X4: Foundations dlc relase date?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Buzz2005
x4

Re: X4: Foundations dlc relase date?

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 14. Jul 19, 11:06

oh and want to add that the DLC will have a story, the only question is how big

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 13:31

Patch 3 will just advance the sector ownership feature, which doesn't add much to gameplay IMO.
So the thing to wait for is the dlc. Things proceeding as they are, we'll be lucky if it arrives around christmas
X4: Let's do this!
(MSI X99S Gaming7; i7 5930@3.5; 16GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 13:34

Dirk-Jan wrote:
Tue, 23. Jul 19, 13:31
Patch 3 will just advance the sector ownership feature...
Er, no, it will include more than that. Just because we haven't announced some of the other improvements yet, doesn't mean there aren't any.

radcapricorn
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 14:02

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 23. Jul 19, 13:34
Dirk-Jan wrote:
Tue, 23. Jul 19, 13:31
Patch 3 will just advance the sector ownership feature...
Er, no, it will include more than that...
Tease :D

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 14:07

In case you guys have not been paying attention:

Update 3.00
-As some of you may already have figured out, one cool feature of X4 is the ability to own entire sectors and even change their names. With 3.00 we aim to build upon this with a number of features to help you benefit from sector control. You can then basically become your own faction with your own set of rules.
-For all updates, we are working on better missions. At the latest for 3.00 we plan to have a number of new and improved combat missions in particular. An area we want to combine this with is improved research (in the player HQ) and the ability to potentially even move the player HQ to a different location.
-An early gameplay feature that 3.00 will improve is the ability to dock directly at station with a spacesuit and to get other NPC ships to transport you, by offering missions to them.
-With 3.00 at the latest, we want to have at least one new gamestart. There is a chance that this will have some interesting new features.

bmaxa
x4

Post by bmaxa » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 16:05

It would be cool if you could work as captain for some faction, then earn money to buy first ship :P

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 16:27

Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 23. Jul 19, 14:07
Update 3.00
-For all updates, we are working on better missions. At the latest for 3.00 we plan to have a number of new and improved combat missions in particular. An area we want to combine this with is improved research (in the player HQ) and the ability to potentially even move the player HQ to a different location.
This one.
I can't wait for more combat missions - current ones are plain as f*** and there is not many of them (and zero variety in the mission type).
Same with moving my HQ to lietally anywhere else than current position.
New research would be nice, but I'm sure we'll be able to research everything what is new in less than hour.

rene6740
x4

Post by rene6740 » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 17:34

Research at its current state is pretty much useless and only a sub par time gating mechanism for new games. In its current state I would rather have research removed and given to the player by default. it wouldn't make any difference.

I would like to see some resource requirements/missions attached to researching. Something along the lines of the old Xenon Hub gather resource missions and some story elements in between.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 24. Jul 19, 00:27

rene6740 wrote:
Tue, 23. Jul 19, 17:34
Research at its current state is pretty much useless and only a sub par time gating mechanism for new games. In its current state I would rather have research removed and given to the player by default. it wouldn't make any difference.

I would like to see some resource requirements/missions attached to researching. Something along the lines of the old Xenon Hub gather resource missions and some story elements in between.
They should keep what they have for research, if only for the sake of save game compatibility, but add on to it. For instance, be able to research improvements to specific modules or ships, so that ships or modules produced from your shipyards can all have the improved stats. This research would require wares specific to the ship or equipment you are researching. The gateway to even beginning research on ships would be what we have now in place (ie basic, advanced, and exceptional chassis mods, engine mods, shield mods, weapon mods), with a simple time component, but the actual research to get the specific chassis or engine or shield or weapon mods would take resources.

The addition of the ability to reverse engineer might be another cool line of research. You would have to invest a few minutes to be able to begin to reverse engineer small, then medium, then large, then extra large ships. But to get an actual blueprint, you would need the ship itself to break down. Maybe also the ability to reverse engineer engines, shields, and weapons in addition to ship hulls.

This is what I am hoping they have in mind for improvements to research, anyways.

brekehan
x4

Post by brekehan » Wed, 24. Jul 19, 06:37

All features are moot if they don't make the combat interesting.

