Xenon Shipyard indestructible???

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ynesra_Voles
x4

Xenon Shipyard indestructible???

Post by Ynesra_Voles » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 10:08

Hello! Is Xenon shipyard in Matrix #9 indestructible?
It rebuilds it’s modules faster then I can target them... Without ANY resources!

Toombstone
x4

Re: Xenon Shipyard indestructible???

Post by Toombstone » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 10:16

They are most definetly destructible. You will need a descenrly setup force. Thise shipyards hold alot of fighters

Ynesra_Voles
x4

Post by Ynesra_Voles » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 12:54

I destroyed all modules with my piloted ship, but an build storage appeared and station started to rebuild itself without any resources delivered... And it does it so fast that as soon as I kill one module another one is getting to 1% and further. I’m confused! Can I destroy it completely?

Game is unmodded, 3.10, SV.

Toombstone
x4

Post by Toombstone » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 13:01

Yes but with not with 1 ship ... Xenons seem to have endless resources and they dont use ships to build or atleast i never seen one. i attacked a shipyard with 1 raptor 25 Destroyers and the full complement of fighters ... that thing had 10 waves of fighters launching at me ... i dont know the exact count but im pretty sure over 200 ... lost 1 destroyer managed to kill it completely for the AI to start rebuilding it 15ish minutes later. But yes you can ... not with one ship tho ... you dont have the firepower to keep it dead if its module by module.

Ynesra_Voles
x4

Post by Ynesra_Voles » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 13:29

I see... Left a Raptor+fighters+Rettlesnake to chow on remains... Hope, they’ll have more luck OOS.

These “fighters” you tell me about must be defense drones - had plenty of fun “science experiments” with them and my friend/foe mines. :D

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 13:59

"Without resources"?

Did you make sure to destroy storage AND build storage wares first?

That's what I do as it causes the Xenon heavy losses since hundreds of thousands of units of wares just go poof and their warehouse pieces are VERY squishy.

Redwyrm

Post by Redwyrm » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 00:33

Shehriazad wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 13:59
"Without resources"?

Did you make sure to destroy storage AND build storage wares first?

That's what I do as it causes the Xenon heavy losses since hundreds of thousands of units of wares just go poof and their warehouse pieces are VERY squishy.
^
This.
Always destroy building storage first.
And while chewing through station hull, periodically check if Xenon restocked that storage. If does - destroy it again.

Redwyrm

Post by Redwyrm » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 00:35

Toombstone wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 13:01
Yes but with not with 1 ship ... Xenons seem to have endless resources and they dont use ships to build or atleast i never seen one. i attacked a shipyard with 1 raptor 25 Destroyers and the full complement of fighters ... that thing had 10 waves of fighters launching at me ... i dont know the exact count but im pretty sure over 200 ... lost 1 destroyer managed to kill it completely for the AI to start rebuilding it 15ish minutes later. But yes you can ... not with one ship tho ... you dont have the firepower to keep it dead if its module by module.
They don't have endless supplies.
But their production is super simple. They need only energy, ore and silicon for all their production. No parts construction. just plainly build everything from those 3 resources.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 01:26

Redwyrm wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 00:35
Toombstone wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 13:01
They don't have endless supplies.
But their production is super simple. They need only energy, ore and silicon for all their production. No parts construction. just plainly build everything from those 3 resources.
Map out all their energy cell factories in a pocket. Then hit all of those factories and the shipyards storage units. That forces them to get those energy cells from a different sector pocket and slows them down noticeably.

Ynesra_Voles
x4

Post by Ynesra_Voles » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 11:39

The problem that I was pointing on is that Xenon Shipyard was rebuilding rapidly W/O any resources delivered. Like no Xenon S in a 40 km proximity next to it.😕

IRaven
x4

Post by IRaven » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 14:03

Ynesra_Voles wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 11:39
The problem that I was pointing on is that Xenon Shipyard was rebuilding rapidly W/O any resources delivered. Like no Xenon S in a 40 km proximity next to it.😕
they can deliver building materials from the stations storage to the building storage with XS ships (Mass Traffic)
thats even somewhere written in the Game's Manual

Ynesra_Voles
x4

Post by Ynesra_Voles » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 18:06

IRaven wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 14:03
Ynesra_Voles wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 11:39
they can deliver building materials from the stations storage to the building storage with XS ships (Mass Traffic)
thats even somewhere written in the Game's Manual
But ALL station modules are already wrecked by the time it happens... :gruebel:

Is mass traffic finite? Can I shoot all of them down?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 18:07

Ynesra_Voles wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 18:06
They spawn infinitely as long as there are functional or in construction modules ime.

Ynesra_Voles
x4

Post by Ynesra_Voles » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 18:31

pref wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 18:07
Ynesra_Voles wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 18:06
They spawn infinitely as long as there are functional or in construction modules ime.
The game feels broken... Just like that story with invincible Kha’ak stations...

drJulien
x4

Post by drJulien » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 13:47

This is still relevant with my updated version and 2 expansions: so I wanted to share my findings, most of which are not found in the forum

-destroy their supplies at the construction storage and incoming supply ships before they dock
-If they still have supplies, after destroying a station component, they will create an invisible construction that is practically invincible.
-You can try to remember the turret and shield positions to destroy those invisible until shot at. Your ship's turrets and deployable lasers help.

new stuff:
-Looking at the station in the right info panel = 0% but it's not dead. Then look at the left panel, 1st section of local objects, for more details. More likely the station is still active with construction sites.
-I took note of the station ID and used notepad++ 64-bit to open my savegame: very time consuming to look at the <component type=station </component>
-You NEED a Pro-grade m2 disk to edit this. make sure your savegame is on your fastest disk. CPU is also helpful. Notepad++ will still get stuck for 10-30 seconds with the fastest SSD. Make your edits select-paste instead of typing with the keyboard because every key strike will cause the program to hang.
-If they can construct, they likely have internal storage and they can survive a long time on this. (I had been bombing the station for weeks and it ruined the game for me so I was ready to make progress)
- I edited their internal storage: Look for energycells and set their storage to 0 or monitor it to see if you are almost done with the station. It may still be possible to kill the station legit with a dozen bombers and carriers.
- I also edited all the status=construction to wreck in the station. It takes 20 minutes to go through the file but it was my only hope. Maybe just step 1 would be enough but like I said I was gonna stop playing the game because it got too stupid. I spent hours searching for hidden turrets, I laid out 69 tracking mines around the station 20 laser turrets.
- left the sector with my player, when I saw the Object Browser the station was constructing module (it takes 30 minutes). Sent my capital ships to bomb it and I didn't have to wait 30 minutes, they did their jobs while I was away.)

PS: If you are clearing a sector of Xenon, they will sneak a construction site in a location you're not monitoring, in the fog of war. You can spot the sectors by using "Manage Plot" and "Create Plot" in that sector, to spot the red enemy plots. Some plots may have a health bar that means they wanted to construct a station there but they never gave it enough ressources and it's about to self-destruct. These stations without modules will not count as Xenon presence at all.

Finally got that
Spoiler
Show
achievement

Return to “X4: Foundations”