Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

theborg921
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by theborg921 » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 12:55

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 10:17
CBJ, just a few posts back, wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 19, 11:02
We're not going to give dates for future updates, as they depend on a number of factors including progress on the updates that come before them.
Ah CBJ, I expected somethinl like soon after 2.40 relese :lol: Kep the good work and don not forget to insert some toples split females in the game :)

kyrah
x4

Post by kyrah » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 15:27

I think there were no changes to crew training in 2.0 as postet on first page. Will they come in 2.5? Still changes planed?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:33

There were some changes to crew training in 2.00. There were some adjustments to the balancing of crew skill progression, and we also added display of partial skill stars to one third of a star accuracy, so that you could see that progression more clearly. There may well be more crew training changes in future updates, but I'm afraid I don't have details of if and when these will be released.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 20:16

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:33
There were some changes to crew training in 2.00. There were some adjustments to the balancing of crew skill progression, and we also added display of partial skill stars to one third of a star accuracy, so that you could see that progression more clearly. There may well be more crew training changes in future updates, but I'm afraid I don't have details of if and when these will be released.
I' aprecieate if you would push "mass crew/marines transfer" as high priority - the need to move each and every single NPC crew one by one is nightmare ever since X-Rebirth. I was stunned to see this haven't been adressed in X4 and even made worse (in XR at least marines were moving in bulk with marine officer).

Morleond
x4

Post by Morleond » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 06:21

Hey Egosoft I think I can speak for most of us when I say that so far you have done a great job on the game and we love the game.
I know I speak for all of us when I say that transferring crew and Marines is impossibly tedious. Can we expect a change to the method of transferring crew in a upcoming update? Can it please be in the next one? Simple sliders like on the boarding screen being added to the transfer wares window would be perfect.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 11:19

Morleond wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 06:21
Hey Egosoft I think I can speak for most of us when I say that so far you have done a great job on the game and we love the game.
I know I speak for all of us when I say that transferring crew and Marines is impossibly tedious. Can we expect a change to the method of transferring crew in a upcoming update? Can it please be in the next one? Simple sliders like on the boarding screen being added to the transfer wares window would be perfect.
Using Sliders would IMHO be far from perfect for this task. I would like to select two objects (ship and ship or ship and station), and see their crews in two columns side by side. Especially to see all five skills of each crewmember. Then I want to select all crew members to move and a single button "move now".

Morleond
x4

Post by Morleond » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 02:24

In any case the method of going map>ship>information>crew>full crew list>type of crew>rank of crew> crew member > coms> work somewhere else> right click ship> click select ship> service or Marines> confirm. And then having to repeat
crew member > coms> work somewhere else> right click ship> click select ship> service or Marines> confirm. For every damn marine or crew you want to transfer is the worst design that ever existed and needs to be changed yesterday.

ei8htx
x4

Post by ei8htx » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 07:24

Morleond wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 02:24
In any case the method of going map>ship>information>crew>full crew list>type of crew>rank of crew> crew member > coms> work somewhere else> right click ship> click select ship> service or Marines> confirm. And then having to repeat
crew member > coms> work somewhere else> right click ship> click select ship> service or Marines> confirm. For every damn marine or crew you want to transfer is the worst design that ever existed and needs to be changed yesterday.
Ugh that hurt to read. Because it's true.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 20:27

Morleond wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 02:24
+1 and a full quote just because it's that frustrating.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 10:09

RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 11. Mar 19, 11:19
Morleond wrote:
Using Sliders would IMHO be far from perfect for this task. I would like to select two objects (ship and ship or ship and station), and see their crews in two columns side by side. Especially to see all five skills of each crewmember. Then I want to select all crew members to move and a single button "move now".
Suggested just that quite a while ago.
I'd like to add (again) moving the Promote Captain, should be second in the drop menu so you don't accidently override a skilled Captain. ie. You're half way through doing transfers, something happens, scan for illegal goods/fight, etc. and it decides to Promote anyway :evil:

This should be as easy as buying ship upgrades with double windows for each list, then just selecting the crew member(s) hit a button in the middle to transfer to right window. You should also be able to use this after choosing which ship from your fleet, now if you're doing this while not in control of each ship, then the AI should take each ship to a dock and do the transfer for you.

Maybe this could be an addition to the supply ships, where each of those pickup and take those crew members to the assigned ship for deployment.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 19:40

RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 11. Mar 19, 11:19
Morleond wrote:

Sweet Jumping Jesus, yes. It is infuriating to move a large number of personnel! :evil:

ETA: And I also concur that this game is pretty amazing outside a few of these issues so I don't want to bash. I'm hooked, I like it a lot.

Morleond
x4

Post by Morleond » Mon, 18. Mar 19, 22:23

Hey CBJ is there any materials we can see that tell us more about resupply ships? Or could you give us a good idea of their function?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 18:15

If we're about more material, how about some screenshots from Split DLC? Or is it too soon?

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 00:17

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote: ↑
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 14:58
I am seeing some things that would make Life, and thereby Combat Much simpler...
First, it looks as though Larger Ships Work Better with Formation Than Smaller Ones do. Corvettes still Lag Behind Most of the time, and are Not near the area when Needed.
Also, I would be REAL NICE To Find The Command: "Wing Attack My Target" on the Main Flight Screen when I Right Click The Target Instead of HAVING To go to The MAP View to Give That Order...
If I am Far Enough away from my Target to do that, Then The Other Smaller Fighters Do Respond Quickly Enough, But If The Situation Is a Bit Hairy, Then, often, there is No Time To Get to the Map View to Give Commands, and more often than not The Proximity of smaller ships is not in my area of combat. They Lag behind mostly out of My Radar Range.

Hope this is the correct place for the Wish List...

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Tue, 14. May 19, 13:17

The Next Steps in the Development of Foundations Would "Take A major Leap" if they would ADD In The Radar System the Rebirth Has!!

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 14. May 19, 13:28

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Tue, 14. May 19, 13:17
The Next Steps in the Development of Foundations Would "Take A major Leap" if they would ADD In The Radar System the Rebirth Has!!
??? As far as I can see, it's the same. Plus Satellites that X:R didn't have.

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Wed, 15. May 19, 15:37

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but making sentinels more "sentinel" would be nice. I just compared Colossus VG and S options and noticed the main difference is some more hull and less speed. No extra weapons or shields?

Ordogg
x4

Post by Ordogg » Wed, 15. May 19, 21:47

Can you add back in some of the complexity that from X3 and other past X Games? why remove some of the things that worked and people liked.

And also fix the invincible station bug!

I'd be happy with these three changes:
Invincible stations FIX!
Drone controls. Seriously, every time I target a enemy they deploy.. No why..
Turret configuration for stations (Aggressive mode) to create a real "Defense" station, not just in name sake.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 29. May 19, 17:50

Faustov wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 15:37
Not sure if it was mentioned before, but making sentinels more "sentinel" would be nice. I just compared Colossus VG and S options and noticed the main difference is some more hull and less speed. No extra weapons or shields?
Think he's talking about the Station Radar Modules that didn't work and still don't. Rebirth still needs fixes.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 06:35

I would like to point out I have a rat chewing through my kitchen floor ! Any chance the Xenon could go under my house and blast them !

:evil:

Return to “X4: Foundations”