"Always online" to build Venture Modules?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

"Always online" to build Venture Modules?

Post by Scoob » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 19:53

Hey all,

Of course, I know we need to be online for any sort of player Venture activity, but how about just setting things up?

I've built a fresh station yet have run into issues:

Firstly, the "S/M Venture" and "Venture Platform" modules are greyed out with the red tooltip saying "No more copies of this module are available in your venture inventory".

Secondly, other modules, such as "Venture Base 01" etc. while not greyed out and are able to be placed in the build view, but they don't connect to anything - there's no "snap" when connection points line up and the modules are in proximity.

I'm currently offline, with no internet access on the Gaming machine, so is this feature an "always online" thing if we want to use it at all? I don't mind popping online - connection permitting - so send a venture somewhere or get some in return. However, needing to be Online just to build any of the modules seems a bit of a harsh restriction, if that's the case.

Regardless, "Venture" builds are unavailable to me currently, while Offline. Is this a deliberate design choice, or do I have a bug / issue?

Scoob.

TDQuasar
x4

Re: "Always online" to build Venture Modules?

Post by TDQuasar » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 19:57

I made a little video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXd6yhqOxlQ

You have to put down the Venture Platform first then other venture modules will connect to this one.
X4 Foundations videos ***NOT MODIFIED***
X Rebirth Vanilla Plot videos
X Rebirth videos
I also have a lot of older ***NOT MODIFIED*** X3 videos.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:00

TDQuasar wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 19:57
I made a little video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXd6yhqOxlQ

You have to put down the Venture Platform first then other venture modules will connect to this one.
The "Venture Platform" is unavailable for me, "No more copies of this module are available in your venture inventory". Hence I cannot even start a build.

Totally vanilla game, so I wonder about the online requirement for building.

Scoob.

hufflazon

Post by hufflazon » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:01

Did you go into the online settings and log into your egosoft account?

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:02

Some people have reported that logging out and in again in the Online Features menu will fix the missing modules. I don't know if you also have to register the game on the forum.

TDQuasar
x4

Post by TDQuasar » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:06

As the others said connect your accounts, that should solve it. By the way 1.50 fixed the ship skin issue too for me, now I have access to my pre-order etc. skins via the same Steam/Forum connection.
X Rebirth videos

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:06

hufflazon wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:01
Did you go into the online settings and log into your egosoft account?
I'm Offline, that's my point and the question I was asking.

It looks like we have to be online to use all aspects of this feature then. We cannot simply set up our Venture Modules, then go online when ready. It seems an odd choice to have to be Online through the entire build - I mean, what happens if my Internet goes out, will my save break?

This is a shame, I spend a lot of time offline for various reasons.

@Juggernaut93 - I'll test logging in once, and see if that unlocks things. Perhaps that initial step is required, i.e. log in at least once. I have already logged in in the past to get my Pre-Order paint jobs and register my game...let me try that now... Internet is behaving today it seems!

Edit: My game is the GoG version btw, and there do appear to be differences to the Steam version in some aspect. I.e. the 1.50 update was 2.2 GB - yes, two point two Gigabytes - for me.

Edit 2: Just checked, all my credentials have been wiped...need to re-enter them.

Scoob.

TDQuasar
x4

Post by TDQuasar » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:09

I think (hope) it's enough if you are online when you connect the accounts, after that you don't need to be. Although, you will only be able to send ships on ventures when online obviously.
X Rebirth videos

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:11

So, I logged in and the Venture modules became available - looks like my credentials got delete by an update.

Also, which is good, I lost internet connection yet the modules were still available.

It looks like we need to log in again, at least once, to "unlock" certain Venture modules. Hopefully the Game will remember me this time...

Scoob.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:14

Juggernaut93 wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:02
Some people have reported that logging out and in again in the Online Features menu will fix the missing modules. I don't know if you also have to register the game on the forum.
Closing and restarting the game worked for me during the beta:

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... e+features

If that is incorrect now, please let me know and I'll fix the Manual :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:17

Oh, just in case any of you happen to visit me in one of my Online moments: "Get orf my laaand!" :)

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations”