[Question] Equipment mods on L ships

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ns88ns
x4

[Question] Equipment mods on L ships

Post by ns88ns » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 12:58

Hi, comunity.

I found that I can't fit equpment mods on L-ship turrets. I have enough items to craft mod and the L-ship is equpped with turrets. But turets in mods menu are always greyed out for L-ships. Why?

Thank you.

csaba
x4

Re: [Question] Equipment mods on L ships

Post by csaba » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 13:58

I guess it's a balance thing. You can mod their shields so turrets last almost infinitely, which means you can effectively increase their overall dps. I'd suggest the medic mod, since damage usually come in burst unless you are fighting a xenon capital ship which sadly have continuous fire, effectively always recharging hardpoint shields to max by the next pass.

lvzhiwei

Post by lvzhiwei » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 11:26

I also hope to be able to modify the turret of the big ship. The range and damage of the turret is too low.

This is not a competitive game, no need to balance, L, XL ship should be very powerful.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 12:52

Weapon and shield mods can only be fitted to individual turrets and shields respectively, not to those that are grouped like those on large ships (note that even a single turret can be grouped, in order to be protected by a shield generator). This is intended behaviour, and we have no immediate plans to change it (not least because it would be technically difficult to do so).

lvzhiwei

Post by lvzhiwei » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 14:20

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 12:52
Weapon and shield mods can only be fitted to individual turrets and shields respectively, not to those that are grouped like those on large ships (note that even a single turret can be grouped, in order to be protected by a shield generator). This is intended behaviour, and we have no immediate plans to change it (not least because it would be technically difficult to do so).
Then I strongly recommend that you solve this problem, or you can make up for the big ship from other directions. For example, let the big ship have more L turrets. You designed the L turret, but only 2 on the capital ship, What we want is a powerful capital ship like the one in the X3 and the XR. We are more than expecting you to make the capital ship stronger than DLC, because I can imagine that the capital ship of Split is also weak. From your fans.

Return to “X4: Foundations”