New Feature and Quality of Life suggestions for Devs

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Which of these features would you like to see added to X4?

Allow behavior changes of multiple ships at the same time rather than having to go to each individual ship to set it's default behavior.
12%
Allow setting the default turret behavior of multiple ships all at the same time rather than going to each individual ship and setting the default turret behavior
5%
Allow Copy and Paste of text to speed up renaming so you don't have to type everything all over again
8%
Allow multiple renaming of ships either through a UI update (select multiple ships, right click and select rename to change the name of all those ships to the inputted text) or other means
2%
All the Above
73%

Total votes: 93

hebrux

New Feature and Quality of Life suggestions for Devs

Post by hebrux » Tue, 27. Oct 20, 18:59

Hi I love x4 and have hundreds of hours in the game. I have some quality of life suggestions for the @developers that I believe other members of the X4 community would agree with. Thank you very much and we would be extremely grateful if these small features are implemented.

List of Features I'm asking for on behalf of the community:
1. Allow behavior changes of multiple ships at the same time rather than having to go to each individual ship to set it's default behavior.
2. Allow setting the default turret behavior of multiple ships all at the same time rather than going to each individual ship and setting the default turret behavior
3. Allow Copy and Paste of text to speed up renaming so you don't have to type everything all over again
4. Allow multiple renaming of ships either through a UI update (select multiple ships, right click and select rename to change the name of all those ships to the inputted text) or other means

Falcrack
x4

Re: New Feature and Quality of Life suggestions for Devs

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 27. Oct 20, 22:11

yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

KaijuAKD

Post by KaijuAKD » Wed, 28. Oct 20, 02:35

About the name of the ship, you have the option of having the name of the custom pre-set added to the name when you buy it.

The others, YES. Specially the one for turret behavior Maybe not a default for every turret of the same kind, but the possibility to chose the setting when you buy them. That way of you complete a buy/build order of 20 M ships you only have to set the behavior once

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Wed, 28. Oct 20, 19:54

A big, and hopefully rather easy, QOL improvement for me would be to report the ship id rather than the captain's name when stuff happens. I can see the ship id in the map all the time, I don't have my captains on speed dial.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 28. Oct 20, 20:16

@ Lord Crc: You would think that would not be so difficult to achieve given that the player log's ship incident entries are by ship ID and not by captain name.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 28. Oct 20, 21:56

YESSssSss!!

And hope all this will come with 4.0!

Add this too!!! :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=430854
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

hebrux

Post by hebrux » Fri, 30. Oct 20, 05:51

Thank you guys! Honestly didn't expect this kind of engagement! Please continue to make your voices heard so the developers will know how much we love their game and in what ways we would love to see it improved!

facc00
x4

Post by facc00 » Fri, 30. Oct 20, 07:11

Make capitals great again, as well as defensive stations to do there job. Enemy fleet flys by the station platform of death. Crew of station playing golf. Empire dies due to enemy fleet.

hebrux

Post by hebrux » Fri, 30. Oct 20, 07:19

facc00 wrote:
Fri, 30. Oct 20, 07:11
Make capitals great again, as well as defensive stations to do there job. Enemy fleet flys by the station platform of death. Crew of station playing golf. Empire dies due to enemy fleet.
yeah this is a known one. I usually station small ships to defence the stations as a subordinate. Usuualy if the subordinate is under attack, the station attacks.

Hijack_Hornet

Post by Hijack_Hornet » Mon, 11. Jan 21, 18:15

I swear the non ability to change multiple ships behavior at one time is the reason i'm not playing the game anymore and that i'd not recommand it. Everything is so tedious interface wise. Renaming, assigning orders... Even something as simple as making a fleet had me to search on google for how to do it. And that come's from someone that has played Eve online

Marco Nero
x3

Post by Marco Nero » Mon, 11. Jan 21, 18:39

100% correct.

Theese are really nice life-saving features i wish to see soon as possible

hebrux

Post by hebrux » Mon, 15. Feb 21, 16:38

Hijack_Hornet wrote:
Mon, 11. Jan 21, 18:15
I swear the non ability to change multiple ships behavior at one time is the reason i'm not playing the game anymore and that i'd not recommand it. Everything is so tedious interface wise. Renaming, assigning orders... Even something as simple as making a fleet had me to search on google for how to do it. And that come's from someone that has played Eve online
This is a huge deal! So much time would be saved by this!

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 13:32

hebrux wrote:
Mon, 15. Feb 21, 16:38
Hijack_Hornet wrote:
Mon, 11. Jan 21, 18:15
This is a huge deal! So much time would be saved by this!
This plus the Mimic command doesn't work with repeat orders and needs to so badly. I don't want to have to recreate hundreds of trade routes and have them all either clogging up my fleet screen or unassigned screen.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 13:45

The mimic command does not work with *any* orders. Mimic is for default behaviours.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 13:54

They need to make orders dynamic so they can change orders on the fly to react to their situation.

Why would a ship fly slowly to dock at it's commander whilst being shot by multiple enemies without reacting. Right now it seems they have to finish one task before beginning another.

Annoying seeing half your fleet fly back to it's commander flying past enemies/friendlies just to regroup and be sent out again when they should only return home once the threat is dealt with.

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 17:28

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 16. Feb 21, 13:45
The mimic command does not work with *any* orders. Mimic is for default behaviours.
What they built and what we need are two different things. Until autotrading stop using 1% of a ships cargo hold we need more control of the traders. Unfortunately it's a nightmare.
Allow us to setup repeat order fleets so we don't have to manual setup repeat orders for hundreds of ship trying to create supply routes. They also clog up our unassigned ship list.

hebrux

Post by hebrux » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 22:53

taztaz502 wrote:
Tue, 16. Feb 21, 13:54
They need to make orders dynamic so they can change orders on the fly to react to their situation.

Why would a ship fly slowly to dock at it's commander whilst being shot by multiple enemies without reacting. Right now it seems they have to finish one task before beginning another.

Annoying seeing half your fleet fly back to it's commander flying past enemies/friendlies just to regroup and be sent out again when they should only return home once the threat is dealt with.
This is true

Hijack_Hornet

Post by Hijack_Hornet » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 18:08

Over a year and an half i got the game and waited for this and still nothing. At that point its just a joke... :evil:

Hijack_Hornet

Post by Hijack_Hornet » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 17:50

Well for thoose like me who could not stand affecting default order by hand one by one, i made a mod that allow copying orders from one ship to another.

Available on Steam and Nexusmod

hebrux

Post by hebrux » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 14:59

Hijack_Hornet wrote:
Thu, 8. Jul 21, 17:50
Well for thoose like me who could not stand affecting default order by hand one by one, i made a mod that allow copying orders from one ship to another.

Available on Steam and Nexusmod
Dude I absolutely LOVE YOUR MOD!!!!
I can't play the game without it now! Love it! Thank you!

Return to “X4: Foundations”