A Challenge for you all

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kamuchi_
x4

Re: A Challenge for you all

Post by Kamuchi_ » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:16

If only the explore command would work, I'd send 500 disposable ships on a jurney

Arghan

Post by Arghan » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:17

Kamuchi_ wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:16
If only the explore command would work, I'd send 500 disposable ships on a jurney
Yeah... manually exploring those stuff (so mark ship to fly whole circle, back in 3-5 minutes and explore this ring again is quite micromanagement heavy.

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:22

Arghan wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:17
Kamuchi_ wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:16
Yeah... manually exploring those stuff (so mark ship to fly whole circle, back in 3-5 minutes and explore this ring again is quite micromanagement heavy.
Not to mention you can't just tell it to fly in a straight line, you'd end up "hugging" the edge and keep telling it to creep forward into micro managment hell :sceptic:

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:49

lordmuck wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:58
Chris0132 wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:54
There's what looks very much like the wreck of the
Spoiler
Show
#deca mothership
floating around in a xenon sector.
I think its also in the encyclopedia, but cool find tho. Did you make sure to search it for the switches like data vaults have?
I haven't actually found any interactable parts on wrecks, I did have a look at it though, just a wreck as far as I could tell.

Invasion

Post by Invasion » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:01

No, go find them yourself
Tired of childish challenges as a way to get people to find you what you want
<Blunt Threadslayer>
Making you sweat today, so you won't have to bleed tomorrow

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:07

radcapricorn wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:10
TheEarl wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:04
Maybe you only discover the secret bysending ships on expedition.
But I only read the steam achievement and know that you can send ships on expeditions and hope they can come back.
I don't have a clue how to do this.
Those are "ventures", a feature that is yet to be presented.
Sorry for my English, in German it is called expedition and I didn't expect it is different in English.

"... a feature that is yet to be presented." means to be implemented ?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:19

TheEarl wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:07
Sorry for my English, in German it is called expedition and I didn't expect it is different in English.

It's not your English, probably just different terms used in different localizations. On an English version, there seem to be two achievements: "In a Galaxy far, far away: send a ship on a venture", and "Back home: have a ship successfully return from a venture". And yeah, when asked in an interview about that particular feature a week ago, Bernd only said that it would be revealed "soon" (tm).

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:20

radcapricorn wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:19
TheEarl wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:07

It's not your English, probably just different terms used in different localizations. On an English version, there seem to be two achievements: "In a Galaxy far, far away: send a ship on a venture", and "Back home: have a ship successfully return from a venture". And yeah, when asked in an interview about that particular feature a week ago, Bernd only said that it would be revealed "soon" (tm).
So it's either notimplemented yet or ther emight be a rift thats kinda a one way superfar jump.

cormas
x4

Post by cormas » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:24

Invasion wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:01
No, go find them yourself
Tired of childish challenges as a way to get people to find you what you want
already said I would, stuck in the north sea though because the chopper supposed to pick us up had to emergency land on one of the 2 helipads out here because a sensor detected metal shavings in the fluid system of the helicopter.
the other pad is on a floating living rig but we are rocking 10 metre waves at the moment and the pad is red lit due to the tilt of the platform regularly goes above 10-15 degree's
also why click on a link where the actual title issues a challenge if you are tired of challenges?

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:06

radcapricorn wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:07
lordmuck wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:52
Karvat wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:22
Where did they say this?
+1 for the answer to this question please
From the horse's mouth:
https://youtu.be/2hRC4pBl7qM?t=354
I listened twice from your start time and did not hear anything of the sort that there is something to find that we have not found.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:20

lordmuck wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:06
I listened twice from your start time and did not hear anything of the sort that there is something to find that we have not found.
:?
"There can be a lot of things beyond the border of what you see initially. ...there can be things, stations, everything, beyond this border..."

ravisoul
x4

Post by ravisoul » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:26

See the Wiki for more info https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... on+Modules

