. Learned that while I thought that I did start from the bottom my interactions with the Protectorate, the ship I confiscated is not exactly "bottom of the barrel". Or is it? :roll:
:x4:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”