Supply ship , Carrier and Ressuply priority

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

debstar2610
x4

Supply ship , Carrier and Ressuply priority

Post by debstar2610 » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 18:26

Hi

Is there a way to tell ship to get ressyply only on Ressuply Ship ?

Actually I have a fleet with carrier and a fleet with ressuply Ship.
The bombers seem to ressuply to the nearest ship : in my cas, it was the carrier because I parked the ressuply Ship a bit far from the battle zone.

The problem is that, if the carrier does not have enough wares, the bombers are stuck until I manually bring wares to the carrier. - I have set a couple of Cargo Ship to do this.

But i would like to know if I can force all ships to ressuply to the Ressuply Ship first, before the carrier.
Or is it possible to deactivate Missile ressuply for the carrier ? and let it handle only Repairs ?

Thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Supply ship , Carrier and Ressuply priority

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 19:54

See if the X4 Wiki helps (there is a section on resupplying resupply ships) and maybe some associated advice from a dev ("Ships directly subordinate to a carrier that can dock at it will prefer the carrier.").
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 10:57

I've checked the wiki, but does resupplying the resupply ship with a small trader attached to it work? I mean I want my 2 small trader under the command of my Nomad to do the trading for it while it sits there repairing the fleet.

debstar2610
x4

Post by debstar2610 » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 12:44

Thanks I ve checked the wiki and found some useful infos.

Actually my bombers are subordinate of the Aux resupply ship but they still get ammunition to the nearest carrier.

Si I have to recall them in order to force rearm to the Aux ressuply ship.

Traders attached to the aux resupply ship are working if there are wares available within (pilot skill ) systems.
But not good idea if you go on fight..
I constantly loose them because I forget to send them away during battle
So I prefer to manually ressuply the ship with multiple teladi Cargi ship per ware, in defense rôle and always docked to the ship

Return to “X4: Foundations”