3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion AVAILABLE NOW

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion to be released on March 31st, 2020

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 10:51

This is the wrong topic for that discussion and though people should show some compassion, its not really (imho) that uncommon to use lighthearted "comedy" as a coping mechanism, so lets not get overly sensitive while still considering other people's struggles. For additional insights and discussion use the Off-topic forums and the existing dedicated topics about that.

MFG

Ketraar

Botschafter Von Den Glück
x4

Re: 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion to be released on March 31st, 2020

Post by Botschafter Von Den Glück » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 11:47

After some weeks in 3.0 beta, i returned to 2.6 because of the reputation bug, and hence i noticed a ton of a difference between those,
3.0 has MUCH more action inside, war from the starting hours between HOP and PAR, is before, too, but instead of doing missions or crystals you just fly by and collect a hundret of crates as first thing to do.

Im sure the release of X4 addon could be timed to own profit with current happenings by a intelligent moderation, but by all devs i know, egosoft is not so bad sharing the beta for the time at least, being faster than much else here...

Im very pleased with it being finally here, I remember back the days of X-BFT had a great universe, fimilar but large enough to have everything really everything you need.
then ive seen x3 and it has so much bigger universe i loose control about where to place factories, decide for 1 sector to get a base-everything economy, being dependend on ore if you calc it through a lot,

getting away from station -freighters- station to 1 dominant complex sad but here we are.
I wish that the old station frighter reward concept would come in advantage again. but its ok.
but you really lost control about money with the 10. or 20. factory up you coould hardly only just transfer all the money you earned, let alone spend it, let alone control fleets, let alone for what i build a fleet? a few plots but at the end there is no enemy it seems. -or control and enjoy all the frighters you want to use

The split is my favourite alien in X3TC, and the most interesing in the books.
but the X4 paranids ive fallen in love to ('unholy machine!') they are very unique, and so self-confident which is the most im missing myself, so strong and self-confident and not so fragile is just what we need!

The many additions in 3.0 ive seen are very welcome and great at the same time. everything is useful, and i love those tiny 30k cr missions, so sad you cannot just play space taxi for efficiency in x4 ))
you can but a space taxy organisation maybe to get at least NPC ships carrying those poor guys over?

or some service personnel to fill all those data leaks?

I want to serve it all! but im too busy with holding PAR out of devine nebular haha

im very statisfied with everything and very looking forward to new modules, new things, some ships, and hopefully more intelligent AI that can hold more of my waves off, just SOMETHING holding off those super-strong grown players thats not what 3.0 will give in total, but its frankly better ive already seen that say it loud its better,
and i see my impatience fly away.

thanks and keep heads up until my boron friends arrive!
Botschafter von den Glücksplaneten: Zu 100% Doktor. Die vertrauen mir!

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 11:56

Nice, a long-awaited desert :wink: .
Wargasm

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 13:21

I hope you mean a long-awaited *dessert*. A desert is what we may have had without getting any updates (ie a dry barren place or people leaving against orders). :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

x4

Post by Botschafter Von Den Glück » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 14:15

there are lovely deserts out there, that every player has visited and knows.
a player doesnt get so much dessert nowadays, and split is not to be confused with banana split, not quite, huh

so desert is in the quality of niff kakh more of the quality I asume.
sadly no opportunity to visit it from the jungle surface, not even possible to crash on it by accident... the good old times are over
hopefully i find a good pregnant split woman at least desorentated giving childs on ianamus zura in teladi hands...
should I spoiler this phrase, or is it a succesful teaser?

but I love to see family zyarth certainly, because in X3tc there is that panther with the 32 ship slots making it my favourite ship, so multiple ways to hit me egosoft :mrgreen:

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Thu, 19. Mar 20, 17:02

:lol:
This kinda dessert:
https://i.imgur.com/jtt0lMv.jpg
Wargasm

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 20. Mar 20, 03:39

Will we get pirates and combat missions (like in older titles) ?
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

x4

Post by Botschafter Von Den Glück » Fri, 20. Mar 20, 17:21

there ARE pirates and Combat missions,
what kind are you looking for?

