X4: Cradle of Humanity (Release Date March 16, 2021, 6pm CET; Livestream at 5pm CET)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Artean
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by Artean » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 16:50

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 11. Nov 20, 16:24
That said, she looks good to kill. 8)
Exactly. Flying Terrans ships is completely out of the question and should be considered blasphemy.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

dtpsprt
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 18:01

Alm888 wrote:
Wed, 11. Nov 20, 16:44
The sole M-class fighter in the whole of "X: Rebirth" (along with its cheap knockoff "Daito").
Can we pleeeeeease leave X Rebirth out of it? If you want to see what this "sabre" was capable of, please run a real X game with it (X3 TC or AP), what was put in Rebirth for it was a joke....

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 18:05

Artean wrote:
Wed, 11. Nov 20, 16:50
Exactly. Flying Terrans ships is completely out of the question and should be considered blasphemy.
Actually, the whole Terran business seems like blasphemy to me, even from X3 TC (the way they were implemented, the size of their stations). Why Egosoft goes with them is beyond my comprehension, except to "fill" a racist, xenophobic demand... I have news for them. Donald (the Tramp) is out!!!

EDIT: Misspelling of the surname intentional to state his state of mind (being saying that since his previous election campaign).

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 18:15

It's awesome the terrans will be back. For those who dislike the race itself - this will also bring the Sol system into the game. Flying amongst our stars again will be awesome :)

IMHO :oops:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 18:21

Gregory wrote:
Wed, 11. Nov 20, 12:49
A new look for an old classic
Looks very cool, I already want to order several hundred at the shipyard :!:

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 19:39

chew-ie wrote:
Wed, 11. Nov 20, 18:15
It's awesome the terrans will be back. For those who dislike the race itself - this will also bring the Sol system into the game. Flying amongst our stars again will be awesome :)

IMHO :oops:
They are an integral party of the X universe, so I sure welcome their arrival. But they should not expect any alliances from me, quite the opposite. :twisted:
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 23:19

Anyone else find the background curious? Patches of stars and big voids between them.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 23:47

MegaJohnny wrote:
Wed, 11. Nov 20, 23:19
Anyone else find the background curious? Patches of stars and big voids between them.
The "art of Photoshop" at it's (not so) best...

Now, truth be told, Sol is in the a** end of nowhere backwater, a fringe border system in the Milky Way so, yeah, there are patches of black (intergalactic space) between the stars...

P.S. Far gone are the days when Earth was thought the centre of the Universe... they were put in storage about the same time with human "superiority" (Evolution Theory dropped it to the waste basket) where they both belong IMHO. Don't get me wrong... I do believe in the existence of God but it wouldn't surprise me the least if she turned out to be a Split like female (after v3.0 version)...

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 21:32

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 11. Nov 20, 18:05
Artean wrote:
Wed, 11. Nov 20, 16:50
Actually, the whole Terran business seems like blasphemy to me, even from X3 TC (the way they were implemented, the size of their stations). Why Egosoft goes with them is beyond my comprehension, except to "fill" a racist, xenophobic demand... I have news for them. Donald (the Tramp) is out!!!

EDIT: Misspelling of the surname intentional to state his state of mind (being saying that since his previous election campaign).
WTF is wrong you you? this is not a political forum, and politics should always be out of a gaming forum, take a damn pill and relax
X gamer , one at a time.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 11:33

Personally I am not a fan of how the modules clash with the sleek lines the Katana is supposed to have. I hope there will be new Terran modules that fit their ships better.

RedEyedRaven
x4

Post by RedEyedRaven » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 13:21

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 11. Nov 20, 18:05
Why Egosoft goes with them is beyond my comprehension, except to "fill" a racist, xenophobic demand...
Egosoft goes with the terrans because the first protagonists of the X-series were terran (Kyle from XbtF and X-Tension) and half-terran (Julian from X2/X3R). To essentially "end" that story-thread, they had Kyle find his way home.

Look at it this way. The terrans after the destruction of the warp-gate are essentially a culture entirely based on post-9/11-esque fearmongering dialed up to eleven. And that kind of trauma-induced fear isn't exactly easy to heal, and as something irrational, is hard to judge from the outside.

Almost a millenium of constant whispers of a threat nobody alive even remembers anymore plus outlawing any research on that matter. A perfect growbed for an entire solar-system full of grown-up teenagers that want to hide in their room for all eternity and can only answer a knock on the door by barricading it.
2023: X4: Seafood-restaurant 'Split' opens in ZYA-space. Reservations limited, get yours today!

