Ongoing Suicide frustration V2.5 - fix in future build

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SPiDER
x4

Ongoing Suicide frustration V2.5 - fix in future build

Post by SPiDER » Wed, 3. Jul 19, 12:37

So what I am still frustrated with even though there are sector black lists is that ships will still follow Xeenon into their space and commit suicide at the Wharf..

If the ARG ships can break off pursuit at the Jump Gate..how come this cannot be added to PLAYER combat ships....DONT EVER GO INTO XENON SPACE UNLESS I SPECIFICALLY ORDER AN ATTACK...will some please add this behaviour to my ships.

Or is there a reason this cannot be done?? if so it may relieve mine and some others frustation with this money bin
Last edited by SPiDER on Fri, 19. Jul 19, 10:04, edited 3 times in total.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: Ongoing Suicide frustration V2.5

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 3. Jul 19, 13:07

Could you please provide a save with this happening? Ideally, a save right before it happens with repro steps would be good, but save where it is already happening would be useful in this case.

SPiDER
x4

Re: Ongoing Suicide frustration V2.5 - save needed

Post by SPiDER » Wed, 3. Jul 19, 16:08

I will try and grab one at the time

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 3. Jul 19, 16:29

I am also seeing some of my ships chase enemy ships across the universe. I am playing a modded game so can't provide a save but none of the mods touch the ai combat scripts so this is definitely a vanilla script problem.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Sat, 6. Jul 19, 10:46

Although no save yet I have made some observations which may help.

If you order a ship to attack a Xen ship in Hat 1 if the xenon goes through the accelerator to HAT 3 it will break off the attack and not follow , if however the Xenon goes through the gate into Tharkas XV there is an inconsistant follow/not follow pattern.

both Matrix 79B and Matrix 451 have both been " Discovered " in my game by ships on a Protect Station order.

The problem is inconsistancy to get to Matrix 451 you need to fly through both gates and accelerator's so its not just that.

SPiDER
x4

Re: Ongoing Suicide frustration V2.5 - save provided

Post by SPiDER » Wed, 17. Jul 19, 12:50

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CbB7G ... rs7zd-QF2f

load up this save and hit pause.

open map scroll to Tharkas cascade XV

There are three Peregrines which I have just removed the attack order from and they are now heading back to their protect station assignment in Bright Promise.
There are 2 Osprey's who still have their attack command active whilst also being assigned to the above.
There were 2 Pheonix's which were heading through the gate to Memory of profit which I cancelled before they went through it.

My Observations..
The Bright promise assignment is by far the worst for not breaking off engagemet when out of range followed next by the Station in HAT I next to the gate leading to Morning Star III.

Also this save may provide a good test for removal of the Food and Med station spam

There are now 374 stations in Trinity Sanctom III
There are now 280 Station in Grand Exchange IV
There are now 180 Stations in Argon Prime.

If Hop have spammed one of their sectors I haven't Flown through their space so it may be there too.
Interrestingly ANT dont seem to have spammed any of theirs.

The Teladi Condor is "exploring" 18 Billion and the Pheonix Battle group was " exploring " Company regard.
The PAR core military is off "exploring" Pios Mists XI

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 17:13

Hi,

You don't seem to have a Sector Travel Blacklist set up so your ships are allowed to travel anywhere.

What you do have set up is a Sector Activity Blacklist (named "Blacklist #1"). This is mostly to restrict spaces that your ships will automatically trade in so, with how you have it set up, your ships will not trade with stations in enemy sectors and in the sectors you specified, but they are allowed to go there.

The distinction between the Sector Travel Blacklist and the Sector Activity Blacklist is defined when you first create a blacklist ruleset.

Re: ships protecting the Bright Profit Defence Station leaving their posts to attack a targets in a completely different sector, have to catch the moment when they decide to attack their respective targets. Have set things up in your save to catch the moment this happens as soon as it happens. Been trying to track this down for a while now. Hoping to finally catch the cause and fix it.

Thanks for the save.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 17:47

Ok see what you mean now...have added thanks

SPiDER
x4

Re: Ongoing Suicide frustration V2.5 - Still Happening

Post by SPiDER » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 23:45

After adding the travel restriction Blacklist to include all Enemy plus Ianamus IV and VII the ships on the Bright Promise assingmnet are STILL going into Xenon space. Both the close ones and up to Tharkas as well

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 00:10

Thanks for the follow-up. I still have the test set-up with your save on my machine at work. Will try to do another test run when i can.

Just so you know, with the latest build we have at work, your ships set to protect the station at Bright Promise were no longer leaving their posts to attack ships in other sectors even without the travel blacklist in place, so at least that problem appears to be fixed. Don't know when exactly that fix will make it out the door, however.

