Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 04:38

aleios wrote:
Mon, 24. Jun 19, 15:00
It would be absolutely wonderful if we could get hysteresis on the input, intermediates, and the outputs of stations. I don't know what that manager boy is doing up there in their comfy office chair but it sure as hell isn't managing stocks correctly. There are the usual suggestions of "Oh just don't make massive storage" but come on... really? The ability to halt production either temporarily or entirely is simple QoL.

It would also be nice to see more overhead. Taxation on stations in faction owned sectors, upkeep of crew (credits, food?, meds?). Some sort of upkeep to prevent wealth from spiraling out of control as it currently does. This is X after all. I'd expect it to punch me in the gut every now and then to remind me of my mortality.
I absolutely love the game but man is there too much fire-and-forget happening. The AI proving it's too dumb to manage in the economy as it currently stands. Give it a bit of help. Us humans are cruel as hell to it. No wonder the xenon went nuts.

tl;dr: Too much wealth potential, too many uncontested resources, why would anyone actually bother going to war if not for being murderous death machines or fanatic zealots in this universe is beyond me.
You are my kindred spirit

nuitn0ire
x4

Post by nuitn0ire » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 00:28

Hello, I am fan of the first hour and since 13 years of reading this forum it's my first post, so please, read carefully. Next one in 2032.

Please, add :

- More walking area in the ships. MORE. It's really frustrating to be able only to walk into the ship bridge.. If we open the door, we want to see another room (directly, not by a new instance). Like Star Citizen but without 220M of budget. You can do it (if you start now, yes.. right now !). There are a lot of utility of this, like : repair ship from interior, shoot (fps phase, see next point), accessing to the cargo (as for stole one or defend yours for thiefs), adding more point of view (like windows on space), etc.. Think not only ship, think real usefull FPS phases. You gave us FPS part with X4, please make it really usefull and intersting !

- As we are talking about walking phase, as we are actually able to invade a ship, it should be cool to take part of this by FPS gameplay (a little like Executive Assault 2, for fps part). Imagine yourself approaching the target ship with your troop carrying ship, reaching an entry and load all your troops in the target ship. Taking part of this with FPS phases could be reaaaally nice !

- Improve sounds, it should be really cool to have more sounds in the ship and the stations. More creaks, tremors, damaged sheet metal, consoles sounds, etc.. Add more sounds more globally, to make the game more "lifing" especially in stations and bigs ships.

If you work on this points, you will reach the perfection.

vrod
x4

Post by vrod » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 21:16

While I agree on the "more interiors" on ships (and stations!), I would personally rather see their use going towards empire building and immersion. Boarding in FPS is being done in SC and will be quite nice. No need to duplicate here. I rather enjoy walking around and not having to watch my back.
Think about walking around inside the modules of your own station and being able to tweak them from within. It would give you a reason to walk around them for sure!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 21:25

vrod wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 21:16
While I agree on the "more interiors" on ships (and stations!), I would personally rather see their use going towards empire building and immersion. Boarding in FPS is being done in SC and will be quite nice. No need to duplicate here. I rather enjoy walking around and not having to watch my back.
Think about walking around inside the modules of your own station and being able to tweak them from within. It would give you a reason to walk around them for sure!
No, Egosoft has no experience with FPS shooter gameplay - Boarding FPS is a huge no no.
Interiors for other modules? There are hundred modules!

It's better to make existing interiors like landing pad and HQ interiors more unteresting, useful and interactive (e.g. Bar for recruitment, huge command room with display screens and galaxy map) - this would be far less work intence and would imrove "interior walking mechanics".

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 04:51

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 21:25
vrod wrote:
No, Egosoft has no experience with FPS shooter gameplay - Boarding FPS is a huge no no.

