Building station

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zimzim

Building station

Post by zimzim » Mon, 11. Nov 19, 15:38

Why and how to reduce the construction time of production modules.
At the beginning of the construction of my mega factory, the construction time is light but the more I build the more the time is long.

Why this ?

How can I do to reduce construction time?

Thanks for your feedback.

Virtualaughing
x4

Re: Building station

Post by Virtualaughing » Mon, 11. Nov 19, 16:09

Destroy the current builder if you experience more than half hour/ module. Sometimes it can be stuck with more than a hour / production module.
Then assign a personal builder WITHOUT a single drone. This makes no sense i know but trust me.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Mon, 11. Nov 19, 16:25

zimzim wrote:
Mon, 11. Nov 19, 15:38
How can I do to reduce construction time?
There's also the age old trick of parallelization, that is don't have everything in one station. Worker accumulation is also per-station so will be a bottleneck as well at some point.

zimzim

Post by zimzim » Fri, 22. Nov 19, 15:50

Thanks @Load Crc and @virtualaughing

I'll try next time.

Have a nice day

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 22. Nov 19, 16:35

Please also see this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Faraboot
x4

Post by Faraboot » Sat, 23. Nov 19, 18:59

zimzim wrote:
Mon, 11. Nov 19, 15:38
At the beginning of the construction of my mega factory, the construction time is light but the more I build the more the time is long.
Ok, so I had to go back to an earlier save, before the construcion started (was lucky that autosave cought that), cause I couldn't cancel the construcion or the builder, and I didn't want to just start shooting..
So I've cleared the whole plot, confirm and left it like that. All the materials that were on their way, were delivered, and the builder left.
Then I bought a contruction ship with only building drones, drew me a nice food/medical complex and let my builder build it. Worked like a charm.

Moral of the story - never outsource a crucial job to worthless Argonians, do it youself.

Return to “X4: Foundations”