X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 14:39

spankahontis wrote:
Thu, 8. Oct 20, 13:39

Beryll are a faction of the Yaki, their attempts to go legit(ish) and I believe, if my memory serves me correctly?
Beryll managed to set up a research facility in the Kuiper Belt/Oort Cloud? and that's how they managed to manufacture so many Xenon/Terraformer ships and catch the ATF/Terrans completely unaware.
The Beryl base/research facility was on Albion I at the far left

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 15:21

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 8. Oct 20, 14:39
spankahontis wrote:
Thu, 8. Oct 20, 13:39

Beryll are a faction of the Yaki, their attempts to go legit(ish) and I believe, if my memory serves me correctly?
Beryll managed to set up a research facility in the Kuiper Belt/Oort Cloud? and that's how they managed to manufacture so many Xenon/Terraformer ships and catch the ATF/Terrans completely unaware.
The Beryl base/research facility was on Albion I at the far left
I think they are referring to the one mentioned in the books where Beryll had a small "base" in Oortcloud. From here they send out the drones to attack earth while Saya blew up the Torus.

MFG

Ketraar

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 15:41

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 8. Oct 20, 15:21

I think they are referring to the one mentioned in the books where Beryll had a small "base" in Oortcloud. From here they send out the drones to attack earth while Saya blew up the Torus.

MFG

Ketraar

Yes! That's the one.

So it looks like Beryll may still have a presence in the far reaches of Sol. The ATF being so busy, cleaning up Beryll's Terraformer Fleet that they've managed to hide in the Oortcloud and continue it's operations as a criminal organisation? Where as the Beryll in Albion have been accepted into the community working alongside Plutarch.
So interesting how these 2 wings of the Beryll umbrella will react if we ever see Albion connect to the X4 Universe again?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 4.0 Beta 2 HF1 + Split Vendetta dlc
--------------------------------
Stations are Ghost Towns :o

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 16:29

spankahontis wrote:
Thu, 8. Oct 20, 15:41
So it looks like Beryll may still have a presence in the far reaches of Sol. The ATF being so busy, cleaning up Beryll's Terraformer Fleet that they've managed to hide in the Oortcloud and continue it's operations as a criminal organisation?
This coud actually make sense both lore wise and gameplay wise - I wouldn't be suprised for some leftover pockets pushed and hunted down at the edge of Sol and become pirates.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 19:51

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 8. Oct 20, 16:29
spankahontis wrote:
Thu, 8. Oct 20, 15:41
So it looks like Beryll may still have a presence in the far reaches of Sol. The ATF being so busy, cleaning up Beryll's Terraformer Fleet that they've managed to hide in the Oortcloud and continue it's operations as a criminal organisation?
This coud actually make sense both lore wise and gameplay wise - I wouldn't be suprised for some leftover pockets pushed and hunted down at the edge of Sol and become pirates.
Why it's interesting to see the differences with Sol's Beryll and Albions Beyrll?
Sol's Beryll will be more Yaki in it's need for personal survival against a battered and bruised ATF, but still dangerous.
Yaki will be hard to find, but they managed to survive the Paranid, Argon, Boron forces, so it'll be an interesting story chain, maybe even a Yaki Game start with it's own missions like the Split Fires of Defeat playthrough where you have to regain your honour?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 4.0 Beta 2 HF1 + Split Vendetta dlc
--------------------------------
Stations are Ghost Towns :o

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 04:20

I like the ship designs. Seems to be anything in their design. You simply can't beat such great design. ”Terran evil faction" or Beryll?

But for the love of god, if you are going to include ATF in the expansion, don't change anything in their design. You simply can't beat such great design.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 10:25

Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 9. Oct 20, 04:20
But for the love of god, if you are going to include ATF in the expansion, don't change anything in their design. You simply can't beat such great design.

Egosoft indirectly confirmed there will be 2 completely new Terran faction and ginev the trailer footage, one of them use USC design, but apart from "asymetrical wing" fighter there is nothing that remotely looks like ATF.

aurumgallente
x4

Post by aurumgallente » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 11:45

I don't know if Egosoft pays attention to players preferences but I have a small request to developers. Please don't do thin flying sticks, I don't like revealed pirate ship. I can't imagine how something or someone except hunched over pilot could fit into that ship when it suppose to have a few crew members, internal storage for ammo, oxygen, cargohold and many internal space ship details. It should be believable a ship is a machine designed for heavy duty and it could operate autonomously at least for a couple of days. Osprey is a good example of it. And if we talk about S size it's Courier.

I'm sure designers are able to create elegant ships without making them fragile colored paper boxes.
X4 mods:
X2 Ship Pack

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 13:07

CAn we get a bit more teaser pics of ships and maybe some terran stationmodules? I want to daydream and drool!

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 15:22

aurumgallente wrote:
Fri, 9. Oct 20, 11:45
I don't know if Egosoft pays attention to players preferences but I have a small request to developers. Please don't do thin flying sticks, I don't like revealed pirate ship. I can't imagine how something or someone except hunched over pilot could fit into that ship when it suppose to have a few crew members, internal storage for ammo, oxygen, cargohold and many internal space ship details. It should be believable a ship is a machine designed for heavy duty and it could operate autonomously at least for a couple of days. Osprey is a good example of it. And if we talk about S size it's Courier.

I'm sure designers are able to create elegant ships without making them fragile colored paper boxes.
Makes sense what you say, but I would have to argue with it both on an aesthetic point of view and lore of the game as compression technology has been a part of X Universe from the beginning, explained fully in XBTF, until X2.

Besides that, since this is a game, I'd prefer "cool" designs over hideous boxes. Last but not least, an S Fighter must also be capable of atmospheric flight, so wings are a must to provide lift

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 15:27

dholmstr wrote:
Fri, 9. Oct 20, 13:07
CAn we get a bit more teaser pics of ships and maybe some terran stationmodules? I want to daydream and drool!
I'd suggest you go back to X3 TC or AP and take strolls in the Terran sectors. What's been on the teaser in terms of stations is just the "models" from these games. I seriously doubt that them being modular will result in the same design, unless the rule of 20x20x20 is broken and just allow for a total of max 8000 cubic whatevers with no dimentional restrictions.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 15:55

Just cos there modular designs in x4 cos of parts doesnt mean x4 devs cant just make a design that doesnt visually need module switching and can be hidden inside the geometry with a poly or vert and assign modules to that placement but no mesh etc that way some ships can have a more non modular looking design but use modules still the same just not visably used.

I mean if ego wanted to that is.
i5 3570k cpu 16gb DDR3 1600mhz vega 56 8gb 32" 1440p mon

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 19:56

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Fri, 9. Oct 20, 15:48
They are modular, of course.
I was pretty sure of this, if for no other reason so that the players can build them. What I meant in my post was that to make stations like the ones seen in the "teaser" the 20 Km limit will have to be exceeded (on one side), if the proportions are kept. Unless Egosoft decided that they should not have these enormous dimentions compared to the "Commonwealth" ones as they do in X3 TC/AP (hideous IMHO and traffic disrupting), which will eventually make the players that love Terrans (I could certainly live without them) a bit disappointed since they love to go big (apparently).

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 19:58

Skeeter wrote:
Fri, 9. Oct 20, 15:55
Just cos there modular designs in x4 cos of parts doesnt mean x4 devs cant just make a design that doesnt visually need module switching and can be hidden inside the geometry with a poly or vert and assign modules to that placement but no mesh etc that way some ships can have a more non modular looking design but use modules still the same just not visably used.

I mean if ego wanted to that is.
The ships are fine with me, it's the stations that bother me

Return to “X4: Foundations”