4.00 Public Beta now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shehriazad
x4

Re: 4.00 Public Beta now available

Post by Shehriazad » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 20:38

HF2 says it has a "workaround" for RTX30 GPU crashes....does this workaround have any visible downside/impact for owners of such a card or is it just something in the background we will not notice at all?

Edit: Only asking because usually when I read "workaround" in a patch note it usually does something bad to prevent a bad thing xD

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 21:27

In principle you shouldn't notice any difference. The workaround results in slightly more graphics card memory being used, but since the affected cards have plenty of memory and the workaround doesn't activate on other cards, this shouldn't cause any problems.

Note that the workaround appears to have improved things in our tests, but we're putting it out for others to try to confirm whether or not it works for a wider range of people. Meanwhile, NVidia are still working with us to find a proper driver-level solution.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 22:44

Thanks for the details. And yeah I got some spare Vram in X4. It isn't the most demanding in terms of vram so that's fine if it helps people that still have the issue.

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 03:23

Gregory wrote:
Tue, 17. Nov 20, 19:45
Update 11.03.2021

:!: Important message regarding ventures in 4.00 :!:
What a Good news!
and
the Venture is the only way to get many paints. Is there any alternative way I can get them during the shutdown period? For example, Terraforming?

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 07:43

hxsgame wrote:
Fri, 12. Mar 21, 03:23
Gregory wrote:
Update 11.03.2021

What a Good news!
and
the Venture is the only way to get many paints. Is there any alternative way I can get them during the shutdown period? For example, Terraforming?
Mods.
It'll be your only reliable way during the shutdown.
The only other thing you can do is capturing ships with skins you like and then dock it at a wharf/shipyard to copy the paint job.
And I think a feeeeew war missions also reward Paintjobs...but it's a rather limited selection.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 08:32

Shehriazad wrote:
Fri, 12. Mar 21, 07:43
hxsgame wrote:
Fri, 12. Mar 21, 03:23
Gregory wrote:
Update 11.03.2021

What a Good news!
and
Mods.
The only other thing you can do is capturing ships with skins you like and then dock it at a wharf/shipyard to copy the paint job.
And I think a feeeeew war missions also reward Paintjobs...but it's a rather limited selection.
For the war missions, TEL, ZYA, HOP, PAR each offer like 2-4 different paint jobs.
I aim to misbehave...
Maybe we've got 'em demoralised!
My X4 Guide on How to Steal Blueprints
Guide - Raw Resource Trading Post

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 08:37

Shehriazad wrote:
[..] ships with skins you like and then dock it at a wharf/shipyard to copy the paint job.
[..]
Wait... what? That is possible? Like in no bugusing but a valid game mechanic :?

BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 09:53

Sad about ventures being disabled.

Happy about forthcoming ventures features!

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 10:14

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 11. Mar 21, 20:02

As you may have read or heard already, we are planning a major overhaul of our "ventures" asynchronous multiplayer feature in the not-too-distant future. We're not quite ready to share more details about this just yet, but we do have an important message about ventures, involving next week's release of the big 4.00 update for X4: Foundations.

When the 4.00 update is released on March 16th, 2021, ventures will be disabled. You will be unable to start any new ventures, or continue existing venture missions that have already started. Ships that are currently on ventures in your game will automatically return to the Venture Dock from which they started, and they will not bring back any venture rewards.

As we make further progress with the aforementioned venture overhaul in the next couple of weeks, we will update you with details of the upcoming changes.

We apologise for any inconvenience, and look forward to providing you with more details on the revised ventures soon.
In the current Beta, I am not seeing the collection of paint-mods I collected through Ventures.
Will we at least get those during the Venture-shutdown? Or will we be stuck with the basic paints?

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 12:02

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 11. Mar 21, 21:27
In principle you shouldn't notice any difference. The workaround results in slightly more graphics card memory being used, but since the affected cards have plenty of memory and the workaround doesn't activate on other cards, this shouldn't cause any problems.

Note that the workaround appears to have improved things in our tests, but we're putting it out for others to try to confirm whether or not it works for a wider range of people. Meanwhile, NVidia are still working with us to find a proper driver-level solution.
I did a quick test this morning, can't say I noticed more GPU-memory usage, but also didn't notice a real change in FPS (either way).
(Using a RTX3080 here)

I do hope this solves the stability issues others have seen.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 12:20

Roeleveld wrote:
Fri, 12. Mar 21, 10:14
In the current Beta, I am not seeing the collection of paint-mods I collected through Ventures.
Will we at least get those during the Venture-shutdown? Or will we be stuck with the basic paints?
Once the new venture system is re-enabled and you are able to reconnect to the server, your access to those should be restored.

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 12:22

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 12. Mar 21, 12:20
Roeleveld wrote:
Fri, 12. Mar 21, 10:14
Once the new venture system is re-enabled and you are able to reconnect to the server, your access to those should be restored.
I was afraid of this, but it's something I can live with.

Really looking forward to CoH and the new Venture system (whenever that one appears)

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 15:01

Shehriazad wrote:

Mods.
Not so, since one the Ventures come back you'll need to start a new game since that one will be classified as *Modified* and can not participate...

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 15:47

Btw...the "workaround" makes me crash again on my RTX 3070 lmao. I was crashfree with the weird beta vulkan update from Nvidia, but now Im back to crashing right at startup :lol:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 15:50

Is that still with the beta Vulkan, or back on the latest release driver Vulkan? Also this would best be done in the appropriate beta thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”