Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

Re: What is next? Boron or Terran DLC?

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 09:48

Maybe its time to introduce a new race for a change instead of a old one, might be more fun.

That or a proper campaign as the dlc next time instead of a race pack dlc?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 2nd expansion content and 4.0?

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 09:53

We haven't made any announcements regarding future updates or the content of the second DLC, but I think it's safe to say that, as usual, we will continue updating the base game as well. However I'm not going to suggest that you wait for the "final final" update before you play the game. You might actually get more value from the game by playing it now with the content and features it has, and then getting a "second wind" to play some more when the next update and second DLC come out. :)

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 10:04

Yeah, we need terrans! And a khaaks improvement (with capital ships)
It won't be an huge work I suppose, and, yeah borons, I will like to see them but it's more ambitious.
How will be their bridges? Full of water? And borons swim inside? But what about you? Do you wear your suit?
And how do you change from a human to a boron captain? Will you fill the bridge of water or tell the boron to wear a space suit? :mrgreen:
I'd like to see, for example, a plot with ALI that open us to more sectors, where we discover terrans again.

Who knows? Did Egosoft ask for the community what we wanted?
Last edited by Général Grievous on Fri, 3. Apr 20, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 10:05

IRaven wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 02:08
As far as i know its still in the same state (Germany)
Well honestly this really depends on your point of view in my opinion. Like, for me the state of the game has definitely gone south, but I'm playing from Italy, you know.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 10:12

I was kinda hoping on a new race, but it'd be strange for it not to be the Boron, considering there's one already in the game. - However, the introduction of walking around stations made it very hard for Egosoft to incorporate non-air breathers without them looking a little strange.

It'd be good to have the Khaak developed, and maybe a different insectoid race at war with them that becomes a (possible) ally.

I guess copyright means we can't have the Borg, LOL. I... I've always had a thing for Seven of Nine. :)
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 10:18

I really don't undestand people bitchin' about adding new race while we still miss Terran, Boron and Xenon, Khaak, ALI, Pirates and even base race still miss many ships.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 10:23

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 10:18
I really don't undestand people bitchin' about adding new race while we still miss Terran, Boron and Xenon, Khaak, ALI, Pirates and even base race still miss many ships.
Yeah, that's it. I agree.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 10:45

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 08:39
Kane Hart wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 07:07
Clearly needs Multiplayer DLC ;)
Dont get my hopes up lol...i wish i could invite a friend into my universe or join his.
haha, You never know it's always been something the devs wanted to do at one point. I think the idea was they wanted to do MP and then even MMO further down the road. Sadly I think their best to sticking close to X3/X4 games that being said I hope they do consider some day adding it as a feature over top.

Even some sort of very basic interactions would be fun it's kind of dumb but even remember some games having players show up as wisp's, etc in other games even though they were SP... Be kind of cool to see ghosts of others haha. Maybe just the player themselves

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 11:01

Aken_Bosch wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 10:05
Well honestly this really depends on your point of view in my opinion. Like, for me the state of the game has definitely gone south, but I'm playing from Italy, you know.
Not really following the conversation, just quoting this to savor a pun well made. :D

MFG

Ketraar

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 11:10

Always a pleasure :D

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 14:25

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 10:18
Do not forgot the Yaki and the Goners.
And Goners are mandatory as a real Kha'aks threat, to open a portail to Sol again.
Else we cannot have terrans.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 14:34

hargn wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 14:25
Do not forgot the Yaki and the Goners.
Yaki turned into Beryll corporation and got stuck in Albion somewhere between X3:AP and XR. Yaki as we know are gone. We also already have plenty of Pirate factions that need some love (SCA, Duke Bucanners, Fallen Families, HAT).

Goners also don't make much sense - they were working as a religion about Earth - once Sol got reconnected its' no longer religion, but fact. Also with Argon-Terran war they could be trieated as spies/traitors.
I think that whatever left out of Goners propably joined ALI (charity and relief organization - kinda like something to fill the void after Goners gone - also ALI is in need of love too).

