X4: Foundations dlc relase date?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

piotr11
x4

X4: Foundations dlc relase date?

Post by piotr11 » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 17:12

X4: Foundations dlc relase date? and patch 3.0?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4: Foundations dlc relase date?

Post by CBJ » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 17:21

If a date had been announced, you'd see it prominently displayed on the forum and the news page and wouldn't need to ask. :)

spankahontis
xr

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 17:36

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 11. Jul 19, 17:21
If a date had been announced, you'd see it prominently displayed on the forum and the news page and wouldn't need to ask. :)
Is 3.0 at least in alpha stage?
Just knowing that they are testing it in alpha would be enough to know that it is at least on it's way eventually.
My most annoying Bugs list 2.50 [Release] Hotfix 1
--------------------------------
Xenon & Kha'ak Stations wont die STILL HAPPENING :evil:
War Factions are not fighting each other :rant:
Right Comscreen Freezes and breaks :o

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 17:49

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 11. Jul 19, 17:21
Normally I just roll my eyes and ignore threads like these, because it will be announced when you have everything flushed out and ready for testing. However, it's been a month and 1/2 since 2.5 dropped and there's been zero news.

I personally have 846 hours played in X4, ALL at the keyboard and minimal SETA, and only maybe 10 hours of that has been since 2.5 dropped. Mostly because I was playing constantly in Beta 2.5, so I experienced it all before it left experimental. I WANT to play, but there's just so many things that need to be fixed/overhauled and coupled with missing content, continuing to play right now is just going to burn me out before any new DLC can come out. I'd also say, judging by the Steam analytics, most of the community would agree with me.

Therefore, I don't think anybody can blame those still actively playing for wanting to know when we can expect at least some news for the future of the game.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

radcapricorn
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 17:52

They've already named a date once (30 Nov 2018), and as we all know, that date turned out, well, more optimistic than realistic. Even if they did give you a date now, would you expect any different?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 17:58

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 13:05
As you say, timelines are fluid and depend on many factors, some of which are outside out control. Experience has shown that announcing dates when they are still fluid just leads to a forum storm full of accusations that we are lying or incompetent if the dates end up needing to be changed, so we don't do it.

We have already mentioned that there will be a big update to 3.0 around the time of the first DLC, and that we are working on a smaller update with various bug-fixes to be released before that, but we don't have dates for either.

In general, however, you can expect the release rate to become slower over time once the initial critical issues have been addressed, because we can do more productive work on fixes and improvements if we spend less time on builds and releases.
Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend and Nopileos as Kindle e-books!

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 18:00

radcapricorn wrote:
Thu, 11. Jul 19, 17:52
They've already named a date once (30 Nov 2018), and as we all know, that date turned out, well, more optimistic than realistic. Even if they did give you a date now, would you expect any different?
If they're at 90% feature complete for 3.0, and they're just finalizing minor details for 3.0 to enter Beta, then yes, absolutely I would.

Also, considering the post launch announcements and moving forward threads made to appease the community and let us know their game plan after their sketchy launch, I don't think it's unrealistic to ask for some sort of news after a month and 1/2 of silence.

This isn't buildup for launch. They already dropped that ball and we're well beyond that point. Providing news to the players they have managed to retain and keep interested in X4 and provide some teasers to build up excitement will keep those of us watching on the sidelines, as well as the few regular players left from moving on to other, more fleshed out games, where they may not return to buy the DLC.

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 18:11

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Thu, 11. Jul 19, 17:58
CBJ wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 13:05
As you say, timelines are fluid and depend on many factors, some of which are outside out control. Experience has shown that announcing dates when they are still fluid just leads to a forum storm full of accusations that we are lying or incompetent if the dates end up needing to be changed, so we don't do it.

We have already mentioned that there will be a big update to 3.0 around the time of the first DLC, and that we are working on a smaller update with various bug-fixes to be released before that, but we don't have dates for either.

In general, however, you can expect the release rate to become slower over time once the initial critical issues have been addressed, because we can do more productive work on fixes and improvements if we spend less time on builds and releases.
I've read it 100 times already. I don't expect any date set in stone, because that sets expectations that may not be met, as timelines change with priorities.

However, nobody ever complains when there's a quick blurb posted talking about where things are at, and showcasing some teaser screen shots of Split capital ships engaged with a Paranid task force. That at least keeps people thinking about X4.