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 12:58

Fresh from the shipyard: unveiling a new battleship

To celebrate today's second anniversary of X4: Foundations, we’re drawing back the curtain on a brand-new XL sized battleship that will be deployed for the first time in X4: Cradle of Humanity.

Screenshots: 1 -- 2 -- 3

This beast of sheer firepower is one of the most heavily armed ships to be found so far in the X4 universe. Its ability to take on large targets is second to none. However, can it be undermined by a fleet of small ships?

Find out in the first quarter of 2021 when X4: Cradle of Humanity, the second expansion for X4: Foundations, will be released.

Whilst the name for this majestic piece of technology is being kept firmly under-wraps for now, take a guess at what we have christened this new battleship!

X4: Cradle of Humanity - The next chapter of X4 awaits you in the new year!
As announced at the beginning of October, the final release of the 4.00 update and the new X4: Cradle of Humanity expansion, has been postponed to the first quarter of 2021.

X4: Cradle of Humanity is the second expansion for X4: Foundations and will bring the X series back to Earth. It significantly expands the game universe with new sectors and welcomes two Terran factions along with their economy, ships, weapons and stations. New game-starts bring players closer to the identity and political stance of the Terran factions and offer alternative perspectives on events in the history of X4: Foundations.

You can already add X4: Cradle of Humanity to your wish lists on Steam and GOG. Owners of the X4: Foundations Collector's Edition will automatically find the second expansion in their game library when it is released.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

xant
x4

Post by xant » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 13:11

Gregory wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 12:58

To celebrate today's second anniversary of X4: Foundations, we’re drawing back the curtain on a brand-new XL sized battleship that will be deployed for the first time in X4: Cradle of Humanity.

This beast of sheer firepower is one of the most heavily armed ships to be found so far in the X4 universe. Its ability to take on large targets is second to none. However, can it be undermined by a fleet of small ships?

Find out in the first quarter of 2021 when X4: Cradle of Humanity, the second expansion for X4: Foundations, will be released.

Whilst the name for this majestic piece of technology is being kept firmly under-wraps for now, take a guess at what we have christened this new battleship!

X4: Cradle of Humanity - The next chapter of X4 awaits you in the new year!
As announced at the beginning of October, the final release of the 4.00 update and the new X4: Cradle of Humanity expansion, has been postponed to the first quarter of 2021.

X4: Cradle of Humanity is the second expansion for X4: Foundations and will bring the X series back to Earth. It significantly expands the game universe with new sectors and welcomes two Terran factions along with their economy, ships, weapons and stations. New game-starts bring players closer to the identity and political stance of the Terran factions and offer alternative perspectives on events in the history of X4: Foundations.

You can already add X4: Cradle of Humanity to your wish lists on Steam and GOG. Owners of the X4: Foundations Collector's Edition will automatically find the second expansion in their game library when it is released.
Looks like a mix between ATF and USC, so going forward from the old ATF big boss ship Valhalla I'd say either the other realms: Bifröst, Fólkvangr, Himinbjörg, Bilskírnir or the whole thing: Asgard!

But damn, I can't say how much I look forward to flying this beauty myself!

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* Fresh from the shipyard: unveiling a new battleship

Post by Tamina » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 13:12

*faint*

This is too much for me.
Dmytro and Jonathan., amazing work! It is a beautiful.

Can't wait.
Last edited by Tamina on Mon, 30. Nov 20, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

sh1pman
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* Fresh from the shipyard: unveiling a new battleship

Post by sh1pman » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 13:14

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 10:06
*Update November 30th, 2020*

Kyoto?

xant
x4

Post by xant » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 13:20

Oh, and I'd like to add that we are finally getting our hands on a battleship! A real, actual battleship! That alone is priceless, as it opens up possibilities and options for the other factions in the future.

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 13:29

that railgun looking thing along the spine looks a bit worrying, lol

amazing work, really loving the white hull/armorplating.

:edit:

as for the name guessing game;

ATF : Loki
Terran: Nagoya
Last edited by Tempest on Mon, 30. Nov 20, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 13:30

Really love the look of the ship. It seems we also get unique terran turrets :roll:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 13:35

O......M.....G :o
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 13:45

That shipbuilding has a lot of love and dedication... and of course, congratulations on the 2nd anniversary.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Return to “X4: Foundations”