scanning stations - which module next

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

scanning stations - which module next

Post by kuertee » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 01:43

How do I determine which module still needs to be scanned?

Can someone explain the colour coding?
I find them too subtle.
And sometimes a green-coloured module would change after a fly-by, and sometimes it wouldn't.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

TheGreenman
x4

Re: scanning stations - which module next

Post by TheGreenman » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 04:53

I can't remember which color corresponds to which type of module, but they're colored the same as when you build a station.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 05:58

Would you know how to determine which modules have been scanned and which haven't?
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 06:31

Go to your map, make sure the "Object list" thing is selected (top left) as opposed to only your own property etc.

Click on the station you are scanning and expand it, there should be sub-categories for each type of module (storage, production, habitat, etc.)

The modules you have not yet scanned show up as "???" within these categories. Clicking on one will highlight it on the station image in the map interface (you need to zoom way in to see it in enough detail).
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 17:00

ahh nice, thank you.

the overall game's pretty good - albeit a bit too "loose" in regards to tutorials.

but when you think they've missed something, you find that they actually haven't.
It's just that what you think they've missed exists in one UI/game-mechanic or another - when you really think about it.
it only requires the player to think one step over.
current games, which hand-holds us to EVERYTHING, may have spoilt us.

E.g. we expected waypoints for the "deliver foodstuffs" mission which clearly states "deliver foods to our stations in X", when it's actually obvious (in hindsight) that we need to deliver the items to stations that require/ask for the foodstuffs.

Galinet
x4

Post by Galinet » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 11:16

I tend to focus my scans on production (and some habitat and storage modules) since those are the highly valuable ones (worth 1,10,20 millions). What's missing from the game is an indication that a we do not "have" a particular structure.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 15:46

Galinet wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 11:16
What's missing from the game is an indication that a we do not "have" a particular structure.
Whilst it doesn't help with this point in the context of the HUD UI, I have added a section on "Station Module Blueprints to" the X4 Manual's "Station Building and Management" page. This indicates how a player can see what BPs they have and what BPs they may be missing.

Return to “X4: Foundations”