Unknown ships in construction queue?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KopiG
x4

Unknown ships in construction queue?

Post by KopiG » Sun, 30. Aug 20, 16:53

So are those bad? Do they take up my production slot? What are those? Should I cancel them? They never ever progress.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Unknown ships in construction queue?

Post by euclid » Sun, 30. Aug 20, 17:03

Hi KopiG,

Most likely it is "unknown" because you have not yet encountered any of that type and hence did not get an encyclopedia entry. Concerning the construction progress it's usually a shortage of resources.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 30. Aug 20, 17:12

euclid wrote:
Sun, 30. Aug 20, 17:03
Hi KopiG,

Most likely it is "unknown" because you have not yet encountered any of that type and hence did not get an encyclopedia entry. Concerning the construction progress it's usually a shortage of resources.

Cheers Euclid
Nope - I have all ships discovered and all blueprints in universe but I constantly got unknown ships in my shipyards and wharfs.

I have ablslutely no idea why these ships are marked "unknown".

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Sun, 30. Aug 20, 17:17

euclid wrote:
Hi KopiG,

Cheers Euclid
Nope. Im insanely stocked at my megashipyard. I have discovered ALL ships.
mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 30. Aug 20, 17:12
euclid wrote:
Hi KopiG,

Cheers Euclid
Nope - I have all ships discovered and all blueprints in universe but I constantly got unknown ships in my shipyards and wharfs.

I have ablslutely no idea why these ships are marked "unknown".
Yes so its probably a bug and should be reported.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 30. Aug 20, 18:35

It has been.

However, their problem ceased when they obtained all the blueprints.

Of course 'unknown' could also mean 'unallocated' in the sense that say as an example ship types/loadouts X and Y are in the queue but need different resourcing, while the station doesn't know in which order their construction will become fully-resourced and commence as yet. So it could be X then Y, or Y then X.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Sun, 30. Aug 20, 23:58

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 30. Aug 20, 18:35
It has been.

However, their problem ceased when they obtained all the blueprints.

Of course 'unknown' could also mean 'unallocated' in the sense that say as an example ship types/loadouts X and Y are in the queue but need different resourcing, while the station doesn't know in which order their construction will become fully-resourced and commence as yet. So it could be X then Y, or Y then X.
Ahhh thank you! Damn its a bad bug then if it holds up my queue according to that bug report. I only have a few ship blueprints bought so far. So I guess I just need to wait for a fix.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 01:46

KopiG wrote:
Sun, 30. Aug 20, 16:53
So are those bad? Do they take up my production slot? What are those? Should I cancel them? They never ever progress.
There is no need to worry. About 70~80% of the ships my shipyard constructs for the AI show up as "unknown ship" in the construction queue, but they'll be displayed with their normal name once the production finishes and they leave the construction dock.

Just treat it as "The workers lost the paperwork to look up what serial number this ship is supposed to have, but they'll figure it out once the customer comes to get their new ship". :D

Also, as far as I know the AI NEVER starts ordering/constructing a ship at your shipyards/wharfs if you don't have all the neccessary blueprints, so don't worry about production getting stuck because of missing blueprints.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 01:57

KopiG wrote:
Sun, 30. Aug 20, 23:58
Ahhh thank you! Damn its a bad bug then if it holds up my queue according to that bug report.
Yep in my experience the game will cue up Unknown ships one by one until it fills the cue and then nothing else gets produced.

imho it shouldn't happen, the game should not be ordering ships on behalf of other factions unless you have the blueprints for them.
I only have a few ship blueprints bought so far. So I guess I just need to wait for a fix.
Fingers crossed they will fix it, next time I start a new game (probably after Cradle of Humanity releases), I seriously dont want to have to go and buy every blueprint in the game again just to prevent blocked order cues.

Meanwhile all you can do besides getting every blueprint, is right click the unknown ship and cancel the order .. But beware when you have to annoyingly do a load of them (sometimes cancelled orders for unknown ships get immediately replaced with even more unknown orders) you will try to start doing it quicker, and then along comes an order you want immediately after you right click and your left mouse click to select then falls on the shuffle of the list to cancel the wrong one which has become a ship you want to produce. Fun, not.

I got so pee'd off with it I just went and bought everything, cost about 4 days real time building up about six times 4 billion (for each Faction reps' whole list .. well minus the ones already bought which are generic with all reps).

Maybe its coincidental that buying all blueprints made the problem go away? .. idk.

Trouble is if you want to complete the games missions, and maybe are under threat of the Xenon blocking your access to the source of a few of the split ships (and the monumental wait for them to get resources to complete the builds due to trade routes being cut off) <This was the situation which was threatening my progress>, then you are better off getting everything so you can roll your own fleets. I still haven't got to finishing the missions yet, now that I have the wharfs and shipyards the Xenon started getting stronger again so now I am still endeavoring to put the Xenon back in their box :)

Anyway a bit off topic, but the above will be relevant for people out there going through similar circumstances, for others it may not even become a concern depending on how the game randomly progresses.

The devs have my save file in the other topic though so hopefully will be looking into it at some point.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 17:55

I noticed the same thing at my Mega Shipyard. I have every blueprint and fully stocked resources and my shipyard is set to only allow my own property to order ships but there was a string of "unknown" ships in the queue anyway. I think the orders went in during the few minutes it took me to set the shipyard trade rules then just sat there in the queue. I canceled them all and they did not reoccur that I have noticed.

Marcus89uk
x4

Post by Marcus89uk » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 17:40

It's still doing it

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 17:54

I always thought they were SCA ships in construction. :roll:
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Normandy v3
x3tc

Post by Normandy v3 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 08:19

Marcus89uk wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 17:40
It's still doing it
Just finished my first ever wharf yesterday and noticed this too. At first i thought it was a missing blueprint issue as my wharf wasn't building anything at all even after i supplied it with all the necessary materials. Afterwards i noticed i had no build drones. Once i got those the unknown ships changed and proved to be teladi fighters which then also started building and selling.

It does however keep showing me unknown ships in the queue until i get everything stocked up again, then they just start building without any issues.

Return to “X4: Foundations”