X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* Fresh from the shipyard: unveiling a new battleship

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 15:19

Its a Neutral Terran system ship with UON on it - so it belongs to the University of Nottingham. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 15:49

Gregory wrote:
Wed, 7. Oct 20, 14:38
New release window for X4: Cradle of Humanity // First look at a new ship

A new ship - but whose is it?
To keep you excited for X4: Cradle of Humanity in spite of the postponement, we have decided to show you one of the new ships that will find its way into the game through the expansion.

>> Screenshot 1 <<
>> Screenshot 2 <<
It looks like a Paranid pirate ship. This fighter probably belongs to the Duke's Buccaneers.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 16:23

Not really a fan of the ship if it's for the Terrans. It doesn't seem like a sleek Terran design.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 16:28

I resolved a while ago to take a break from all computer games until the launch of the 2nd DLC. I guess that means I won't be playing stuff until Q1 2021! Which is okay, I've pretty much grown bored of every other game at this point. Even X4, I've dredged out all the satisfaction the game can afford me until I get to see new game content, and especially improved game mechanics.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 17:02

:( :( Longer wait.

And its Xenon tech mixed with the paranid pegasus, its going to be Yaki? (as they used paranid models in x3), maybe some kind of plot involving them using xenon tech which the terrans obviously wont like.

Edit: Actually, its possible we are all wrong about it being Yaki. Could it be the Beryll, as they dealt with Xenon stuff illegally I think. Cant really remember much lore.
Edit2: Looking it up and remembering, the Beryll ARE the Yaki right? I cant remember!
Last edited by Axeface on Wed, 7. Oct 20, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 17:34

Gregory wrote:
>> Screenshot 1 <<
>> Screenshot 2 <<
Yaay, new pirate ship!
I hope for more kitbashing for more pirate designs.

rene6740
x4

Post by rene6740 » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 17:37

Well guess it’s Egosoft fault if ppl gonna be disappointed because of the delay as they advertised the 2020 release only in the written announcement and not in the trailer. Can’t imaging that you did not already knew that you have to delay 6 weeks ago...

Kinda expected, hopefully you use the time and do not release the dlc in the same state Split Vendetta was released.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 17:42

I like the design.

And I was expecting a delay. The more time they put into it the better for the game.
As long as we get a relatively stable beta 4.0b before Christmas I am fine :).
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 20:09

Axeface wrote:
Wed, 7. Oct 20, 17:02

And its Xenon tech mixed with the paranid pegasus, its going to be Yaki? (as they used paranid models in x3), maybe some kind of plot involving them using xenon tech which the terrans obviously wont like.

Edit: Actually, its possible we are all wrong about it being Yaki. Could it be the Beryll, as they dealt with Xenon stuff illegally I think. Cant really remember much lore.
Edit2: Looking it up and remembering, the Beryll ARE the Yaki right? I cant remember!
Yes, the Berryl were the "civilised" face of the Yaki in X3 AP, where the player have to hand them an L(!!!) and they give him back 4 Xenon (almost) M3's they made out of their research. Also this Xenon research is mentioned in X Rebirth. There is a Dialog/game that has to do with them.

EDIT: I have an order on standby for an 124 inch monitor(!!!) so that I will be able to see a Terran Station (if the ratio in size between Terran and "Commonwealth" is kept as in X3 AP/TC) :lol: :lol: :lol:

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 20:52

Thank god! This coming out around Cyberpunk 2077 would have been unfortunate.
That ship looks like a reskinned Paranid Pegasus.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 21:15

Gregory wrote:
>> Screenshot 1 <<
>> Screenshot 2 <<
An Aldrin terraformer ship maybe?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 21:15

Gregory wrote:
[...] but you may already have an idea who this ship might belong to?
Me. That ship belongs to me. The universe just doesn't know it yet. :D

Looks awesome. Thank you for the update.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 22:42

SunofVich wrote:
Wed, 7. Oct 20, 20:52
That ship looks like a reskinned Paranid Pegasus.
Not just reskinned it's more like Pegasus with Xenon parts.

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 13:28

The ships seems to be a Pirate design so I would tell that it belongs to Yaki. especially because they used to redesign the Paranid's M5 Pegasus in Susanowa.
But I doubt a little due to the design seems to contains Xenon components. Beryll is a good find from Axeface I think, as they used to make researchs on Xenons, but I didn't know that they was a shop front of Yakis.

In all case, this ship seems to have four hardpoints, and if it has the same speed as the Pegasus, which is the fastest ship in X4, it could become the must have player ship, perfect for exploration and dogfights.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 13:39

Axeface wrote:
Wed, 7. Oct 20, 17:02

Yes, you're right.

Beryll are a faction of the Yaki, their attempts to go legit(ish) and I believe, if my memory serves me correctly?
Beryll managed to set up a research facility in the Kuiper Belt/Oort Cloud? and that's how they managed to manufacture so many Xenon/Terraformer ships and catch the ATF/Terrans completely unaware.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 4.0 Beta 2 HF1 + Split Vendetta dlc
--------------------------------
Stations are Ghost Towns :o
Shield/Hull/Weapons Indicators Vanish Nvidia Driver Problem. :evil:

Return to “X4: Foundations”