Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bozz11
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri, 23. Nov 18, 09:54

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by Bozz11 » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 12:59

Hello, Thanks for feedback it 's nice to see more communication
I still hope you make it righjt :)

El Novato
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri, 7. Dec 18, 20:45
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by El Novato » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 12:59

Thank you.

User avatar
Miniding
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri, 14. Dec 07, 12:33
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by Miniding » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 13:17

Glad to see all of those new features and improvements!!! Many thanks for the work done so far as I trully enjoy x4 !!!
Keep up as you always do the good work

Thanks again
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Buzz2005
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat, 26. Feb 05, 02:47
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 13:46

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 02:18
Another focus for 2.00 is to make crew training a bit easier. Crew and pilots gain experience by doing their jobs; more so in some areas than others. However, while the first two stars are very easy to gain, the progress slows down after that. Getting from the 3rd to the 4th star takes a LOT more experience than from the 1st to the 2nd.
Is seminars going to be implemented or Im wasting my time collecting them???

User avatar
Nikola515
Posts: 3020
Joined: Fri, 4. May 12, 07:40
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 13:50

Adding new missions should be priority above anything else. Game is just too shallow and not much to do when it comes to mid/end game. Missions that we have are usually take too long( when you need to find ship) and rewards are too small. This pretty much makes all missions obsolete in mid/late gameplay. Also flying from station to station hoping there is mission you like Is stupid and boring. I thought ego learned this from previous titles :(

When it comes to combat missions war missions are the only chance we have. This is not really choice for many because at this point trading and war don't work together. AI is just too stupid and it will fly trough those sectors and commit suicide..Hopefully blacklisting sectors will fix this and I hope they spawn plain old pirates so we don't have to worry about rep losses with other factions (I hate this about X4).

ONLINE ventures I ignore for obvious reasons :roll: It is actually good idea and feature but I just don't like ONLINE part. Sending free ships for someone to board or bail without any consequences is not that appealing. I personally think making offline featur like Metal Gear Solid V or Mass Effect Andromeda would be much better. Egosoft should take notes from games where this worked...

Anyway I personally wont be starting to play game until 3.0 as there is not much to do until than. I'm also excited to see player shipyards.
Last edited by Nikola515 on Sat, 26. Jan 19, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

dirtybeatfreak
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 21. Oct 08, 20:44
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by dirtybeatfreak » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 14:10

Thanks for the update and all the hard work.

I have two quick questions which may have already been addressed? If not, just knowing they're on the cards would be enough, however long it takes.

Is exploring command going to be fixed, it currently takes FOREVER for a ship to map anything and even then seems to not do a good job.

Is commanding wing members going to improve? It might be me who is useless but I found I had real trouble commanding a S fighter I had on my nemesis. Yes you can command him through the map but if you're all of the sudden in battle would it not be easier to have a button or command to be able to tell your wing/docked ships to go fight too?? I thought you could just right click them, but this really didn't seem to work well?

Thurgret
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri, 29. Nov 13, 18:52
xr

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by Thurgret » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 14:51

Along with resupply ships, is there a chance of having carriers become useful? At present, there is just no sound reason to use them - fighters travel faster by themselves, and don't gain any advantage from being in a carrier. Carriers themselves are very expensive for what you get. I don't want capital ships to become the only sort of ship worth using, but at present, there's no point to them at all.

Looking forwards to the rest otherwise.

radcapricorn
Posts: 1400
Joined: Mon, 14. Jul 08, 13:07
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 14:58

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 12:54
radcapricorn wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 11:31
Are there any plans to bring us players-in-waiting on par with Windows players in terms of Venture missions and unique rewards?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. If you're asking whether the Linux version will support Ventures, then I see no reason why they shouldn't.
So far, you've introduced one "unique" reward for the Ventures when you've launched them. AFAIU, only those Windows players who played the game at the time got a chance to acquire it. Seeing as you're going to work on Ventures more before the Linux version, I assume you may do something similar again. Now, so far it was just a skin, but still, seeing as the game costs the same no matter the platform, players should get equal opportunity to get un-**modified** content into their games, no? Especially given the fact that some of us physically can't participate in such "special" Ventures yet.

User avatar
mr.WHO
Posts: 3851
Joined: Thu, 12. Oct 06, 17:19
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 15:38

Hi Egosoft,
First I'm really pleased with the roadmap.

However I see the lack of note on two important issues:
- what about turrets doing tiny dammage in general?
- If resupply ship with resupply other ships then what is the point of having carriers? Please consider to make carriers more useful!


