Now available: X4: Foundations 4.00 update and X4: Cradle of Humanity expansion (*Update* 4.00 Hotfix 3)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

surferx
x4

Re: Now available: X4: Foundations 4.00 update and X4: Cradle of Humanity expansion (*Update* 4.00 Hotfix 2)

Post by surferx » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 15:47

chew-ie wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 21:31
solarie99 wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 21:21
chew-ie wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 20:54
It's quite common that people aren't fond of changes. That's what we have here - a X4 that is evolving into a more serious game. Thus the not-so-easy mining game mechanics.

Like always, Egosoft will address the most real problems in time. And as always the exaggerated ones will be forgotten in time as they aren't real problems. This mostly happens when people adapt to new situations.
So for you stations not getting suplies, and miners dont mine what stations need and just sit and do nothign is not a problem.? Then i wonder are you playing the game? And what are you doing in game, sitting around and watch asteroides spin?
Any how i have said what i wanted to say and try and rely over to Egosoft, am not here to bikker and argue with ppl.That wont solve anything.
I'm doing quite fine so far - I adapted to the changes and I am building my 3rd Asgard right now. That's 1mrd credits for blueprints'n stuff + getting a hang on the new mining stuff. So it is possible. (CoH forced me to own my first L & XL shipyard because I couldn't just simply buy all the new toys but have to build them myself)

But yeah, I'm not here to bicker too. Just wanted to show a different perspective as well.
Same here. It's good to have an amiable exchange of ideas.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

geldonyetich
x4

Re: Now available: X4: Foundations 4.00 update and X4: Cradle of Humanity expansion (*Update* 4.00 Hotfix 2)

Post by geldonyetich » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 23:58

SwizzleStick86 wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 21:34
Stations get plenty of supplies (at least in my game) and miners work great. The only problem comes when you start building a bunch of mega-factories. But at that point money is valuless anyways as once you have a shipyard, not only can you build your own free ships, but produce your own materials to build new stations.
I tend to skew optimistic about X4, but I'm not this optimistic: Miners do not work great.

They have many little issues, such as going way out of their way to mine low densities. But the big one is station miners' inability to switch from one type of liquid/solid to another. The second you want to make Computronic Substrate - one ware out of only three production wares in the Terran economy - you need two solids and a liquid, you're stuck with this. A single station production component is not a megacomplex problem. It's not a late-game problem. That's an early-to-mid game problem. I'm still far from having shipyards and had to sort this out.

My optimistic bent is this: you can work around it. You can make depots to sort collections into just one liquid and one solid. Then have miners assigned as traders to move those from the depots to the production station. At that point, sure, miners work. I still wouldn't say they're working great because the miners still won't mine as efficiently as they should, but you can throw enough of them at it that it's a relative non-issue. No longer a showstopper, but something fundamentally broken enough that the players need to take a fairly large detour to resolve it.

My guess is that the reason why Hotfix 3 is taking so long is they're trying to track these issues down.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Now available: X4: Foundations 4.00 update and X4: Cradle of Humanity expansion (*Update* 4.00 Hotfix 3)

Post by Gregory » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 14:15

:!: 4.00 Hotfix 3 released :!:

We're back with another hotfix for X4: Foundations 4.00 to deal with a couple of remaining issues, so that you can spend more time with the game over the Easter weekend.

Here's the changelog for X4: Foundations 4.00 Hotfix 3:
  • Improved collision detection, especially at high speeds.
  • Fixed re-tasked NPC traders sometimes holding on to reservations for trades they are not going to complete.
  • Fixed not seeing assigned trainees on HQ after relocating it to sector without training capabilities.
  • Fixed player being able to easily board ships they've just sold.
  • Fixed missile launchers not being available to Terran and Pioneer factions.
  • Fixed license requirements for missile launchers and turrets.
  • Fixed automatic buy/sell threshold calculation for intermediate wares with manual storage allocation.
  • Fixed blacklist entries for certain sectors not being loaded after saving.
  • Fixed incorrect Torus airlock state if players teleports unexpectedly.
  • Fixed cases of mission ship being stuck in hazardous region during Second Assistant mission.
  • Fixed target ship in Mutually Assured Destruction mission stopping for no apparent reason.
  • Fixed Advanced Satellite deployment not registering in The Meeting story mission.
  • Fixed From the Ashes mission not accepting Terran ship fabrication modules.
  • Fixed Save Them From Themselves mission not ending if important character is no longer available when objective is completed.
  • Fixed Hatikvah mission getting stuck when interrupting Dal during Teladi meeting.
  • Fixed Operation Hyena Station construction failing to complete.
  • Fixed Falx asking for impossible equipment loadout in Terran Deliver Fleet missions.
  • Fixed Oberth not accepting antimatter cells in specific circumstances.
  • Fixed Final Debrief not continuing when defending Saman from Pirates under specific circumstances.
  • Fixed issues with Undercover Trader in Zyarth's Coffin story mission.
  • Fixed NPC in Treacherous Shallows mission getting killed if station is destroyed before player starts conversation.
  • Fixed Moreya gained in Astronauts, Champions, Truth Seekers mission remaining locked from pilot assignment after end of plot.
  • Fixed missing reputation reward for A Heart for Pirates mission.
  • Fixed encyclopedia entry selection when opening sector entries.
  • Fixed targeting capital ships not unlocking weapon and thruster information in Encyclopedia.
  • Fixed missing option to resume production if production module is marked for recycling or is hacked.
  • Fixed Yaki station sometimes having no icon.
  • Fixed several causes of crashes.
If you're using an RTX 30x0 series card to play X4: Foundations, then please make sure you download NVIDIA's latest GeForce Game Ready driver, released on March 30th.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Wed, 7. Apr 21, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adjusted driver link
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

chew-ie
x4

Re: Now available: X4: Foundations 4.00 update and X4: Cradle of Humanity expansion (*Update* 4.00 Hotfix 3)

