3.0 Public Beta is now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: 3.0 Public Beta is now available

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 01:18

There are improvements to graphics, new weapons, new UI features, new commands, tons of bug fixes, etc. There are over a hundred bug fixes/improvements. Just because you aren't satisfied doesn't mean there wasn't much done. There was a ton of work done. As for new content, that was never really going to be coming from 3.0 so not sure what your expectations are. The real new content will come from the two expansions, one of which is the split. I think the second expansion is the Terrans by the way because I saw something in the code that implies it, although I could be wrong.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 01:56

Yes there was suppose to be new content with 3.0 blackrain, the all important plot /missions i.e a campaign of sorts that was missing from x4. They said they wanted to add it and they said 3.0 would be it. Afaik anyhow. So missions with plot/npc interactions/voice over work for it/unique encounters. Is what ive been waiting for personally like it was from x2, maybe not to scale but at least a good chunk to do when theres nothing to do in game except those who are only in it for empire building aspect which i and others might not be. I have x4 collectors edition i bought it knowing it would come eventually thats why i havent gave it a proper play yet as waiting for this 3.0 update. At least thats me and obviously some others going by other posts that keep popping up.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 02:06

Skeeter wrote:
Mon, 10. Feb 20, 01:56
Yes there was suppose to be new content with 3.0 blackrain, the all important plot /missions i.e a campaign of sorts that was missing from x4. They said they wanted to add it and they said 3.0 would be it. Afaik anyhow. So missions with plot/npc interactions/voice over work for it/unique encounters. Is what ive been waiting for personally like it was from x2, maybe not to scale but at least a good chunk to do when theres nothing to do in game except those who are only in it for empire building aspect which i and others might not be. I have x4 collectors edition i bought it knowing it would come eventually thats why i havent gave it a proper play yet as waiting for this 3.0 update. At least thats me and obviously some others going by other posts that keep popping up.
Ah, you mean new missions. Those will be in 3.0 though, they just haven't been put in yet as far as I know. I got the impression that the poster meant things like new ships or factions or whatever. They never specified what these new missions and such will be though. Not sure if they mean end game stuff. There is supposed to be diplomacy stuff too.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 02:21

Ah i see why you said that now but i think the poster before your post meant a plot or something to follow that makes the game have a goal from start to middle and a final end mission/goal that isnt "use ur imagination" that many ppl tell others to do. Originally with xbtf and x2 and i guess x3 they all were story based space adventure games especially the first few and the stations and trading were mainly just to make money to fund your ship improvements so you had a stronger ship as the plot got harder and you had the choice to after the plot just continue the game in a open ended world it was never what you might say a sandbox. The sandbox focus has been slowly taking over the series after x3. Tho rebirth had a plot it just wasnt a good x2 or even x3 type game which is why i think many didnt like it even if its technically better after updates the core game didnt change just fixes or sandbox additions. But im waffling on now lol. See x fans are either in one of two groups, they want a story and a ability to progress your ship by making money along the way or they want a sandbox fleet and station building game.
[ external image ]

Kris86

Post by Kris86 » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 19:52

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 10. Feb 20, 02:06
Skeeter wrote:
Ah, you mean new missions. Those will be in 3.0 though, they just haven't been put in yet as far as I know. I got the impression that the poster meant things like new ships or factions or whatever. They never specified what these new missions and such will be though. Not sure if they mean end game stuff. There is supposed to be diplomacy stuff too.
I don't want to be here copying and pasting patch 3.0 statements. Maybe I'm wrong, but I seemed to have understood that the postponed launch (initially scheduled for the end of 2019) was due to Egosoft's will to guarantee a decent endgame and content of a certain depth. To date in 3.0 beta there is no trace of this (but maybe they will be implemented before the release, who knows). Fixed many bugs? I think it is the minimum since the game was sold in pitiful conditions and only after a year can we see a minimum of stability. New design? New weapons? Sorry but what do I do if in the game practically everything is an end in itself and a simple player, who starts as a scum of the universe, after a few hours he finds himself having an economic empire and a fleet so strong as to sweep all life in the 'universe? I am glad you are satisfied and I wish you to continue having fun with the game.I personally if I do not see a change of course I will be just one of the many former fans who will stop buying egosoft games ...

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 20:39

Kris86 wrote:
Mon, 10. Feb 20, 19:52
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 10. Feb 20, 02:06
Skeeter wrote:
I don't want to be here copying and pasting patch 3.0 statements. Maybe I'm wrong, but I seemed to have understood that the postponed launch (initially scheduled for the end of 2019) was due to Egosoft's will to guarantee a decent endgame and content of a certain depth. To date in 3.0 beta there is no trace of this (but maybe they will be implemented before the release, who knows). Fixed many bugs? I think it is the minimum since the game was sold in pitiful conditions and only after a year can we see a minimum of stability. New design? New weapons? Sorry but what do I do if in the game practically everything is an end in itself and a simple player, who starts as a scum of the universe, after a few hours he finds himself having an economic empire and a fleet so strong as to sweep all life in the 'universe? I am glad you are satisfied and I wish you to continue having fun with the game.I personally if I do not see a change of course I will be just one of the many former fans who will stop buying egosoft games ...
Yeah, I don't agree with you at all. In my opinion, the game is very good. Of course, I would love more of everything. Try playing differently. I am now doing a playthrough where I have a mercury vanguard and I am personally trading and not queuing buy/sell. I have 2 hours in and I have only earneda few tens of thousands of credits. Should take me quite a while to earn enough to buy a better ship or a new station. I certainly won't have an economic empire after a few hours as you say.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 22:27

