It'd be cool to have multiple profiles instead of just 10 save files

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Post Reply
User avatar
Matthew94
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue, 4. Jan 11, 02:59
xr

It'd be cool to have multiple profiles instead of just 10 save files

Post by Matthew94 » Sat, 15. Feb 20, 23:02

For those who want multiple campaigns in parallel, being able to group them would be handy.

Falcrack
Posts: 2709
Joined: Wed, 29. Jul 09, 00:46
x4

Re: It'd be cool to have multiple profiles instead of just 10 save files

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 05:46

You could just make a backup folder of your save games to free up space. Not the most elegant solution, but it would work.


LameFox
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue, 22. Oct 13, 15:26
x4

Re: It'd be cool to have multiple profiles instead of just 10 save files

Post by LameFox » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 07:58

Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 05:46
You could just make a backup folder of your save games to free up space. Not the most elegant solution, but it would work.
That's how I do it too, but admittedly it does feel like something the game should handle itself in this day and age.
***modified***

SirNukes
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat, 31. Mar 07, 23:44
x4

Re: It'd be cool to have multiple profiles instead of just 10 save files

Post by SirNukes » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 08:07

Profiles have been in since Rebirth as a command line argument: "-personalfolderid 12345678", replacing the number with an 8-digit folder name in the documents/Egosoft/X4 directory.

DaMuncha
Posts: 1256
Joined: Mon, 1. Nov 10, 11:00
x4

Re: It'd be cool to have multiple profiles instead of just 10 save files

Post by DaMuncha » Wed, 19. Feb 20, 13:06

I agree. Since theres no way to manualy name saves theyre all jsut given dates, So if I have multiple games going I get confused cause all I see are numbers and nothing identifying them as being in a different instance of the game.

Max Bain
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: It'd be cool to have multiple profiles instead of just 10 save files

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 19. Feb 20, 15:11

DaMuncha wrote:
Wed, 19. Feb 20, 13:06
I agree. Since theres no way to manualy name saves theyre all jsut given dates, So if I have multiple games going I get confused cause all I see are numbers and nothing identifying them as being in a different instance of the game.
I am pretty sure you can name them.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

taztaz502
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun, 17. Nov 13, 13:22
x4

Re: It'd be cool to have multiple profiles instead of just 10 save files

Post by taztaz502 » Fri, 21. Feb 20, 04:37

Max Bain wrote:
Wed, 19. Feb 20, 15:11
DaMuncha wrote:
Wed, 19. Feb 20, 13:06
I agree. Since theres no way to manualy name saves theyre all jsut given dates, So if I have multiple games going I get confused cause all I see are numbers and nothing identifying them as being in a different instance of the game.
I am pretty sure you can name them.
Yeah you can, the profiles thing would be a whole lot better though

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations”