X4 Station / Complex Calculator

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

reanor
x4

Re: X4 Station / Complex Calculator

Post by reanor » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 22:00

pref wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 19:12
reanor wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 17:40
If you add storage amount and type requirement, your calculator would be complete.
You see the production/consumption volume for each ware, which is the only info needed to plan storage.
The calculator has no idea what storage is "enough" for your situation.
How do I calculate total minimum storage required? Forget the type, I can figure that out.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 06:07

reanor wrote:
Mon, 13. Apr 20, 22:00
How do I calculate total minimum storage required? Forget the type, I can figure that out.
Sorry, i confused this one with another calculator for X3. It doesn't display any volume info unfortunately.

Generally refined resource products need a volume of ~33k per hour, intermediates around 15k, high tech wares around 10k.
Max cycle time is i think 20 mins for ship components and 30 for weapon/turrets and it drops as you go lower in the prod tree.

So i'd say absolute min is about half the hourly volume (or less with lower tech end product as those have quicker cycles) plus whatever amount of end product you want to stock.
Though keep in mind that storage quota ratios will be set by the manager so their ratios will probably not change and all quotas will increase together as you increase capacity, and quotas will also change when you attach a wharf to your complex ime (ship component quotas might increase).

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Mon, 20. Apr 20, 00:11

So where's all the links to people's beautifully designed stations? I expected to see a bunch in this thread, but none? Shame on you all!

Just so I'm not a hypocrite, here's one of mine. Nothing fancy, but I'm not very good at the game yet.
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

AshesOfHegemony
x4

Post by AshesOfHegemony » Mon, 20. Apr 20, 00:50

@Crissian would it be possible to design a "web map" that shows the minimum station modules are needed for one station module to be self sustaining? It seems complicated, but it would simplify the whole station building process so you would know exactly how many modules you need to produce X product before you even start building. It would almost be like a reverse production flowchart. For example, hull parts is a major bottleneck, so if i need to add 10 more hull parts modules to my factory it would show how many x energy cell modules, x refined metals, x graphene modules. Then as you add on other T3 modules it tells you in a visual flow chart how many modules you need and you can change the module amounts on the fly. If you could imagine it would look almost exactly like an inverse of the "logical station overview" in the game. This would help people like me who are very visual and need something to look to more easily pre-plan a station.

___________________________________|====> x energy cells/hr (x modules)
hull parts (10 modules) ====>|needs---->
___________________________________|====> x refined metals/hr(x modules) ====> (x ore/hr)
___________________________________|
___________________________________|====> x graphene/hr (x modules) =====> (x methane/hr)

Whenever you change the hull parts modules to say 11 the graphical display would update the X values to show the proper minimum station module values.....i hope that makes sense? You could also add in a population slider that shows how many popluation modules you would need to reach y% efficiency. This could be expanded to simulate the needs of a whole factories x values and tie directly into your calculator. It would be much simpler than spending hours guessing while doing station layouts and would really be a nice cherry on top of your already wonderful calculator.
Last edited by AshesOfHegemony on Tue, 21. Apr 20, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Mon, 20. Apr 20, 20:54

Could you add a feature that when I add new modules to an existing complex, it somewhere shows a list of the newly added modules?
That would make it easier to plan complex expansion, without having to manually keep track of which modules you just added to the existing plan.
Something like a diff between the last saved complex version and the current plan. :)

RPINerd
x4

Post by RPINerd » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 04:21

I've searched a ton via the googles and can't find anywhere that lets you "build fleets" and see the amount of resources that a loadout will cost.. I know you have some bits here and there about ships and wares on your site but none of it seems to integrate into the station construction aspect, unless I'm blind and/or stupid? Lol

What I want to do is design a fleet - basically in a spreadsheet - and then take the resources needed to construct that fleet and design a station complex which is capable of churning out that fleets' worth of resources every 1-2 hours. I have done this manually for individual ships but it takes forevvverrrr. I've tried to automate ware parsing with some python scripts, and I just never get it quite working.