It's better to make existing interiors like landing pad and HQ interiors more unteresting, useful and interactive (e.g. Bar for recruitment, huge command room with display screens and galaxy map) - this would be far less work intence and would imrove "interior walking mechanics".
I dont think FPS combat is completely off the table, Rebirth anyway is has a pretty polished combat experience, I think they could do it. As for better interiors, more varied (race specific) docks etc, I would love this. I love the Rebirth stations and their variety (that 99.9% of players never experienced), I hope for a push towards Rebirth like stations and docks.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 11:53

Just to put this one to bed, there are no plans for any FPS combat in the X series games any time in the foreseeable future.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 13:24

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 5. Jul 19, 11:53
Just to put this one to bed, there are no plans for any FPS combat in the X series games any time in the foreseeable future.
Few months later in some other thread: "Hey, CBJ recently said that soon there's going to be a new X game, a third-person shooter!" ;)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 14:52

Too accurate. :D

vrod
x4

Post by vrod » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 20:31

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 21:25
vrod wrote:

If you re-read my post, you can see that I said there was no need to duplicate FPS within X4. I enjoy the walking around, but I do not wish to go around shooting players.
I agree with making more places to go and use. (medical facility for example, so I can ferry emergency victims there or medical supplies....etc.)

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 20:44

radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 5. Jul 19, 13:24
Hey, CBJ recently said that soon there's going to be a new X game, a third-person shooter!
Great news! Will it have multiplayer??
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 00:50

Artean wrote:
Fri, 5. Jul 19, 20:44
radcapricorn wrote:
Hey, CBJ recently said that soon there's going to be a new X game, a third-person shooter!
Yes, with planetary landings, and over 100 star systems at launch. Plus realistic need for food consumption and bathroom breaks.

Elvenwolf
x4

Post by Elvenwolf » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 07:07

Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 9. Jul 19, 00:50
Artean wrote:
radcapricorn wrote:
Yes, with planetary landings, and over 100 star systems at launch. Plus realistic need for food consumption and bathroom breaks.
Don't forget weapons and munition purchase. Gotta work for it.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 18:00

Artean wrote:
radcapricorn wrote:
WHAT??? No Lootboxes!?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 18:21

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 5. Jul 19, 11:53

Deja-Vu! :roll:
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Elvenwolf
x4

Post by Elvenwolf » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 02:33

spankahontis wrote:
Fri, 12. Jul 19, 18:00
Artean wrote:
radcapricorn wrote:
WHAT??? No Lootboxes!?
It's not Lootboxes anymore. It's 'surprise mechanics" :P :lol:

Novia Star
x3

Post by Novia Star » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 05:11

Cant wait for the Split to come back. Was one of my fav ship styles. That and the poor Boron. YAY for Space Wales! But having a fleet of my own Xenon ships was always fun.

Could use some Pirate sectors though. With their wonky ships slapped together from junk.

Is it wrong to want a pirate slave market again in 2019? lol.
My Digital life is causing gliches !n My r3@L L!f3

fico74
x4

Post by fico74 » Tue, 30. Jul 19, 12:15

Any idea about 3.0 release planning?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 1. Aug 19, 17:47

spankahontis wrote:
Artean wrote:
radcapricorn wrote:
WHAT??? No Lootboxes!?
Actually there are lootboxes in X4, they are called lockboxes and you need to ping them with the scanner. They are random, but fortunately you don't have to pay for them with the real cash.

However the phrase "Ego credits" that is in Venture menu really show there is a backdoor for microtransactions in X4 future.

Myrolite
x4

Post by Myrolite » Sat, 3. Aug 19, 00:43

fico74 wrote:
Tue, 30. Jul 19, 12:15
Any idea about 3.0 release planning?

Elvenwolf
x4

Post by Elvenwolf » Sat, 3. Aug 19, 04:00

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 1. Aug 19, 17:47
spankahontis wrote:
Artean wrote:

WHAT??? No Lootboxes!?
Actually there are lootboxes in X4, they are called lockboxes and you need to ping them with the scanner. They are random, but fortunately you don't have to pay for them with the real cash.

However the phrase "Ego credits" that is in Venture menu really show there is a backdoor for microtransactions in X4 future.
Perhaps for logos and ship skins?

Return to “X4: Foundations”