4.00 Public Beta now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Re: 4.00 Public Beta now available

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 26. Dec 20, 18:42

dreamer2008 wrote:
Sat, 26. Dec 20, 18:35
Is it worth moving to the beta in a new playthrough, or are the ventures too good to miss out?
Depends, the things we find in Ventures (so far at least) are paint mods and some hard to get Exceptional Mod parts (for the pink ship mods)... If there will be more to it (according to the Devs there will) it will be there in the V4.00 release. So, if you are not interested too much in these things I'd suggest you try the Beta if for nothing else but NPC docking is greatly improved, the Khaak is a more serious threat and their stations destructible and better overall performance so far...

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 26. Dec 20, 19:00

dreamer2008 wrote:
Is it worth moving to the beta in a new playthrough, or are the ventures too good to miss out?
I started a new game when the 4.0beta came out & for me at least the new stuff added was well worth not having Ventures available. As dtpsprt mentioned above only really missing out on paint mods & one of the sources of exceptional mods. Frankly, I miss the former much more than the latter. Getting more than enough ship mods for my purposes from missions. However, there are only a handful of paint mods available without Ventures & I don't particularly like any of them - most of them are far too garish for my tastes.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 26. Dec 20, 19:24

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Sat, 26. Dec 20, 19:00
dreamer2008 wrote:
I started a new game when the 4.0beta came out & for me at least the new stuff added was well worth not having Ventures available. As dtpsprt mentioned above only really missing out on paint mods & one of the sources of exceptional mods. Frankly, I miss the former much more than the latter. Getting more than enough ship mods for my purposes from missions. However, there are only a handful of paint mods available without Ventures & I don't particularly like any of them - most of them are far too garish for my tastes.
dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 26. Dec 20, 18:42
dreamer2008 wrote:
Depends, the things we find in Ventures (so far at least) are paint mods and some hard to get Exceptional Mod parts (for the pink ship mods)... If there will be more to it (according to the Devs there will) it will be there in the V4.00 release. So, if you are not interested too much in these things I'd suggest you try the Beta if for nothing else but NPC docking is greatly improved, the Khaak is a more serious threat and their stations destructible and better overall performance so far...
Okay, thank you both, I will move to the beta in that case :D

Micle-x

Post by Micle-x » Tue, 5. Jan 21, 11:52

after passing the gate, drones are not released at the destination - the problem is with them, especially if you have several 8-9 frigates. You have to manually set them up protection and then the escord so that they start to crawl out - so with each unit separately

how to set up NPC behavior - shoot torpedoes from main torpedo launchers only at large ships - you need a screenshot with instructions

Micle-x

Post by Micle-x » Tue, 5. Jan 21, 20:45

how to fire torpedoes from a safe distance as a fleet manager? the ships are constantly self-destruct

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 5. Jan 21, 20:48

This is the 4.00 public beta announcement thread. Please start a separate thread to ask gameplay questions.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 6. Jan 21, 11:46

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 5. Jan 21, 20:48
This is the 4.00 public beta announcement thread. Please start a separate thread to ask gameplay questions.
I did just that, thanks for the tip (I looked but could not find anything related, so, I placed it here.
Now I want to delete those two wrong placed posts (as I put them in the right place) but I could not find a button to delete my own message....

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 6. Jan 21, 12:38

Done for you. :)

warjager
x4

Post by warjager » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 19:48

Dunno where to put that but, i'll try here, since it's related with future patch. Is it possible to add a liiiiitle fix for the map in the next patch? It annoyed me since the realease, but it was minor so just kept it to myself. Now that the game is more refined, i taught now was the time to share it with you. Its just a simple fix for the map, that keep your display the way it was when you closed it. Example: I like to keep my map free of clutter and closing every single panel, showing me only the map. I open tab i need, and when finished, i close them. But when i close my map screen, and reopen it later, every tab is still open and i must close them again. I could open and close my map often, so this is really anoying, and ask you guy if it possible to make this simple fix in the 4.0. I would also love a copy/paste and color of my fleet name... but thats another story :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”