What's the point of all these features that give the player opportunities to get more power, if there is nothing interesting to overcome?
I've been waiting since launch to get in a combat with my flightstick and throttle and have it actually feel like a dog fight, rather than a predictable short pattern requiring little skills and little resources.
To understand recursion you must first understand recursion.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Wed, 24. Jul 19, 07:35

An interesting approach to have such a well versed communicating website that hardly even flickers with news.
No wonder the game is so boring, you can not even tell us anything at all.

Where is the interest from ES? Fumble bumble, lumber along, have a yuan, may be a stretch them shut you eyes and go back to sleep.
No wonder I have not played the game for a month, now. There is nothing happening.

Shall I come back and take a look in 2025. There might be some news by then.

Wow you guys are useless at communicating. And keeping your customers up to date.

Take a look at other websites with good news feedback and updates.

Goodness gracious grate :!: of nothing………….. :doh:

Novia Star
x3

Post by Novia Star » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 05:33

PR should be a bigger thing. Who doesn't like being told everything about this cool DLC many of us paid for already?

Weekly updates at least with regular projections.
My Digital life is causing gliches !n My r3@L L!f3

vrod
x4

Post by vrod » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 19:41

I agree on PR.
It is relatively cheap to keep your fans pumped up. They also spread the news!

I have a triple screen setup over here with lots of extra tablets and such. I would love to be able to use them for X4. On X3, there was a text file that the user could get access to. It provided for good info.

See here...

https://i.imgur.com/9VPg4XO.jpg <Oversize image replaced with link. Alan Phipps>

Who wants to see X4 in action on this setup?

Scotters
x2

Post by Scotters » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 21:15

I do! I have two mfds, a warthog hotas, a tablet, track ir, and andres jetseat, which I use for falcon bms, Il 2 sturmovik BOS, and I would love support from Egosoft for both the jet seat and the mfds! Plus if we could use the table for the map and giving orders to our other ships, it would be amazing.

Of course, first I want the bugs gone, more ships and races and places to explore, but once that is done in a year or so, it would be great if they added support for all of that stuff!

spankahontis
xr

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 23:01

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 24. Jul 19, 00:27
rene6740 wrote:
Tue, 23. Jul 19, 17:34

They should keep what they have for research, if only for the sake of save game compatibility, but add on to it. For instance, be able to research improvements to specific modules or ships, so that ships or modules produced from your shipyards can all have the improved stats. This research would require wares specific to the ship or equipment you are researching. The gateway to even beginning research on ships would be what we have now in place (ie basic, advanced, and exceptional chassis mods, engine mods, shield mods, weapon mods), with a simple time component, but the actual research to get the specific chassis or engine or shield or weapon mods would take resources.

The addition of the ability to reverse engineer might be another cool line of research. You would have to invest a few minutes to be able to begin to reverse engineer small, then medium, then large, then extra large ships. But to get an actual blueprint, you would need the ship itself to break down. Maybe also the ability to reverse engineer engines, shields, and weapons in addition to ship hulls.

This is what I am hoping they have in mind for improvements to research, anyways.

The Xenon Hub Mission, now THAT was a research Mission.

Why not have Research similar to that for X4, clicking research Teleporters and having it 10 minutes later just seems... WRONG! On so many levels.
Even providing the Boron on the HQ with wares he asks for would be enough for a standard feature.
Or even if the Boron stumbles upon (Later in the Game, 10 hours of gameplay unlocks it) Terran experimental prototype Ships, from Transports to a Battleship. You have to build the ships from the HQ, providing a ton of wares. Once completed, you field test them and you get the Blueprints.
Your own ships that nobody else has, that would be a cool Research feature.

Cause right now, I agree with Rene6740, I don't see a point to it? It's a barebones feature.
My most annoying Bugs list 2.50 [Release] Hotfix 1
--------------------------------
Xenon & Kha'ak Stations wont die STILL HAPPENING :evil:
War Factions are not fighting each other :rant:
Right Comscreen Freezes and breaks :o

Return to “X4: Foundations”