That said, your ships in Bright Promise were still acquiring targets in other sectors, just ignoring them. It's this target acquisition that i'm keen on tracking down.

Will also try to test travel blacklist enforcement with that save.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 10:04

thankyou!

SPiDER
x4

Re: Ongoing Suicide frustration V2.5 - fix in future build

Post by SPiDER » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 19:47

Further Observations...

For some reason some of the ships which have been assigned to defend a Pheonix Sentinel which itself is assigned to a protect postion in Bright Promise keep being given a Protect Position Assignment in Ianamus Zura IV by the gate...In the end I have stopped trying to change/delete/reassign and decided to post more ships in that postion to see what happens...but it looks like the game itself is trying to usurp those ships for its own purpose and overiding their commands

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 20:30

That's usually a sign that the commander (your Phoenix Sentinel) wants to go to Ianamus Zura IV and engage hostiles. Most likely another symptom of the same issue.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 22:12

truly weird now that there are a dozen ships posted on the IZIV side of the gate ..they are happy to stay within range and disengage combat when they are supposed to and the three that belong to the Pheonix in BP are happy to do the same ..whereas before they went traipsing all over the galaxy

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 13:10

The last four remaining Peregrines that were assigned to bright promise have now taken up a "Defend Station" command for a Zenon Defense station in IZ IV ( Their default command is still defend the Pheonix Sentinel )

Edit

Just watched them one by one over a 45 minute window fly back to Bright Promse and the Pheonix Sentinel and leave IZ IV ( this was after being in IZ for a couple of hours )

Edit II

and a couple of hours later three of them come back through the gate on Travel drive and retake up the Defend Station command on the Zenon Defense Station again..most Bizzare

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 14:37

Just so you know, i'm looking into this again today to hopefully sort out any lingering issues but, after having spent half the day on it with my diagnostics set (while actively working on something else), it has not happened. Afraid i'll have to leave this unless we get a more reliable repro if it doesn't hit by the end of the day.

To be clear, current state in our current internal build is: if ships on patrol or protecting a position or station acquire targets in other sectors, these are ignored so they don't leave their stations.

Lingering issue i was hoping to catch and fix is that occasional acquisition of targets in other sectors, but that has neither happened in this test run nor has it been confirmed conclusively.

Read your added comments this morning and added diagnostics to catch player-owned ships in your save moving to protect a xenon station, but haven't gotten any instances of that. Looking at the code, there is only one place where it might happen, but that shouldn't ever apply to player-owned ships. But thanks for mentioning it. i'll keep an eye out at least until the end of the day.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 15:07

I'm not sure about them " Acquireing Targets" in another sector but one of the regular things that happen is that an enemy flies through their " sphere " they acquire and attack that target but then dont break off when they move outside the " sphere" they then follow sometimes clear across the galaxy and ignore the enemy space prohibition..hence suicide by xenon wharf

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 18:29

Sorry wasn't clear.
SPiDER wrote:
Mon, 22. Jul 19, 15:07
an enemy flies through their " sphere " they acquire and attack that target but then dont break off when they move outside the " sphere"
This case is fixed.
SPiDER wrote:
Mon, 22. Jul 19, 15:07
I'm not sure about them " Acquireing Targets" in another sector
i saw evidence of what could be ships "seeing" targets in completely different sectors but, at the time i saw it, the game wasn't set up to confirm conclusively. In that case, the ship still ignores the target, so you won't see an effect in-game. At most, what you would see is a pause in the ship's movement, which it often does anyway.

What i am currently trying to track down is this seeing of targets that are way too far away for them to see. Haven't managed to reproduce it since i've set up diagnostics and, since there's negligible effect in-game, can't justify spending more time on it if i don't track it down today. However, if that is indeed the case, there may be other consequences, hence my desire to track it down and fix it.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 18:39

j.harshaw wrote:
Mon, 22. Jul 19, 18:29
What i am currently trying to track down is this seeing of targets that are way too far away for them to see. Haven't managed to reproduce it...
Could it be related to this? I.e. if what we see on the map corresponds to data snapshots available for AI as well, this may explain it. Note especially the latter part of the report: I quite often see ships on map that I'm not supposed to (i.e. they already left sensor range but are still visible in, say, another sector, for some seconds, even on top of fog of war).

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 19:36

@J.Harshaw again thank you.

The one thing that I did notice keeping these sectors under obeservation so closley is that there is a Zenon K id IID6** ( unsure of last 2 didgits ) that is stuck in the exit of the accellerator between Hewas twin I and II occasionally it becomes visible but you cannot target it with ships very often the NPC's leave a laser tower in front of it...I did notice it the very first time I flew through there ...it was there then not...then sort of flew through the K itself..but every now and then it becomes visible

Return to “X4: Foundations”