But at this point I'm REALLY enjoying my time in No Man's Sky to the point I don't even bother to spend 10 minutes loading up X4 to send out another 3 day venture and collect my free stuff. I find that to be highly discouraging.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 02:35

Lazerius wrote:
Thu, 11. Jul 19, 17:49
I agree with basically everything you said, but frankly have to wonder if the lights are still on with those analytics.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 04:49

If you cant say the release date then fair enough but i wonder why there isnt much info about the dlc i mean its on steam (the dlc i mean) its also been sold, some have paid for it like myself, yet paying customers dont know what there getting really and i find that strange from the devs. At least describe what the dlc will contain that you know that it will definatly have in it i mean you have planned it, working towards it now, some features are guarenteed to be in some maybe not but those that are then you could elaborate on a bit or at least hint at even tho i think a full desc is valid since ive paid for it and others have its not like a free content update where you get a vague description of a sentence or two and thats it.

As it stands all i know of the 1st dlc is that its got some split stuff in maybe some sectors etc. Bit more finer details like how many ships, types. New sectors, ok how many are penciled in to be in, anything good about em or are they just split space sectors that will be generic areas? Any missions/plot content in the dlc if so how many missions, 5 or 10 etc. I mean all this is already decided so you could tell us, its paid for we are defo getting it one way or the other lol. Its not like u can say we planned for x but deliver y as u cant say that as the moneys been used now from sales for it. If you did do that as in we planned for x for the dlc but y came out instead then oh man that will be a storm of rage there lol. Which is maybe why ur not saying but if its been planned ages ago, ur in at least mid way development of it then at least stuff is defo locked in for it to be in the dlc so..
i5 3570k cpu 16gb DDR3 1600mhz vega 56 8gb 32" 1440p mon

spankahontis
xr

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 17:52

Skeeter wrote:
Fri, 12. Jul 19, 04:49
If you cant say the release date then fair enough but i wonder why there isnt much info about the dlc i mean its on steam (the dlc i mean) its also been sold, some have paid for it like myself, yet paying customers dont know what there getting really and i find that strange from the devs. At least describe what the dlc will contain that you know that it will definatly have in it i mean you have planned it, working towards it now, some features are guarenteed to be in some maybe not but those that are then you could elaborate on a bit or at least hint at even tho i think a full desc is valid since ive paid for it and others have its not like a free content update where you get a vague description of a sentence or two and thats it.

As it stands all i know of the 1st dlc is that its got some split stuff in maybe some sectors etc. Bit more finer details like how many ships, types. New sectors, ok how many are penciled in to be in, anything good about em or are they just split space sectors that will be generic areas? Any missions/plot content in the dlc if so how many missions, 5 or 10 etc. I mean all this is already decided so you could tell us, its paid for we are defo getting it one way or the other lol. Its not like u can say we planned for x but deliver y as u cant say that as the moneys been used now from sales for it. If you did do that as in we planned for x for the dlc but y came out instead then oh man that will be a storm of rage there lol. Which is maybe why ur not saying but if its been planned ages ago, ur in at least mid way development of it then at least stuff is defo locked in for it to be in the dlc so..

The announcement also mentioned that the Split will have their own 'economy', so i'm thinking Split Modules like Chelt Space Aquariums and Scruffin Farms making a comeback.
Maybe even a whole new playstyle, missions, Factional conflicts etc.?

I agree about a feature list, I don't think it is too much to ask for.
My most annoying Bugs list 2.50 [Release] Hotfix 1
--------------------------------
Xenon & Kha'ak Stations wont die STILL HAPPENING :evil:
War Factions are not fighting each other :rant:
Right Comscreen Freezes and breaks :o

vrod
x4

Post by vrod » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 22:19

A teaser pic or 2 would be nice. Even if it says "work in progress". :roll:

I started a new X3TC game while we all wait.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 23:54

Sharing a few information we could gather in the German forum:
- It is still going to take a lot of time.
- They are still right in the modelling progress for the Split and far from finished
- We are maaaaybe going to see some footage in the next time
. 3.0 is going to be released around the time of the DLC but their might be some more patches inbetween.

If I had to guess, I would say late autumn or winter, in all honesty, from what I heard. It's summer in the northern hemisphere anyway, go out and... play football or soccer... idk, PC stuff is best sold in the cold days of the year :P

Seriously, they are not going to release it from one day to another, and even if they make an announcement it will probably be still another month or two until release. It's not like you are going to miss it.

Code: Select all

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 
This is Tamina. Copy Tamina to your signature to help her achieve world domination.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 14. Jul 19, 01:07

all of this info can be gathered in the english forum as well, they are still way of to give that kind of info and that's why there is no info :D

s1asher
x4

Post by s1asher » Sun, 14. Jul 19, 10:43

I also waiting for patch with great anticipation. Actually there are several really annoying bugs which will anyway force me to restart game (useless factories in some sectors for example) and i really want to restart with 3.0. Ideally with DLC as well.

Return to “X4: Foundations”