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 15:35

Goners could be remade into a sect worshiping the ancient ones perhaps and there the only ones u can talk to about that stuff?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 16:28

Skeeter wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 15:35
Goners could be remade into a sect worshiping the ancient ones perhaps and there the only ones u can talk to about that stuff?
No point of adding another minor faction when there is plenty of work left with ALI, HAT, SCA.

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:22

The developers have done a lot of work on the HAT, the story campaign is very cool.
If Egosoft continues to create such story campaigns, X4 will be like the Witcher 3 in space.

lsengrim

Post by lsengrim » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:12

Thanks a lot to all Ego team for a great work with the whole game. It becomes closer and closer to perfect condition! Please make more DLCs like SV, money is not a problem for all fans, i believe so! Please hear the wishes of your fan base:
1)Economics, flights, ships and other mechanics are good, and thats the "base" of the game, but at the moment it has a lack of lore, plot and some kind of "soul", which were the positive sides of classic x3. If i can say so, the game feels "sterile". It becomes mostly obvious on stations, you dont really want to visit it, because the pirate station is similar to trade station, argon similar to teladi etc. Please make stations interesting and different, and give us a reason to WANT to visit it, or this "pedestrian" mechanics will be just a burden.
2)Animations, X is not a kojima horror game
3)Make more features of the HQ. I do not have many reasons to visit it now.
4)Make more different software. The "software " mechanics was great in x3 (sorry for comparing). We had exclusive soft from different factions , it was expensive but it was worth that.
5)Getting Ingame money is easy now. Thats a problem i think. You do not feel a real satisfaction earning it. Economics works great, but i think, there are 3 reasons:
-Small sectors. You dont feel Space as it is. You can deliver goods from one end to another for 4 min.
-It is business.If you want to make business, you have to give something. What about paying some money to crew, pilots (depending of their stars)? The second point is fuel. Are spaceships fly with the help of holy spirit? You already have energy cells. Make ships use it somehow. It will give pilots a reason to use their brain more.
- No real threat. I remember time of x3 when i was leaving a pirate sector with shaking wet hands just to sell some microchips. Now i feel just safety everywhere. Space is Not a safe place)
Thanks for attention!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 13:35

When can we expect post 3.0 roadmap and information about DLC 2?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 13:41

There's no point in asking for dates for announcements; we'll make them when we are ready. Right now we're fully occupied dealing with the feedback and issues coming out of the 3.00 release.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 23:49

Egosoft could you please consider the implimentation of nvidia DLSS? You would probably need to talk to Nvidia about it, but if you do work on this you could get some very good marketing on the next driver update install images etc. I think the tech would work wonders in X4 because of how different it is to most games.
Please consider.

valos
x4

Post by valos » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 13:28

For me the emergency are to work on think make the game look like unfinished, and i'ts for my point of view.

many item in encyclopedia dont have description.
It's need some "campaign like" mission for integrated lore and better understanding of the x4 world and the objective of each faction. (for exemple in mission guild)

we can't manage y axis wen give order to ship.
It would be better if the merchant ship awaiting order, stayed on their station, instead of going around in space, full of xenon, Kha'ak and pirate.
It's need more option for carrier, for exemple, if i want put my ships inside i cant
The IA of heavy ship are the same as small one (at least for those of the player), result of great inefficiency.

Station imported from X: rebirth is pretty, but remains immortal, it's a problem because IA (Argon federation or GodRealm of the Paranid) spends this force to tempt to destroy them and not going back until it's done (and Tharka's Cascade XV environment are corrosive and desintegrate argon fleet again and again)
l'organisation est la base de tout succès
dual boot (64bit): mageia 3/win 7
16,0 Go DDR4 Canal-Double en 14-14-14-35;
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (3.2 ghz); RX480 8Gb

Return to “X4: Foundations”