Venture: Special modules with unique functions which are usually the rewards of plots

dont know if this is already implementedbut at least there is a description there :roll:

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:51

radcapricorn wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:20
lordmuck wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:06
:?
"There can be a lot of things beyond the border of what you see initially. ...there can be things, stations, everything, beyond this border..."
AH yeas, but not some secret OMG unique, must find thing like the OP/other comments are sort of leaning towards.
Dumb asteroids, random ships S ships! only S ships...
The only thing I found at 100k ++ km was a crappy transporter thing. Its in my abandoned ships upload

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 05:21

Ive found an abandoned destroyer in a Xenon sector and a Cerberus so far.

But if there really is something special it cant be a ship model or sector, otherwise we would already know since it will be on the game files. Like what happened with the Aran in X3, first we knew it was there and that it had a chance to spawn on the UFJ, then we found it, and several months later we found out it could be boarded because of a oversight. THAT WAS ONE EPIC MOMENT in X history, to the point i not sure why there ist a easter egg about it.

Considering the posibilities, im not sure if this wild goose chase will be worth the effort, the universe economy of engine parts is way too fragile atm for be to go and order 30 scout ships. On top of that the explore command is just broken.

fipmip

Post by fipmip » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 10:09

cormas wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:15
The Dev's keep saying there is something we have not found yet, so I challenge you all to max out the borders of your systems and get your explorers exploring every nook and cranny of the expanded systems.

do not trust mods to show you everything there is. SOMETHING is waiting out there, there simply is has to be.
YOU could be the one to find it.

I am stuck in the north sea without ability to play the game as I have been for over 2 weeks now.
when I get home im going to mine some crystals, get 15 miners going and then using the revenue I get to this express purpose.

I will buy the fastest ship out there, I will max out every border, I will set several explorers for every sector to remove every bit of fog of war there is... im just a bit sad this has not already been done.
the old x3 crowd I knew would be all over that already instead of moaning about lack of content in the game.
this is kinda like wow classic vs wow today.
in wow classic you explored every freaking hut and bush looking for quest givers, you read the quests for clues on how to proceed.
in wow today you do not even read the quests, you follow the arrows, you bypass entire villages that don't have a ! symbol.

just because blizzard dumbed their games down to feed the zombie players of today does not mean egosoft has done the same thing.
so get of your butts, EXPLORE! THINK!

when I get home (today hopefully or maybe tomorrow) if I am the first one to do this it will be a sad day indeed.
Where? where have the devs said there is something we havent found yet?

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 17:26

Well guys don't bother with Hewa's Twin V.

I thought there will be something cause of the sector description. However it just likely refers to the ship wrecks inside the central asteroid field.
Spoiler
Show
If this is what waits in most sectors than this zooming thing is officially pointless.

Took me half a day in SETA to get to this big pile of nothing.

{Tags added - Terre}

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:19

Stop spoiling, you. :rant: At least hide it under a tag. I want to have at least some things left to discover (or fail to).

lukadra90

Post by lukadra90 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:33

csaba wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 17:26

I thought there will be something cause of the sector description. However it just likely refers to the ship wrecks inside the central asteroid field.

If this is what waits in most sectors than this zooming thing is officially pointless.

And I'm mapping grand exchange sectors.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:59

radcapricorn wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:19
Stop spoiling, you. :rant: At least hide it under a tag. I want to have at least some things left to discover (or fail to).
I whish I've spoiled anything..... Unless you meant the sector itself.
lukadra90 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:33
csaba wrote:

Yea I'm doing grand exchange III atm. Started Company regard but quickly gave up.

lukadra90

Post by lukadra90 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 21:38

csaba wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:59
radcapricorn wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:19
I whish I've spoiled anything..... Unless you meant the sector itself.
lukadra90 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:33
csaba wrote:

Yea I'm doing grand exchange III atm. Started Company regard but quickly gave up.
Ok, I'm finishing grand exchange I, then I'll do IV.

Return to “X4: Foundations”