krlc
x4

Post by krlc » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 12:25

AshesOfHegemony wrote:
Mon, 20. Apr 20, 00:50
@Crissian would it be possible to design a "web map" that shows the minimum station modules are needed for one station module to be self sustaining? It seems complicated, but it would simplify the whole station building process so you would know exactly how many modules you need to produce X product before you even start building. It would almost be like a reverse production flowchart. For example, hull parts is a major bottleneck, so if i need to add 10 more hull parts modules to my factory it would show how many x energy cell modules, x refined metals, x graphene modules. Then as you add on other T3 modules it tells you in a visual flow chart how many modules you need and you can change the module amounts on the fly. If you could imagine it would look almost exactly like an inverse of the "logical station overview" in the game. This would help people like me who are very visual and need something to look to more easily pre-plan a station.

___________________________________|====> x refined metals/hr(x modules) ====> (x ore/hr)
___________________________________|====> x graphene/hr (x modules) =====> (x methane/hr)

Whenever you change the hull parts modules to say 11 the graphical display would update the X values to show the proper minimum station module values.....i hope that makes sense? You could also add in a population slider that shows how many popluation modules you would need to reach y% efficiency. This could be expanded to simulate the needs of a whole factories x values and tie directly into your calculator. It would be much simpler than spending hours guessing while doing station layouts and would really be a nice cherry on top of your already wonderful calculator.
This is what I would need as well. Lets say if you want to build 5x claytronics module, a list with number of modules required to supply production would be great. So far can't find any calculator for this game that could do that.

harokyang
x4

Post by harokyang » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 13:37

I really hope there is some kind of ship build resource calculator
Let's say I want to build a small fleet, I add ships and equipements wanted
The calculator list how each resource required, from end product to the very raw materials
And combined with current Complex Calculator, I know how many production modules I need to support building such fleet repeatly

Bravari
x4

Station Calculator

Post by Bravari » Mon, 6. Jul 20, 23:57

So the website is down - http://www.x4-game.com/#/station-calculator. Anyone know a work around or an alternative website.

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Station Calculator

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 02:47

I made my own spreadsheet.

It's very incomplete though, as I only added the stuff I wanted.

But knowing the community, the website won't stay down for too long.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 09:26

Web site works OK for me now,
perhaps there was an update or something ?

Bravari
x4

Post by Bravari » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 21:06

Nope, still down for me.

Darkhymn
x4

Post by Darkhymn » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 21:08

Site appears to be down. Access has been sporadic over the last few days, and I've not been able to connect at all today.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 22:40

Down for me as well now.

Was thinking about possibly making a game file-read exe version, like in the good ol' X3 days,
although somehow there seems less need than there was then.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Wed, 8. Jul 20, 00:08

Website is up just fine, no issues, must be your ISP.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Wed, 8. Jul 20, 00:09

AshesOfHegemony wrote:
Mon, 20. Apr 20, 00:50

It does this if you click the "Autofill modules" button.. it'll put in all the stations required and voila you have your per hour numbers listed.

Darkhymn
x4

Post by Darkhymn » Wed, 8. Jul 20, 01:07

Rastuasi wrote:
Wed, 8. Jul 20, 00:08
Website is up just fine, no issues, must be your ISP.
External tools like isitdownrightnow/downforeveryoneorjustme etc also failed to ping the site. It's working again for me at present. Not sure what the issue is, but it doesn't appear to be local.

lhartvik
x4

Post by lhartvik » Wed, 8. Jul 20, 13:50

Just want to say

Fantastic tool! Thanks for creating this!

gazbags66
xr

Post by gazbags66 » Wed, 8. Jul 20, 15:50

I have found your "database" very informative and has helped me plan a number of complexes.

Excellent work! Well done.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 8. Jul 20, 18:56

crissian wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 17:50
Hey, I made a quick web app that allows to calculate station production: http://www.x4-game.com

Edit 4/1/2020:
Updated for 3.0 and Split Vendetta.
Let me know if you find any issues.
You sir.. are awesome!

Great job!

--

@Moderation: Please stick this or place this somewhere visible

Return to “X4: Foundations”