X4 Station / Complex Calculator

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wozzlebatneo Breau

Re: X4 Station / Complex Calculator

Post by Wozzlebatneo Breau » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 02:20

I was wanting to use your Station Calculator, however when I save or save-as I cannot find the resultant saves? My save address is D:\Users\User\Documents\Egosoft\X4\Steam Id\constructionplan. I think the default in your program is D:\Users\User\Documents\Egosoft\Steam Id\constructionplan. Any thought on where it is going? Thanks in advance.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 16:59

It doesn't save like that, it saves to a browser cookie or something. It's just for saving the station so that the web page can load it again. It doesn't make a save for the game. You'll need to alt-tab between the web page and the game when building. If it's a big station, you might want to write it down so it's easier to track how many modules you've made.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

wazbuz
x4

Post by wazbuz » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 17:27

Thanks for keeping this up to date with KE. I'm a first-time station builder and this was a huge help.

Question: You have a checkbox for workers in the HQ with the comment "The HQ needs 200 workers for some reason". Over the years since you developed this calculator have you ever determined whether 200 workers are needed for each station at the HQ?

Imuniser
x4

Post by Imuniser » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 23:13

Workers are not "needed" per say for a station to function and have output.

Workers increase the station's efficiency and output beyond 100%.

fisiu
x4

Post by fisiu » Tue, 16. May 23, 22:28

Hello great update for KE.

However the workforce slider is not working, at least for me. It´s stuck at 0%.

Is it working for anyone else?

Cheers,
F

Solved:
Solved it myself, not been playing for a while and thought it was a bug in the KE update. You have to add a habitat first before you can use sliders lol :D

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 2. Mar 24, 00:35

Hello all. Sorry for bringing up this thread but I have a problem.
I saved one of my Wharfs as a construction plan. When I bring up Station Calculator and click on import, the little window opens and it ask for the construction plan. I right click on the file then tell it to copy. I then try to paste it and nothing happens. Next thing I do is open the file with visual basic, select all, copy, then do a paste in station calculator and it fails. Next thing I do is open the file with the internet and selected all and copied and paste it in station calculator and it fails. Next thing I do is copy the link to the file and paste it and it gives me a fail. The name of the file is Sacred Relic Wharf.xml. What is the proper way to get it into Station Calculator. Thanx !

stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

NilusBavarius
x3

Post by NilusBavarius » Sat, 2. Mar 24, 13:47

Stu Austin wrote:
Sat, 2. Mar 24, 00:35
... and copied and paste it in station calculator and it fails. Next thing I do is copy the link to the file and paste it and it gives me a fail. The name of the file is Sacred Relic Wharf.xml. What is the proper way to get it into Station Calculator. Thanx !

stu
Greetings Stu,

It seems like a misunderstanding from my point of view and understanding.

The Calculator is not supposed to import "build plans" from the game and vice versa.
The import function relates to already saved calculation files, not in game plans afaik.

Now, thinking about your thought process on this (as far as I understand it) , that would be an interesting feature indeed!

Cheers,
Nilus

Edit/p.s.:

The calculator is a handy tool to calculate the numbers of modules required, including the boni of personnel, for the production you aim for.
The actual build plan for the game is still something to be created manually, based on the calculations, as it includes placement (pos and rot) data, which is out of the scope of the calculator.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sun, 3. Mar 24, 05:09

Hello. In Plan Build, there are 2 different types of saves you can do. One is you can save the plan build and use it at different plots that you create. The 2nd one is you can save it as a construction plan and its placed in the C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Egosoft\X4\12345678\constructionplan folder. With the Station Calculator, when you ask it to Import the construction plan (*.xml), it is suppose to import it (the construction plan file).

stu

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 02:05

You import the "constructionplans.xml" file. To see the ".xml" part, you have to tell Windows to display file extensions, otherwise it will just show you a file called "constructionplans". The files in the "constructionplan" folder don't work.

Also, when importing, you need to copy the text in the file. It sounds like you figured that part out.

The "constructionplans.xml" gets updated when you save a plan using the floppy disk icon in the station planning screen in the game.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 03:01

Hello. I don't believe the import function works like it should.
stu

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 19:11

I'm a bit disappointed Egosoft have not created an in-game tool for calculating station output that matches the functionality of this web page. Everybody always recommends this page, and it is such an important tool that it ought to be in the game rather than a 3rd party website.

Return to “X4: Foundations”