Announcing X4: Split Vendetta and update 3.0

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Announcing X4: Split Vendetta and update 3.0

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 03:18

watch the video to see what how they will look, and Its not going to be all cargo
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 15:09

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 22. Sep 19, 03:18
watch the video to see what how they will look, and Its not going to be all cargo
No offense on the trailer video doesn't show me the info off all the ships and i don't see any overhaul off the old faction ships so for now ther is noting but to wait and see how many copy and paste ships we will have in the Split Vendetta

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 15:16

Thecrippler wrote:
Sun, 22. Sep 19, 15:09
Buzz2005 wrote:
No offense on the trailer video doesn't show me the info off all the ships and i don't see any overhaul off the old faction ships so for now ther is noting but to wait and see how many copy and paste ships we will have in the Split Vendetta
They wont show all the ships and by copy paste you mean designed or stats?
Design is subjective so to each there own, I would predict that all are newly designed and no copy paste of existing

The reason why there is more cargo ships that are copy paste is they scraped the rebirth way of cargo (liquid, mineral etc...) at some point in development and renamed then vanguard or sentinal

Overhaul of existing will maybe come in distant future
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 14:22

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 22. Sep 19, 15:16
Thecrippler wrote:
Sun, 22. Sep 19, 15:09
Buzz2005 wrote:
They wont show all the ships and by copy paste you mean designed or stats?
Design is subjective so to each there own, I would predict that all are newly designed and no copy paste of existing

The reason why there is more cargo ships that are copy paste is they scraped the rebirth way of cargo (liquid, mineral etc...) at some point in development and renamed then vanguard or sentinal

Overhaul of existing will maybe come in distant future
I mean designed

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Fri, 27. Sep 19, 12:39

I still miss the sector "Moonship" ... why is it not in X4 yet? :rant: :gruebel: :evil:

The music was just ... awesome! :)
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 23:39

Trailer 0;23, bottom left corner:
https://youtu.be/QC-s7fAhdyw?t=23

Gee, great to see that Split also use the same copy/paste Argon construction ship model as rest of galaxy.

Copy/paste ship model
Copy/Paste ship stats
Slab "Elephant" name plate on it
Job well done

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 29. Sep 19, 14:02

https://www.gamestar.de/videos/die-zuku ... 99654.html

Needs translating but Unitrader on discord said there was a few nice tidbits in.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sun, 29. Sep 19, 21:20

Skeeter wrote:
Sun, 29. Sep 19, 14:02

Needs translating but Unitrader on discord said there was a few nice tidbits in.
Even without sound it is a great preview of the new ships and I love the new textures. Looking forward to reviving this game for some marathon play sessions.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 09:04

At 0:57 of the trailer the text "Design Your Own Stations" appears.

My searches suggest questions about this have already been asked, but I wasn't able to find an answer.

Is there anyone who is both willing & allowed (I'm aware beta access is usually under an NDA) to comment on what this might mean & how it's different from the way stations are already built?

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 09:28

Solomon Short wrote:
Tue, 1. Oct 19, 09:04
At 0:57 of the trailer the text "Design Your Own Stations" appears.

My searches suggest questions about this have already been asked, but I wasn't able to find an answer.

Is there anyone who is both willing & allowed (I'm aware beta access is usually under an NDA) to comment on what this might mean & how it's different from the way stations are already built?
For now consider it just a marketing term over the previous games not X4 it self.

As in X4 you can build (design) your stations in a block (module) by block way.
The Trailer shows extra Split themed module Styles for basic modules and is supposed to add Split unique production modules as well.

So everything we know about Station changes for Split Vendetta is there is a Split Theme and Special Split Ware building blocks.
Any other changes to station building design or the process in general that might exist or not have not been hinted at so do not expect anything to change until there is been talks about it.

I for my part looking forward to the new split modules as they are vertical like the Paranid and should end up as a great match to those.

Would love to see a dedicated Station building DLC that adds a bunch of extra modules to faction tile sets to help with angles and none standard length right now i have fall back to heavy clipping to create my own modules and this is not easy thanks to the station builder it self and in game adds extra load.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

AndrewR
x3

Post by AndrewR » Fri, 4. Oct 19, 12:12

morikaane wrote:
Thu, 19. Sep 19, 17:20

Hopefully there's a spacesuit only start--that'd be a lark.

Cheers,
M.
In Xenon space XD

Andrew

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 06:33

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 28. Sep 19, 23:39
Trailer 0;23, bottom left corner:
https://youtu.be/QC-s7fAhdyw?t=23

Gee, great to see that Split also use the same copy/paste Argon construction ship model as rest of galaxy.

Copy/paste ship model
Copy/Paste ship stats
Slab "Elephant" name plate on it
Job well done
good find. im sick of this half assed copy past all over X4...

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 13:38

Probably is a clone but the video never said that wasnt one of the usual station building ships as it wasnt highlighted and no side window showed saying if it was split or not.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 11. Oct 19, 19:49

Plus: AFAIK there is no release yet.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

happy halfling
x4

Post by happy halfling » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 14:06

Skeeter wrote:
Sun, 29. Sep 19, 14:02

@ 02:08 there's a Medium size ship landing that looks like it has 6 hard points and a couple of turrets. I'm guessing this is the Dragon, and it looks to be everything I was hoping it would be!

Return to “X4: Foundations”