Saitek X52 Profile [Game and Saitek/Logitech Software] *Map image included*

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Velswraith

Re: Saitek X52 Profile [Game and Saitek/Logitech Software] *Map image included*

Post by Velswraith » Fri, 1. Nov 19, 00:27

mrc0de wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 02:03
Thanks, looking forward to busting out my X52 for this, worked wonders in X3.

One question though, that a fellow X52 user might know....

That little round connector cable that goes from throttle to stick... connecting the two....
Any Idea where a fella might be able to order a replacement?

I can't find them anywhere and I've been looking for a long time.
I dont exactly know what to call the cable either, so that doesn't help much either.

At any rate, I have bookmarked this post and will return once I find my cable.
Nice post and Thank you! :D
Monoprice is your friend - https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-6-Feet ... B001TKQOTG

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 1. Nov 19, 10:18

@ Velswraith: Welcome, but please check the date of posts that you reply to. That issue was asked and resolved nearly a year ago.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Angsaar
x4

Post by Angsaar » Fri, 1. Nov 19, 10:26

pepperg wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 19, 21:17
Thank you for this profile. I have installed this and am using an X52 Pro. It shows up and I am able to use it in the game, but a few quick questions:

- I have disabled the Clutch in the MFD Windows settings but still cannot look around the cockpit when I hold the pinky switch and move the POV 2 hat

- The POV 2 hat doesn't correspond to the layout graphic. Instead in my game it activates the directional 4-way thrusters to move my ship right, left, up, or down.

- Where on the X52 Pro throttle can the Stop Engines, Long Ranger Scan, and Dock/Teleport to ship actions be accessed? Since the X52 pro throttle doesn't have the three mode buttons at the base like the X52 throttle does.

- The Clutch Button/Boost command acts as a boost in reverse direction, which surprises me. Is that intentional? I would prefer that it is a boost forward.

- Pinky switch and POV 1 also don't operate like indicated in the layout image. The pinky switch doesn't appear to do anything when in the ship.

Thanks.
Try remapping some of those things in the profiler software to keyboard strokes you have assigned in-game, that way you can even set up multiple commands to a single button, make it timed, alternated, latched, etc.

I used that a lot in SPGW to create finer movements on the stick (say, low angles spamming roll/turn/thrust key strokes at slower intervals than high angles)

Out of curiosity, how do you folks split your profiles with the three-way Mode knob? I have one for combat and one for map, but one sits barely used.

edit: if you have a spare monitor it'll be a life-saver to keep the profiler on so you can see what does what (assuming you name functions in it when saving key strokes)

Versijinx

Post by Versijinx » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 03:42

Throttle to joystick connector is PS/2 i believe. OLD mice and keyboards once used them to connect to computers.

Jase555
x4

Post by Jase555 » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 09:59

I know it's an old post but still very relevant and I'm using both on an X52. I've waited over a year to get started and V3.0 plus Split Vendetta seemed like a perfect start point. I've also dug out my Roccat Power grid and this with the Elite style mapping has made it a real joy so far. Thanks OP

meraun
x4

Post by meraun » Thu, 14. May 20, 15:38

Has anyone tried this Setip with a X56 Rhino? IS the file compatible?

sigma1987

Post by sigma1987 » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 04:39

Thanks for posting this OP, saved me a ton of time!

I got an x542 Pro today anmd got the profile installed on the HOTAS, but I can't seem to map anything to pinkie+button. It just registers the pinkie trigger as a single button press (button 6). Is there something else I need to do to make it work as a modifier key?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 08:52

sigma1987 wrote:
Tue, 21. Sep 21, 04:39
I got an x542 Pro today anmd got the profile installed on the HOTAS, but I can't seem to map anything to pinkie+button. It just registers the pinkie trigger as a single button press (button 6). Is there something else I need to do to make it work as a modifier key?
I did use X52 without any software and pinkie was a button. When I finally did notice that Logitech has software for it and did install, that software (which auto-starts as service to System Tray) did load its default profile, where pinkie acts as modifier (or whatever it was called). After that I had to create a custom profile with the software (as I did want pinkie as button) to get the "without software" profile. Alas, the profile had to be explicitly loaded after ever start/login (and before starting the games) ... or did I found auto-load instructions? :gruebel:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

sigma1987

Post by sigma1987 » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 17:38

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 21. Sep 21, 08:52
sigma1987 wrote:
Tue, 21. Sep 21, 04:39
I did use X52 without any software and pinkie was a button. When I finally did notice that Logitech has software for it and did install, that software (which auto-starts as service to System Tray) did load its default profile, where pinkie acts as modifier (or whatever it was called). After that I had to create a custom profile with the software (as I did want pinkie as button) to get the "without software" profile. Alas, the profile had to be explicitly loaded after ever start/login (and before starting the games) ... or did I found auto-load instructions? :gruebel:
How does the pinkie button look in the logitech software when it's set up to be a modifier key? I don't see any obvious option for it in the > menu

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 19:31

I ... have uninstalled the software. :oops:

The manual talks about "Shift states": https://www.saitek.com/manuals/SST_Manual_En.pdf
Most other google hits explain how to remove the shift modes and get pinky as "regular button".

Right-click pinky in the profile editor (grid view?) and select ... "Shift"?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

sigma1987

Post by sigma1987 » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 19:49

Oh, perfect, that manual is what I needed, I think. thanks!

TheSpirit84

Post by TheSpirit84 » Sun, 4. Dec 22, 17:40

It my just be me but the but the LG profile is blank/has no bindings appled. I opened it in notepad++ to see if maybe it was done wrong but seems to be untouched.

Return to “X4: Foundations”