Edit:
With incoming Shipyards, I'll take my time now to build my military-industrial complex in Nopileos' Fortune.

phrozen1
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri, 30. Nov 18, 12:37
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by phrozen1 » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 16:25

Good to hear what you guys are up to and some of the upcoming features are really nice :)

To me the Review-Guys seems a bit over-exited about the ability to seemlessly land and move on ships/stations.
Yes its a cool feature that can immerse the player pretty good sometimes but it's more or less a gimmick with not so much gameplay value.
In the end of the day you spend most of the time looking at the map. And while i think the UI has good ideas, it's really lacking optimization.

What's the point in showing us this guys review anyway? It fells like you want to tell us "hey look, this guy is really exited about X4, you should be too!".

Personally i'm more looking forward to see improvements in those areas :
- AI (small to grand scale)
- Balancing (Turrets...)
- Music and Radio-chatter behaviour
- Tactical/strategical depth. (make some resources unequally and randomly distributed around the universe on the start of the game?)
- Variety and diversion in the universe.
- Challenging tasks and Longtime-Goals

After all those are topic's which are brought up very often on the forums and steam.

Never the less. Keep it up! We all know X4 will be great :)

User avatar
ei8htx
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun, 30. Dec 12, 05:46
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by ei8htx » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 18:20

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 12:54
peteran wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 06:29
CBJ: This is going to be posted in news on Steam too, right?
It was posted on Steam a few minutes after it was posted here.
Just a heads up, this doesn't show in the Steam News (I see from the link it's a "discussion" topic).

I think most players (or at least me anyway), click through their gaming list (the Library) and check for the news that shows on the page. Currently, the last news item on X4 is an article from PC Gamer on Jan 7.

You can see this at the bottom here:
SpoilerShow
Image

Cinderelli
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri, 30. Nov 18, 20:49
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by Cinderelli » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 18:26

Thank you for posting this roadmap. Unlike other game developers, you are keeping your player base informed. Kudos to your whole team.
Could you please clarify if we will ever get multiple GPU support? There are many of us running SLI setups that want very much to play this game with the full utilization of both of our graphics cards.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
Posts: 37325
Joined: Tue, 29. Apr 03, 00:56
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by CBJ » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 18:38

radcapricorn wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 14:58
So far, you've introduced one "unique" reward for the Ventures when you've launched them. AFAIU, only those Windows players who played the game at the time got a chance to acquire it. Seeing as you're going to work on Ventures more before the Linux version, I assume you may do something similar again. Now, so far it was just a skin, but still, seeing as the game costs the same no matter the platform, players should get equal opportunity to get un-**modified** content into their games, no? Especially given the fact that some of us physically can't participate in such "special" Ventures yet.
Ah, I see what you mean now. As you say it's just one skin; we'll have to see closer to the time what we can do for you.
mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 15:38
However I see the lack of note on two important issues:
- what about turrets doing tiny dammage in general?
- If resupply ship with resupply other ships then what is the point of having carriers? Please consider to make carriers more useful!
As already explained, there will be other bug-fixes and improvements to existing features, both in these major updates and in between. This is just a list of some of the key points.
ei8htx wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 18:20
Just a heads up, this doesn't show in the Steam News (I see from the link it's a "discussion" topic).
We're aware of that. We can't post it up as an actual news until we release something, so it will go up when the 1.60 patch goes live. Thanks anyway.
Cinderelli wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 18:26
Thank you for posting this roadmap. Unlike other game developers, you are keeping your player base informed. Kudos to your whole team.
Could you please clarify if we will ever get multiple GPU support? There are many of us running SLI setups that want very much to play this game with the full utilization of both of our graphics cards.
Up to now we've not specified a particular version of Vulkan, and supporting SLI would mean we'd have to require Vulkan 1.1 for everyone. Not only that but because of the nature of Vulkan, we'd have to do all the work of supporting multiple GPUs; work that is done almost entirely by the drivers when using other APIs. So, this is a tricky one and we can't make any promises on it.

malimber
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 19. Jan 19, 16:04

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by malimber » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 18:45

Hey guys are there any plans to fix the faction missions? The argon vs xenon mission has been broken and reported since launch. Am I going to have to restart?

peteran
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu, 26. Jul 07, 13:01
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by peteran » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 18:52

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 12:54
peteran wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 06:29
CBJ: This is going to be posted in news on Steam too, right?
It was posted on Steam a few minutes after it was posted here.
Well, almost what I was thinking about. It's posted in discussions, but I want it in News so potential buyers see that progress is happening.

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations”