Economy Flow Charts

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Economy Flow Charts

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 11:25

Hi there,

X4 has introduces some weid and wonderful new wares like Superfluid Coolant, Claytonics and ship equipment.

In case like me you were wondering which thingamy and sprocket you need to make a widget, I've mapped out the economy across 3 flow charts.

I've placed them on the X4 wiki in case they are useful to anyone:

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... low+Charts

Depending on whether you feel supplying minions with food is optional or not, there are 4-6 manufacturing tiers: from harvesting raw materials to assembling ships/stations/equipment.

Regards,
Sparks

Grimmrog
x4

Re: Economy Flow Charts

Post by Grimmrog » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 11:28

Why is the ingame logic showing those flows from left to right, while everoyne and their grandma in the internet makes them top down?

Wouldn't it be more logical to design the way the game shows it exactly how people usually picture it?

tSpecR

Post by tSpecR » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 11:38

These charts are handy thanks

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 11:42

Very interesting. Cheers.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Adalphage
x4

Post by Adalphage » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 11:52

Hey Sparky Sparkycorp! Nice work man! Pretty useful and handy flow charts, I will use it a lot while planning my stations in my saves. Cheers! :D

EmperorDragon

Post by EmperorDragon » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 11:53

Thanks a lot man! Economy flow charts are extremely useful in any X game.

Here's another one I used in the meantime, I did not create it so no credit to me. I think I grabbed it off Reddit if I remember correctly.

“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

fipmip

Post by fipmip » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 11:56

slightly off topic but I cant find one of these for any of the x3 iterations.

Adalphage
x4

Post by Adalphage » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 12:13

fipmip wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 11:56
I didn't play X3, I'm new to the series. But... Well, I read your reply to the post and I went to google, put X3 flow charts and the first image I get back was just what you are searching. So... :roll: :roll:

El Novato
x4

Post by El Novato » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 12:41

Nice addition.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 12:54

Looking at this makes me want to build THE all in one complex loool. I can just imagine it built in the tiers like you laid out :o

fipmip

Post by fipmip » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 13:04

Adalphage wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 12:13
fipmip wrote:
I didn't play X3, I'm new to the series. But... Well, I read your reply to the post and I went to google, put X3 flow charts and the first image I get back was just what you are searching. So... :roll: :roll:
oh lol. I was looking for something like 'x3 product relation' before and got nothing. hehe me dumb

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 13:10

This is great to have on the wiki, thanks Sparky. Did you get any of this confirmed by a dev so it is definitely accurate? :)
Admiral of the Fleet.

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 13:11

Adalphage wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 12:13
fipmip wrote:
thats probably some individual search history thingy, when I google "X3 flow charts" none of the images ont he first site even are related to any X games. it's all about some diangrams and sciency related stuff.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 13:20

Thanks for all the warm receptions :)
Vandragorax wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 13:10
This is great to have on the wiki, thanks Sparky. Did you get any of this confirmed by a dev so it is definitely accurate? :)
Ha! Good question - no, I didn't :)

As you can see in my reply at the bottom of the wiki page, the flowcharts are based on DrSuperEvil's helpful table of production modules. I did double-check a few steps in the in-game encyclopedia so I'm pretty confident it's OK. Please let me know if/when you find errors later!

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 13:23

Certainly, I will be using this to help me set up some more complex stations. Already managed an Advanced Electronics factory by looking at the NPC stations producing them which helped a lot, but I'll use this wiki page going forward and report back if there are any discrepancies :)

Thanks again, really nice and simple-to-follow charts.
Admiral of the Fleet.

Return to “X4: Foundations”