a single fact that makes X4 USELESS!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sundernet
x4

a single fact that makes X4 USELESS!

Post by sundernet » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 20:05

And i really mean it!
Despite being a big fan of the game franchise and i praise the developers for their hard work on putting each and most of the previous game's elements into one!
Despite of it's annoying bugs such as
- plan build management bug due to a destroyed module appeared in red on the list with a selecting sound bug each half second make it nearly impossible and frustrating!
- Drop down into celling issue THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING! if one hasn't researched yet teleportation, a load from a previous saved game is required!
- The ability to manage own products and add restrictions to each and/or all player's products!
- A worthless fleet management as S/M class ships docked at carriers don't have time to undock the carrier as they are wiped out! either due to low shields or overpowered weapons! thus making budget a WASTE!
- Real time play VS map play needs a SERIOUS fix, despite that a defense station was built right in front of the gate, destroyers pass by without a scratch while in Map Mode, one must teleport to that specific defense station and watch the reaction!
(Not to mention the heavy FPS drop regardless of your GPU, Ram and CPU, on heavy fog sectors with a lot of satellites deployed)

And now, the real fruit of this game, when dealing with the most dangerous threat in the X univers (not only bugs) it's the ability to wipe out completely the xenon/kha'ak due to some IMPOSSIBLE ANNOYING FACTS!!!!

- Construction sites have their resource where they are stored for futher constructions! it cannot be destroyes!
- Xenon stations, upon destruction of each module, they are still there, as planed and they spawn idifferently no matter how much you shoot after they are detroyed!! which seems REALLY FRUSTRATING!
- Xenon drones seem to come out in an infinite numbers and one must assume their role is a muti-purpose, whichever that is they are INVINCIBLE!

So if you cannot eliminate the Xenon, at a certain point in the game where they become to be really annoying, the only option is to uninstall the game untill furthere fixes!!!!!!!! take the most important joy of the X game and the rest it's useless!
Over 125h of gameplay makes this fact impossible to bare!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] ASRock Extreme4
[CPU] Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600k 3.60Ghz 6Core
[Cooling] Criorig C7
[Video] Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 8GB
[Harddrive] CM500 500GB SSD
[Harddrive] Seagate Baraccuda 2TB
[Disc Player] - Portable Slim Drive USB 3.0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: a single fact that makes X4 USELESS!

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 20:29

At least two of the mainly Xenon-related instances you quote as leading to the 'single fact' have been addressed to some extent in 2.60 release.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 18. Oct 19, 00:42

Hmm 125 hours, $60 or less game, less than $0.60 per hour of game played... Hmm facts seen to show that the game isn't useless, remember, facts don't care about your feelings. Facts show you put more into this game for a cost per hour far less than going out drinking or to movies... I say success to Egosoft!

sundernet
x4

Post by sundernet » Sat, 19. Oct 19, 19:52

Sorry i wasn't patient enough to realize that stations could be destroyed by destroying all the modules, shooting down the resource stockpiles for construction near the station and then shoot down again any remaining invisible modules the AI had placed in queue so the station would actually become Gray and disappear...
I did this after the 2.60 update so i cannot tell if it was all thanks to 2.60 or earlier...
Still, other bugs are pretty useless if the core of the game, the pleasure to play it and and enjoy it was solved.
Like an apple with a worm inside, it's useless to see a sweet nice looking yummy apple if it's empty inside xD
BUT i won't take back none of the prise for the great and the best game ever in the X franchise, the X4, i really like the game and I might be drugged or not normal but a single day without playing X4 is not for me! xD
I'm not crazy! I LOVE IT!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] ASRock Extreme4
[CPU] Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600k 3.60Ghz 6Core
[Cooling] Criorig C7
[Video] Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 8GB
[Harddrive] CM500 500GB SSD
[Harddrive] Seagate Baraccuda 2TB
[Disc Player] - Portable Slim Drive USB 3.0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 19. Oct 19, 22:55

Since this isn't really a specific Tech Sp report/request, it can go over to the general gameplay forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Belphegor2_3
x4

Post by Belphegor2_3 » Thu, 24. Oct 19, 22:08

Beware. I have a scoop for thee.
This is a single fact that makes X4 totaly useless. Simple, but definitive.

There is nothing that can be done by anybody from Egosoft to prevent this. Ever.
Spoiler
Show
X4 IS A GAME, not a productivity tool

:lol:

Return to “X4: Foundations”