3.0 Public Beta is now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cyron43
x4

Re: 3.0 Public Beta is now available

Post by Cyron43 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 20:43

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 20:36
@ Cyron43: I suspect that your first two points will more likely be part of the Split DLC and not so much part of the 3.0 Public Beta process.
No Bernd literally said there will be more ships and sectors independent to the DLC! We got already one new ship with 3.0 beta, which is the Kormoran (sorry idk the English name, cormorant maybe?).

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:17

You're right--hopefully 3.0 beta 5 is coming soon!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:18

Fair enough. I was going more by this dev comment and the fact that new map sectors (without a fresh gamestart) could potentially wreak havoc on an existing mature game in progress. Non-DLC update work is designed to allow you to continue with previous release vanilla gameplay pretty seamlessly.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:26

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:18
Fair enough. I was going more by this dev comment and the fact that new map sectors (without a fresh gamestart) could potentially wreak havoc on an existing mature game in progress. Non-DLC update work is designed to allow you to continue with previous release vanilla gameplay pretty seamlessly.
Have you heard of semantic versioning? Here is the full explanation: https://semver.org/
In a nutshell (and the important part here) is that an increase of the major version number (here from 2 to 3) ALWAYS is done in case of one or more breaking changes.
The minor version number (right next to the first dot) which you are talking about is solely used for added or changed functionality WITHOUT breaking changes.
Thanks for letting me know about the second ship coming in. :)

Kris86

Post by Kris86 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 22:11

Alan Phipps wrote:
Honestly, I hope it's not as you say. The game needs heavy content additions, regardless of the dlc, if we also get lost on the problem of starting a new game then it is game over egosoft. I think the community has been far too patient, there is a lot of expectation on this 3.0, I hope it is worth it because so far this 3.0 is just a great list of fixes and still does not touch the real problems of the game in the least.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 22:49

Kris86 wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 22:11
Alan Phipps wrote:
Honestly, I hope it's not as you say. The game needs heavy content additions, regardless of the dlc, if we also get lost on the problem of starting a new game then it is game over egosoft. I think the community has been far too patient, there is a lot of expectation on this 3.0, I hope it is worth it because so far this 3.0 is just a great list of fixes and still does not touch the real problems of the game in the least.
Exactly my sentiments. I also wanted to add that "breaking change" (which I mentioned in my previous comment) does not necessarily mean we have to start all over. In terms of semantic versioning it just means you can't go back to a previous version because of incompatibilities. However, older saves are going to be patched for the newer version.

Stedgar
x4

Post by Stedgar » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 20:55

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 14. Nov 19, 17:34
We're thrilled to kick off the beta for our big 3.0 update of X4: Foundations! While we recently informed you about the delay of the 3.0 public release, we're now ready to have interested beta testers check out some of the main changes this big update will bring to X4: Foundations in the first quarter of 2020. These include:
  • Improved graphics engine to support new visual effects
  • Better sound effects
  • Virtual seminars and quicker skill progression for crew training
  • Configurable alert system
  • Individual and group crew transfer
  • Policing options for player-owned space
  • Ability to dock using a spacesuit directly
  • Improvements to menus including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station Overview and Logbook
  • Improved target display and mission guidance
  • More control over drones and turrets
  • Alternative steering methods including head tracking systems and X3 retro mode
The full change log with over 150 entries and details on how to access the public beta of X4: Foundations can be found HERE. Please be aware that this first public beta version of the 3.0 update does not contain any new story content – this will be added at a later stage.

Want to share your feedback? Join us TODAY on our Twitch channel at 8pm CET / 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST for a live stream about the current and future development of X4: Foundations!

Thanks in advance for your support during this beta phase!
I found what I think may be solution to everyones menu items missing problem. I run X4 foundations on my 3 monitor setup. With my 8 gig Radeon 590X. today I put X4 on my other PC which has a 1060 6gb card and a 1 27" monitor. The menus look and run fine on that machine. Came back to my triple monitor PC and reduced the display size to 1920 X 1080. This turned off two of my monitors and the Menus are fine again. Can't you make it so we can tell X4 that we are not running VR equipment

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 22:48

I'm not sure what you mean by "everyones menu items missing problem". I'm aware of one or two menus with specific issues in 2.60, but all of the ones we've been made aware of will have been addressed by now in the 3.0 Beta. As for your "tell X4 that we are not running VR equipment" comment, I'm afraid that is even more baffling. The game doesn't support VR, and even if it did, that would have no bearing on a multi-monitor setup such as the one you're describing.

Perhaps if you could be a bit more specific about the problems you're having (not here, but in a thread in Tech Support if you're running 2.60 or the Beta Feedback Forum if you're running the 3.0 Beta) then, along with some screenshots, we could check that all the issues you're referring to have been dealt with.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 06:23

Anyone else getting destroyers in fleets that are moving from one area to the next stop at gates and get stuck on a fly to command. They stay there and the command doesn't stop.

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 17:04

burger1 wrote:
Thu, 23. Jan 20, 06:23
Anyone else getting destroyers in fleets that are moving from one area to the next stop at gates and get stuck on a fly to command. They stay there and the command doesn't stop.
Yes everyone else having this issue to. What I do is, I fly a ship manually and the rest will follow.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 18:46

Beta 5 is out!

Not much new content, but so many fixes that I was too bored to read them :)

My favorites:
[Beta 5] Improved balancing of weapons and ships.
[Beta 5] Improved pricing and distribution of new weapons among factions (new feature in 3.00).
[Beta 5] Improved logbook to show entries for player-owned ships being attacked or destroyed in red.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 18:52

You might find a little content that isn't documented in the changelog. ;)

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 18:57

burger1 wrote:
Thu, 23. Jan 20, 06:23
Hi, it's intended that they stop for a while to wait for the rest of the fleet to cross the gate before continuing. However, there was a bug that could, in certain situations, have them wait indefinitely. That was fixed in 3.0 Beta 5, although there might be other cases.

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 19:02

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 23. Jan 20, 18:52
Well that piqued my interest even more than it already was after reading the change log. :D
Last edited by Staja Bepon on Thu, 23. Jan 20, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 19:03

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 23. Jan 20, 18:52
Will it be obvious? Now I'm wondering how long it'll take me to get to this... :O

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 19:07

I didn't mean to get people overly excited. There are just one or two additions, and they've all been mentioned previously by Bernd or other team members.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 19:10

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 23. Jan 20, 19:07
I didn't mean to get people overly excited. There are just one or two additions, and they've all been mentioned previously by Bernd or other team members.
Haha yeah I'm just wondering if they're one of the huge things (stories) we know are coming or something smaller.

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 19:10

CBJ wrote:
It's all good, everything you guys add and fix is icing on top.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 19:17

Staja Bepon wrote:
Thu, 23. Jan 20, 19:10
CBJ wrote:
It's all good, everything you guys add and fix is icing on top.
Agreed! You guys are doing great work. Much appreciated regardless.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 19:20

Improved balancing of new weapons. Does this mean my 2 Muons arnt going to melt K's in a minute anymore?

"[Beta 5] Added option to map shortcuts to toggle turret arming and drone launching."
Nice.

Return to “X4: Foundations”