3.0+ OOS Combat Changes?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nagittchi
x4

3.0+ OOS Combat Changes?

Post by Nagittchi » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 19:55

Are OOS calculations still judged by DPS and Health Points? I've read that Ion Blasters which are only supposed to cut through shields cut through hull OOS. Wouldn't that mean kitting out a bunch of M ships with Bosons kill everything OOS as well?

Haven't played X4 since 1.3 and the only ones that have come up in my search are from pre-Split Vendetta so I'm curious if there were any changes.

EDIT: Never mind. Boson Lances still wreck OOS.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 3.0+ OOS Combat Changes?

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 23:58

Nagittchi wrote:
Sat, 28. Nov 20, 19:55
I've read that Ion Blasters which are only supposed to cut through shields cut through hull OOS.
This was fixed by the time of version 3.00. They now will cut through both shield and hull until shield falls below some threshold. After that point they deal minimum hull damage. If you send a doom fleet with ion blasters against a capital ship they still will nuke a significant chunk of their hull in the first tick or so that breaks the shield, but after that initial chunk they will chip away at the rest very slowly.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 00:17

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 29. Nov 20, 23:58
Nagittchi wrote:
Sat, 28. Nov 20, 19:55
I've read that Ion Blasters which are only supposed to cut through shields cut through hull OOS.
This was fixed by the time of version 3.00. They now will cut through both shield and hull until shield falls below some threshold. After that point they deal minimum hull damage. If you send a doom fleet with ion blasters against a capital ship they still will nuke a significant chunk of their hull in the first tick or so that breaks the shield, but after that initial chunk they will chip away at the rest very slowly.
Good to know. However, Boson Lances still destroy OOS. Sent 4 Nemesis into a swarm of Xenon M/Ns and saw those little blips just get eradicated within seconds.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 00:20

Nagittchi wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 00:17
Good to know. However, Boson Lances still destroy OOS. Sent 4 Nemesis into a swarm of Xenon M/Ns and saw those little blips just get eradicated within seconds.
Rattlesnake Main Batteries do exactly the same. My personal Rattlesnake with equipment mods installed onto it will kill 10-20 Xenon S/M ships per in map view tick. At this stage it effectively hard counters S/M craft. It can also solo 2 Xenon Ks in map view at the same time as a result of this behaviour.

Not tested this in 4.00 beta so the behaviour may no longer be the same.

Return to “X4: Foundations”