Station providing its own building materials ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ullgenser
x4

Station providing its own building materials ?

Post by Ullgenser » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:42

Hello,

I have a station making the main building blocks for expansion. claytronics, hull parts, and ofc, energy cells.

is there an easier way to move this into the build storage then manually doing it with a freighter ?

Would buying my own builder help in any way ?
The station has trade drones

Cheers

Zealoth
x4

Re: Station providing its own building materials ?

Post by Zealoth » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:50

How did you add trade drones to the station?

Zealoth
x4

Post by Zealoth » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:52

Thats what I found on X4 subreddit btw

Container storage / Build storage

When you start building a station, the first thing added or created is a so called "Build storage". This is basically a fragile tower of containers near your future station where transporters can deploy the resources needed for building. It grows over time when more resources are in stock for building (management happens over the build UI).

In contrast to this the operational station, has internal storage through its ware storage modules. This means an operating station can have two seperate sets of storage that also give seperate trade offers. You can tell the difference on the map through the little "build" icon.

If your station happens to have the same resources that your build storage needs, the transfer between the two can happen automatically (through XS ships). Normally ships with WARE EXCHANGE orders are needed for this.

Ullgenser
x4

Post by Ullgenser » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:53

Logical overview, on the station. scroll the upper half of the screen down to bottom. some hidden alternatives there. it's below your production modules

Ullgenser
x4

Post by Ullgenser » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:56

Zealoth wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 00:52
Thats what I found on X4 subreddit btw

Container storage / Build storage

When you start building a station, the first thing added or created is a so called "Build storage". This is basically a fragile tower of containers near your future station where transporters can deploy the resources needed for building. It grows over time when more resources are in stock for building (management happens over the build UI).

In contrast to this the operational station, has internal storage through its ware storage modules. This means an operating station can have two seperate sets of storage that also give seperate trade offers. You can tell the difference on the map through the little "build" icon.

If your station happens to have the same resources that your build storage needs, the transfer between the two can happen automatically (through XS ships). Normally ships with WARE EXCHANGE orders are needed for this.
ahh! I'll try the ware exchange! can a L freigher do it, or do I need a million XS ships ? I'll be trying with the bigger one and try to figure it out. thanks =)

Zealoth
x4

Post by Zealoth » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 01:07

TBH I have no idea

I set the drone amounts in the overview.
How long till they show up?
Did the station restock itself with the drones or did you have to do something so to get them going?

Ullgenser
x4

Post by Ullgenser » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 01:16

it should restock itsself when you've set the amounts. takes from the operating account. not the building one iirc. don't know how long it took. but I assume npc ships arrive with them to fill a trade order

Zealoth
x4

Post by Zealoth » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 02:42

No one was showing up within 45min so i just manually queued a complicated order for my trader to run lol

Nekudotayim_
x4

Post by Nekudotayim_ » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 00:17

This thread is high ranked in Google when searching for this topic and since I figured out the solution to this, I will add it to this thread. You will also not find this info in the Wiki of X4. The Wiki seems to be outdated.

The station will automatically add the required resources if locally available to the construction hub. Just wait a bit and it will happen, which is the confusing part of it. It feels like the check happens every like 5 minutes. No ships required.

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 02:32

If you have Cargo Drones on the station they will move your stuff to build storage automatically.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 13:57

SirConnery wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 02:32
If you have Cargo Drones on the station they will move your stuff to build storage automatically.
it's highly depends on trade limitation and money allocated for building.
i.e. they will move some times, but you can't guarantee it unless it allowed buy/sell both from station and that .... .... .... building store .... .... .(there is long thread why building store is worst thing added in x4, and this highly uncontrolled behavior is part of it).

Saturn V

Post by Saturn V » Tue, 4. Oct 22, 12:38

Your station will order wares from its own storage for construction, with the help of some ship

I don't give enough budget to my station, then he will ask some ship to transfer wares from storage to building storage after few minutes
Some wares are transported by ships, while some of them are transfer by drones, which were listed as "name of your station" in the construction trader list, this kind of transfer can't be ordered manually, it can only be generated automatically under unknown condition

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 4. Oct 22, 14:17

Bear in mind that you are answering a 4 year old question, albeit with some later suggestions added on. A lot has changed in the gameplay over the version updates in that time.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”