For missions that actually count work and bring you forward??
well...
pirates snip down a freigther in the beginning (more or less not), thats all they are capable of.
there is the following problem: egosoft doesnt want to hurt fragile players, that are used to build and build from x3.

but on the other hand pirats shall become a role and powerful somehow for those players that dont surrender if half their fleet is blown to space metal.

hope is the good in space.

Combat missions, there are small, big ones, until wipe out the whole sector tripped down to a sinle small...tiny mission.
which it is, once you have your fleet of at least 20-50 ships sadly

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 18:04

Epic stuff, cannot wait :D

Thanks for all the work you peeps are putting into this .

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 12:32

I am curious if something that gets mentioned in some places will get addressed in the next update, a problem mentioned in the steam review that is most popular "You can assign miners/traders to stations, yet they are limited to mining/trading within 5 sectors. We have an estimated number of ~47 sectors, so that's a great coverage. If your customers or the materials you need to mine aren't within these 5 sectors, then too bad. (...) What is then the purpose of having a player owned sector, if you can only trade/mine 5 sectors away from this sector?"

So is this problem with trading in only 5 sectors getting fixed now that there will be more systems added to the game?

Thanks.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 13:01

dreamer2008 wrote:
Mon, 23. Mar 20, 12:32
So is this problem with trading in only 5 sectors getting fixed now that there will be more systems added to the game?
Was this ever adressed as a problem / confirmed by the devs that it isn't an intentional gameplay feature? If not I'm afraid there won't be a "fix".

If you want to discuss a change here the place to go would be the public beta 3.0 forum.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

DerCommissar
x4

Post by DerCommissar » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 18:40

Looking forward to the expansion, but I'm concerned about performance. X4 without the expansion became unplayable at <5 fps at over 300 hours game time --for battles involving a hundred or more ships . (And I've this is with a i7 and 1080 ti machine and a i9 with a 2070)--more than enough CPU and video processing power. FPS constantly decreases the more the X4 universe comes alive. Now the universe is even larger and there is great potential for more ships and battles. I'm concerned that the underlying performance issues have not been fixed, but the potential for even greater now that the universe and complexity is even larger.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 19:03

No X-Game ever was able to run battle of hundred ships year after release.

I don't know what you expect the FPS with bazilion of ships while the CPU process thousands of ships, bases, production and transactions in the background.

You might have decent framerate after like 5-6 years and new PC when hardware keep up with what game need to handle.
This was perfectly normal for every single game since X2. Even if performance wise X4 is rather well optimized (comparing to other X-titles).

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Tue, 24. Mar 20, 08:10

chew-ie wrote:
Mon, 23. Mar 20, 13:01
dreamer2008 wrote:
Mon, 23. Mar 20, 12:32
Was this ever adressed as a problem / confirmed by the devs that it isn't an intentional gameplay feature? If not I'm afraid there won't be a "fix".

If you want to discuss a change here the place to go would be the public beta 3.0 forum.
Okay, thank you, I will repost the question in that thread then.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 24. Mar 20, 12:06

@ dreamer2008: mr.Who said the public beta *forum* and not the beta announcement thread here. Still, CBJ has given you an answer there and so the matter is closed.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 18:21

When are we getting the zombie survival mode?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 18:27

Matthew94 wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 18:21
I heard that 3.0 beta Xenon outbreak is like this.
The more important question is when will we get a Battle Royale mode :P

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 18:41

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 18:27
Matthew94 wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 18:21
I heard that 3.0 beta Xenon outbreak is like this.
The more important question is when will we get a Battle Royale mode :P
And covid19 whit strategic item: toilet-paper.
Wargasm

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 21:52

Just paid for the expansion as a pre-order on GOG. First time I've ever pre-ordered a game... Damn, I must be going soft in my twilight years. :shock:
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Thu, 26. Mar 20, 19:18

Sooo, considering they've been fixing bugs for many months now, I guess it's time for another fresh new play start, after months long break. Got 700+ hours already spend in game, I am hoping for something really cool and was waiting for this.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Return to “X4: Foundations”