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 15:03

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 14:15
  • Fixed missile launchers not being available to Terran and Pioneer factions.
  • Fixed license requirements for missile launchers and turrets.
Missile Asgards! :thumb_up:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 15:17

chew-ie wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 15:03
Missile Asgards! :thumb_up:
*cancels shipyard order* :lol:

thanks team, have a nice long easter weekend!
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Sao t'Lp
x4

Post by Sao t'Lp » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 15:59

Neat! Thanks for the update and enjoy the easter holidays.
Fixed missile launchers not being available to Terran and Pioneer factions.
I actually thought that not having missles was intended. I kinda liked it.
You want Split? :split:

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 16:57

"Improved collision detection, especially at high speeds."
Im interested to hear what this does exactly, havent seen much difference in game.

Mr.Morrison
x4

Post by Mr.Morrison » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 10:52

Axeface wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 16:57
"Improved collision detection, especially at high speeds."
Im interested to hear what this does exactly, havent seen much difference in game.
+1

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 12:30

Physics modelling is always going to be a trade-off between accuracy and performance, and there are limits to what can be done. As a result, any improvement to physics will be just that, an improvement, not a silver bullet that fixes every possible scenario. In this case it reduces the chances of certain collisions being missed, but we're aware that, for example, it may still be possible to fly through some objects in travel mode.

kobayashimaru
x4

Post by kobayashimaru » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 13:07

geldonyetich wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 23:58
SwizzleStick86 wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 21:34
Stations get plenty of supplies (at least in my game) and miners work great. The only problem comes when you start building a bunch of mega-factories. But at that point money is valuless anyways as once you have a shipyard, not only can you build your own free ships, but produce your own materials to build new stations.
I tend to skew optimistic about X4, but I'm not this optimistic: Miners do not work great.

They have many little issues, such as going way out of their way to mine low densities. But the big one is station miners' inability to switch from one type of liquid/solid to another. The second you want to make Computronic Substrate - one ware out of only three production wares in the Terran economy - you need two solids and a liquid, you're stuck with this. A single station production component is not a megacomplex problem. It's not a late-game problem. That's an early-to-mid game problem. I'm still far from having shipyards and had to sort this out.

My optimistic bent is this: you can work around it. You can make depots to sort collections into just one liquid and one solid. Then have miners assigned as traders to move those from the depots to the production station. At that point, sure, miners work. I still wouldn't say they're working great because the miners still won't mine as efficiently as they should, but you can throw enough of them at it that it's a relative non-issue. No longer a showstopper, but something fundamentally broken enough that the players need to take a fairly large detour to resolve it.

My guess is that the reason why Hotfix 3 is taking so long is they're trying to track these issues down.
This is strange. I have 2 computronic complexes and they are both doing fine, making a lot of money. 20 miners assigned to each, fetching resources normally. I made a fresh start after CoH release.

aquatica
x4

Post by aquatica » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 22:55

Miners don't really work that great.

If you have any factory that needs 2 similar resources (2 gas or 2 mineral), you assign 2 miners for it. Even when the other resources is full (say: Silicon) your miners still go out to mine only Silicon, not Ore. Even if Ore is more available.
We need a way to balance these: like in the other threads discussed if was prioritized like as a default: equally between resources/miner types (2 resources and 6 miners? Both resources would get 3 miners) would be an awesome start.

Now my facilities run dry of Ore, when at the same time there's humongous amounts of Silicon coming in with miners.

Other than that, my performance peaked quite nicely on HF3 which I love a lot! So keep up at the good work @devs! :)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 23:11

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 4. Apr 21, 12:30
In this case it reduces the chances of certain collisions being missed, but we're aware that, for example, it may still be possible to fly through some objects in travel mode.
Thanks for the clarification. Its not what I thought it was at all, and yeh that often happened to me, the engine allowed me to fly through something without stopping.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 17:06

re hotfix 3 notes;

The bit about "If you're using an RTX 30x0 series card to play X4: Foundations, then please make sure you download NVIDIA's latest GeForce Game Ready driver, released on March 30th." link seems to get a game ready driver update specifically for Laptops. am I missing something here or is the nVidia site just sloppy in not specifying more supported systems ie; desktop cards?
If you start a download the file name is 465.89-NOTEBOOK-win 10-64bit blah blah...
well, I'm not about to download till I figure this one out..
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 17:13

This is the correct link for the desktop version.

Edit: I adjusted the driver links in the hotfix announcement accordingly.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 17:23

Try this page for desktop devices. I'll try and get the link corrected (or at least clarified) on the news posts etc.

darklead
x4

Post by darklead » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 11:43

Hello, are there any plans to improve the graphics component? With the move to Vulkan technology, the game has sadly lost some of the visual polish that I loved about X Rebirth. It may be a matter of shaders or something else, but the clarity and range of light sources have suffered, and so on. At the same time, it is the same engine. Thank you for your attention!
The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

LordAmaury

Post by LordAmaury » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 20:08

Hi everyone,
I'm mainly playing with keyboard and mouse for the moment and I was wondering if the team have some plans to improve controller integration for menus and other screens in the future ? I would really like to play with my controller and to be fair it globaly works but it's still a bit too tricky to play like that for the moment,n I don't know if it would require a specific UI or if it is just mapping. I don't know if I'm the only one hoping this but I wanted to share my thoughts with you here.
Thank you :-)

Return to “X4: Foundations”