3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion AVAILABLE NOW

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Socratatus
x4

Re: 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion to be released on March 31st, 2020

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 15:07

Damn, it took a long time to get the second part of the game!

Things I really like the most... Ability to dooock in spacesuit and an oxygen counter in the suit. As an `immershun` player, they count o me. But there`s a lot of good stuff.

I will start a new game on release. thankfully, there`s no other game I`m looking forwar... Oh wait... BannerLord!!! :gruebel: What do I do?
Last edited by Socratatus on Tue, 17. Mar 20, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

wizaerd
x4

Re: 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion to be released on March 31st, 2020

Post by wizaerd » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 15:10

Does the game still have that asinine station scanning thing, to find data leaks... I so hate that...

zarrazee

Post by zarrazee » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 18:05

Lovely stuff.

Well done Ego!

obri [on Linux]

Post by obri [on Linux] » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 18:16

I am on Beta 3 since about 70 hours.

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but can I continue my saves when I want to play Split Vendetta?
I like my small empire and do not want to replay.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 18:41

You can certainly play on from prior release version saves. You *might* be able to play on successfully from beta saves but with the possibility of still having issues that were inadvertently introduced in versions of the beta and could not be totally removed from saves by the eventual release version. That is why intended long-term gameplay using beta versions is always going to be a bit of a risk. Mods, if any, will obviously complicate things further.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

obri [on Linux]

Post by obri [on Linux] » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 18:58

Hmm, on one hand understandable, on the other hand it will
Spoiler
Show
punish
annoy the people who helped in QA, played the beta and gave feedback.

So I will wait and see what happens. I doubt I will find the motivation to play from zero again.

EDIT: Better wording
Last edited by obri [on Linux] on Tue, 17. Mar 20, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 19:05

"it will punish the people who helped in QA, played the beta and gave feedback." There's no 'punishment' involved. All who beta tested read this disclaimer in the Public Beta forum rules before signing up:
  • Disclaimer:

The public Beta program allows you to try out our next update or patch and provide feedback before it is released. As such, we cannot guarantee that it will be free of bugs. In particular, while we will endeavour to maintain compatibility, we cannot guarantee that savegames made with a Beta patch or update will be compatible with the final released version.

Before running any Beta version, please ensure that you back up your savegames so that they can be restored if you find any problems.
OK, back to the main subject please.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 20:33

Taking lessons from No Mans Sky development here... ;)
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Billynomates
x4

Post by Billynomates » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 22:19

About time thought I'd be dead before this came out! I can finally park up Stella Tactics and play this again. :wink:

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 23:11

Really looking forward to this release!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 23:26

Doom Eternal, Half Life: Alyx, and now X4:SV?

May we all praise COVID-19 for locking down the world and giving us more time at home! :P

P.S. When it releases, I'm starting a new game. I think I'm done with my current one.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 07:22

Been looking forward to this, and good timing for us stuck at home.

Keep safe every one.

Look after the elderly.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 07:41

DavidGW wrote:
Tue, 17. Mar 20, 23:26
May we all praise COVID-19 for locking down the world and giving us more time at home! :P
After 3 days of home-office I can say, I was never so eager to get back to office, as I am now.
Games help to cope with quarantine, but after 8 hours of work it's not so relaxing to stay playing.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 07:53

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 18. Mar 20, 07:41
DavidGW wrote:
After 3 days of home-office I can say, I was never so eager to get back to office, as I am now.
Games help to cope with quarantine, but after 8 hours of work it's not so relaxing to stay playing.
Indeed - the first thing I do after getting rid of the last call(s): get the hell out and enjoy the spring :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 10:25

DavidGW wrote:
Doom Eternal, Half Life: Alyx, and now X4:SV?

P.S. When it releases, I'm starting a new game. I think I'm done with my current one.
unbelievable, do people even think before writing statements like that!!!
how many people are dying or going to die because of that. how many businesses are going to crash and burn, how many people are going to loose their jobs.....but heh, at least you get to play a game :evil:
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 10:51

This is the wrong topic for that discussion and though people should show some compassion, its not really (imho) that uncommon to use lighthearted "comedy" as a coping mechanism, so lets not get overly sensitive while still considering other people's struggles. For additional insights and discussion use the Off-topic forums and the existing dedicated topics about that.

MFG

Ketraar

Botschafter Von Den Glück
x4

Post by Botschafter Von Den Glück » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 11:47

After some weeks in 3.0 beta, i returned to 2.6 because of the reputation bug, and hence i noticed a ton of a difference between those,
3.0 has MUCH more action inside, war from the starting hours between HOP and PAR, is before, too, but instead of doing missions or crystals you just fly by and collect a hundret of crates as first thing to do.

Im sure the release of X4 addon could be timed to own profit with current happenings by a intelligent moderation, but by all devs i know, egosoft is not so bad sharing the beta for the time at least, being faster than much else here...

Im very pleased with it being finally here, I remember back the days of X-BFT had a great universe, fimilar but large enough to have everything really everything you need.
then ive seen x3 and it has so much bigger universe i loose control about where to place factories, decide for 1 sector to get a base-everything economy, being dependend on ore if you calc it through a lot,

getting away from station -freighters- station to 1 dominant complex sad but here we are.
I wish that the old station frighter reward concept would come in advantage again. but its ok.
but you really lost control about money with the 10. or 20. factory up you coould hardly only just transfer all the money you earned, let alone spend it, let alone control fleets, let alone for what i build a fleet? a few plots but at the end there is no enemy it seems. -or control and enjoy all the frighters you want to use

The split is my favourite alien in X3TC, and the most interesing in the books.
but the X4 paranids ive fallen in love to ('unholy machine!') they are very unique, and so self-confident which is the most im missing myself, so strong and self-confident and not so fragile is just what we need!

The many additions in 3.0 ive seen are very welcome and great at the same time. everything is useful, and i love those tiny 30k cr missions, so sad you cannot just play space taxi for efficiency in x4 ))
you can but a space taxy organisation maybe to get at least NPC ships carrying those poor guys over?

or some service personnel to fill all those data leaks?

I want to serve it all! but im too busy with holding PAR out of devine nebular haha

im very statisfied with everything and very looking forward to new modules, new things, some ships, and hopefully more intelligent AI that can hold more of my waves off, just SOMETHING holding off those super-strong grown players thats not what 3.0 will give in total, but its frankly better ive already seen that say it loud its better,
and i see my impatience fly away.

thanks and keep heads up until my boron friends arrive!
Botschafter von den Glücksplaneten: Zu 100% Doktor. Die vertrauen mir!

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 11:56

Nice, a long-awaited desert :wink: .
Wargasm

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 13:21

I hope you mean a long-awaited *dessert*. A desert is what we may have had without getting any updates (ie a dry barren place or people leaving against orders). :D

Botschafter Von Den Glück
x4

Post by Botschafter Von Den Glück » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 14:15

there are lovely deserts out there, that every player has visited and knows.
a player doesnt get so much dessert nowadays, and split is not to be confused with banana split, not quite, huh

so desert is in the quality of niff kakh more of the quality I asume.
sadly no opportunity to visit it from the jungle surface, not even possible to crash on it by accident... the good old times are over
hopefully i find a good pregnant split woman at least desorentated giving childs on ianamus zura in teladi hands...
should I spoiler this phrase, or is it a succesful teaser?

but I love to see family zyarth certainly, because in X3tc there is that panther with the 32 ship slots making it my favourite ship, so multiple ways to hit me egosoft :mrgreen:
Botschafter von den Glücksplaneten: Zu 100% Doktor. Die vertrauen mir!

Return to “X4: Foundations”