What is X4: Foundations? (Video Series)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: What is X4: Foundations? (Video Series)

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 20:15

Thanks for that rather late and no doubt well-considered contribution about the video series. I don't think we need further debate on that specific expression of opinion in this thread though thanks. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 20:13

Better late then never.
Egosoft does appear to value our opinions seeing threads and emails about your surveys .

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 12. Apr 22, 15:51

We going to have a Tutorial Video about the new Scrap Dealing Feature and how to use Tugboats and larger ships and their behaviours?
Great work as always!
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Thu, 5. May 22, 21:50

spankahontis wrote:
Tue, 12. Apr 22, 15:51
We going to have a Tutorial Video about the new Scrap Dealing Feature and how to use Tugboats and larger ships and their behaviours?
Great work as always!
I feel like this will be offloaded to streamers, or at least not a priority.
I believe some of the latest trailers were fan made, there were also streamers showing the latest DLC before it went out.
The Egosoft podcast has been silent for a while as well.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 6. May 22, 19:40

gorman2040 wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 21:50
spankahontis wrote:
Tue, 12. Apr 22, 15:51
Great work as always!
I feel like this will be offloaded to streamers, or at least not a priority.
I believe some of the latest trailers were fan made, there were also streamers showing the latest DLC before it went out.
The Egosoft podcast has been silent for a while as well.
I can only hope that they don't do that.
Difficult enough trying to figure out how to extract Protectyon from Beholder and transfer it from Leap of Faith to Avarice sell it without needing to do it manually.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

tijcker
x4

Post by tijcker » Sat, 27. Aug 22, 11:19

In my game i have a problem where my build storage has over stocked by hundreds of thousands of hull parts and claytronics, i have to line up 10 large traders and order them to move the stock induvially taking hours, i would like to be able to select them all and use all 10 freighters as one, or at least be able to use repeat order picking up stock from the build storage.

I am very glad that they have updated the videos inline with the new update and the new content

IvanT
x4

Post by IvanT » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 17:53

It's lovely to see the Boron return to the X universe. Having "grown up" with the X universe since that very first tech demo for X included with the original 3d video cards in the early 90's, to writing content for the series, it's a delight to see X4 continues to thrive. Looking forward to seeing where things go next.. :)
--
IvanT
Author/Scriptwriter

amuseender

Post by amuseender » Mon, 8. Jan 24, 19:07

A quick suggestion for enhancement: it would be great to introduce an option for players to reserve a trade offer for manual trading. Often, I find that I plan to sell or buy a specific quantity of ware at a station, but by the time I get there, the offer has disappeared or the pricing has changed. NPCs seem to adapt to these changes on the fly, but as players, we lack that flexibility.

The current scenario renders station trade offers somewhat impractical for manual traders, as they can undergo multiple alterations before we reach the station. A potential solution could involve implementing an offer reservation system for players. For instance, I could notify the station manager that I intend to sell 1,000 hull parts at 500Cr each. This reserved offer would then remain exclusive to my ship, staying active until I dock at the station and complete the transaction. Of course, players should have the option to cancel the reservation at any time if they wish to do so. This could significantly enhance the manual trading experience by providing a more reliable and player-friendly approach to dealing with station trade offers.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 9. Jan 24, 15:50

amuseender wrote:
Mon, 8. Jan 24, 19:07
A quick suggestion for enhancement: it would be great to introduce an option for players to reserve a trade offer for manual trading. Often, I find that I plan to sell or buy a specific quantity of ware at a station, but by the time I get there, the offer has disappeared or the pricing has changed. NPCs seem to adapt to these changes on the fly, but as players, we lack that flexibility.

The current scenario renders station trade offers somewhat impractical for manual traders, as they can undergo multiple alterations before we reach the station. A potential solution could involve implementing an offer reservation system for players. For instance, I could notify the station manager that I intend to sell 1,000 hull parts at 500Cr each. This reserved offer would then remain exclusive to my ship, staying active until I dock at the station and complete the transaction. Of course, players should have the option to cancel the reservation at any time if they wish to do so. This could significantly enhance the manual trading experience by providing a more reliable and player-friendly approach to dealing with station trade offers.
If you think the situation for manual trading is cumbersome and player unfriendly, you should try playing the first X game in the series (X BtF).

Return to “X4: Foundations”