@kris86 They are keeping missions back from 3.0 as it might spoil things if you see em too early during the beta process they said i think. Other things are probably being held back till one of the last betas or till full 3.0 release. Afaik anyhow. Diplomacy i dont think is in the current beta, maybe beta 6 which there working on now. Hopefully 3.0 final brings enough new stuff to warrant a play through. :) Least im hoping so. But its 50/50 atm weather its enough.
[ external image ]

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 12:09

Its great to see everyone is hard working on this expansion but I'm wondering. Is there a set goal to get this launched?
I know its still needs more addition and testing but like things are going now it looks like this will still take several months.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 16:23

it sounds like there have been lots of improvements made so far and all those on 2.6 like me have been left behind.
would it be possible to release a 2.8 update with all the new, tested and debugged improvements ?
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 16:25

3.0 is on beta 5, beta 6 is a around the corner, patience, its not that far from stable
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 18:46

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 9. Feb 20, 23:10
Kris86 wrote:
Sun, 9. Feb 20, 22:43
LennStar wrote:
Sun, 9. Feb 20, 21:10
Any educated guesses when Vendetta und 3.0 will be out? Since it's already beta 5....
I am in the mood of starting some building-up game right now, but I don't want to start a 50+ hours savegame and then the Split turn up. :gruebel:

Anything on the days/weeks/months scale?
If they keep their promises on the content I think it will take at least a month in my opinion. The entire mission and faction system is missing and I doubt it takes less. If they then want to launch it in its current state ... Maybe times are getting shorter but it would be a disappointment since the long-awaited 3.0 hasn't done much for now.
3.0 hasn't done much? There are so many changes, fixes and additions. How has it not done much?
Bernd talked about a new mission system in 3.0. This is not yet implemented (Beta 5) and I guess it takes the longest time to develop. Since this new big feature needs to be tested in another Beta iteration I have the gut feeling 3.0 won't make it in Q1 because I expect a lot of bugs which need to be fixed and then cross examined in yet another iteration. Also, I guess Split vendetta references 3.0 features and thus the DLC release will be on hold until then.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 18:48

We are also still missing new paranid fighter, ability to relocate HQ and additional reasearch options.

If I'm not wrong all these things have been anounced for 3.0.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 19:02

They've discussed moving some of the discussed 3.0 features to 3.2 or similar, and at this point, I think that's wise. I hope they can get 3.0 public ASAP and then start a new beta for the massive additions like story missions, etc.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

kroobzh
x4

Post by kroobzh » Wed, 19. Feb 20, 14:48

Tell me, please, was the transfer of HQ to another sector planned for 3.0?

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 19. Feb 20, 16:17

kroobzh wrote:
Wed, 19. Feb 20, 14:48
Tell me, please, was the transfer of HQ to another sector planned for 3.0?
It was, but it's not in yet and I wonder if they'll move it to 3.2 or whatever is after 3.0. The general public should see 3.0 ASAP (in my opinion).

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 19. Feb 20, 18:40

Beta 6 is out, my favorite highlights:
[Beta 6] New Feature: Paranid Ares heavy fighter and Xenon T scout.
[Beta 6] Added Destroy Station and Destroy Station Turret missions to War Subscriptions.
[Beta 6] Added option to rename ships in Ship Config menu when building/upgrading.
[Beta 6] Added option to toggle selection lines in map (new feature in 3.00).
[Beta 6] Added possibility to restrict individual factions from buying ships at player-owned shipyards and wharves.
[Beta 6] Added new sector-specific music.
[Beta 6] Improved aiming accuracy of weapons and turrets.
[Beta 6] Improved suspense music behaviour to reduce interruptions to normal music.
[Beta 6] Improved sector-specific music behaviour to play more often.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 19. Feb 20, 19:03

Yeah those are huge. Have you tried them yet?

DerFeindDerZeit

Post by DerFeindDerZeit » Wed, 19. Feb 20, 20:43

Following Problems since BETA 6:
- Pirate attack increased massivly ( every 5 Secs )
- Ships which are attached to defend are freezing
- Beamweapons accuracy decreased

is there a possibility to roleback to BETA 5?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 19. Feb 20, 21:02

@ DerFeindDerZeit: Please report issues in 3.0 beta 6 in the Public Beta forum along with full information and repro steps and not in this forum or thread.

No there is no reason or means to roll back to beta 5 because betas are for testing and not for long-term gameplay.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 19. Feb 20, 21:26

Low quality footage on Ares:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyEbluQFOjQ

From what I can see this is slightly modified Perseus model with 2 additional weapon mounts and probably bug/mistake 3rd shield generator.

I must say I kinda like it - Perseus was my favorite fighter by the look and it's only flaw was that it was not an Eclipse.
Now I have an Eclipse that looks like Perseus - it's a win-win :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”