Should I start a new save?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RadioMan
x4

Should I start a new save?

Post by RadioMan » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 08:15

Hi all,

With the new 3.0 update coming up and the dlc also, I really want to get back into this game again. But shall I continue with my old save or create a new one? And can I create a new one right now or will I regret it when the game gets updated?

I don't know if you guys can answer this at all, I am not fishing for answers to find out if this next update / dlc is going to be awesome or not, because I already know it will, just try to figure out whether or not it's better to start a new save and if so whether I should wait until the dlc actually releases.

Gween
x4

Re: Should I start a new save?

Post by Gween » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 09:11

In the AmA they said that there are reasons to start a new save after 3.0 but you can also continue with your existing one. Since you said "old save" I guess you haven't played in a while so for you it'd probably not be a problem to start a new one.

RadioMan
x4

Post by RadioMan » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 14:27

Thanks, I will start a new game, even when the other one is over 50 hours in, I guess I didn't really play since January or so, I just don't know what I was doing and don't know any of my controls anymore.
Speaking of that, the 3.0 beta has a flight school where you are supposed to learn the controls from whatever you're loading, so I loaded up the x52 pro profile, but it still wants me to play with the keyboard so I guess I do something wrong, or it's not completely working yet (I know I know, you can expect these things in beta, especially a beta that is just launched yesterday.)
Hope I can get everything working for me, but there is no rush, I didn't even stopped playing back in january because I encountered any bugs, just that I was playing along some youtuber and he kept me hyped for a while, but he stopped and only just restarted again but now I think I want to create my own adventure (yes, I'm aware that every game is different, but if you watch a youtube channel, the choices I make are partially based on his.)
Anyway, thanks for the answer and I'm superhyped now for playing the game again.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 17:48

I was waiting since 2.0 for the 3.0 but now theyve announced 3.0 wont be coming out till NEXT YEAR I said screw it and started a new game in 2.6
Just... another... bug.

bit.hauler
x4

Post by bit.hauler » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 22:59

I know, right!? I started a new one a week ago to relearn all the controls since last November when they released. Very worth the time to get reaquainted. Prolly won't start over again at release.... unless I should. :gruebel:

SumUser
x4

Post by SumUser » Wed, 20. Nov 19, 10:36

DaMuncha wrote:
Mon, 18. Nov 19, 17:48
I was waiting since 2.0 for the 3.0 but now theyve announced 3.0 wont be coming out till NEXT YEAR I said screw it and started a new game in 2.6
I'm pretty sure Egosoft stated on their Twitch.tv live stream several days back that 3.0 may be released before the Split expansion. Egosoft stated that the only reason they delayed the expansion was to give more love to the new missions and mission editor.

If I had to guess, 3.0 may release sometime mid December with the expansion and a 3.05 sometime late January 2020 - mid February.

Return to “X4: Foundations”