Where can I find manual file?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Socratatus
x4

Re: Where can I find manual file?

Post by Socratatus » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 08:51

Xeon wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 06:02
Perahoky wrote:
Fri, 30. Nov 18, 21:49
Do you even know how much thousands of lines and time a X-manual would take?
Just play it. Finding out is part of the game.

If its a waste of time to play the game, then its your problem.

People beeing people...

ps. look my signature
This is the most asinine statement I've read so far. Having appropriate documentation for a game that you've paid money for is not something you should have to learn by playing and should be included right out of the gate, Be it digital at the very least.

Game developers have gotten lazy and cheap, and when you've got a developer as big as egosoft doing it, it's like the whole industry starts believing this is OK. It's not! If you had any idea how much these guys make, there is no reason in the world why they don't have someone dedicated to taking care of documentation.

I've been in software development for 20 yrs now and this (Gaming) industry gets away with murder. You try to do this in Engineering software development for example, you'd lose your shirts because no one would buy your software that doesn't also come with the appropriate documentation, they'd laugh you out of the industry.

The only reason they get away with it here is because people have the attitude like the person above and reason it away... Unreal.

Xeon
I have to agree. Not sure what Perahoky is talking about, and I suspect he`s very young to say something so dumb, but detailed gaming manuals which had FAR more to them than X4 were once the norm. In fact, I still have a couple. Even games which left much for you to find out yourself had decent manuals. Let`s be brutally honest here - No gaming manuals just saves the company money and gives them more profit.

If it`s because the game is in a state of flux, then they released the game too soon which is more reason why they should have held back. But I`ve seen even way unready games get released with a detailed manual.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 09:09

Socratatus wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 08:51
Xeon wrote:
Perahoky wrote:
Fri, 30. Nov 18, 21:49
Do you even know how much thousands of lines and time a X-manual would take?
Just play it. Finding out is part of the game.

If its a waste of time to play the game, then its your problem.

People beeing people...

ps. look my signature
This is the most asinine statement I've read so far. Having appropriate documentation for a game that you've paid money for is not something you should have to learn by playing and should be included right out of the gate, Be it digital at the very least.

Game developers have gotten lazy and cheap, and when you've got a developer as big as egosoft doing it, it's like the whole industry starts believing this is OK. It's not! If you had any idea how much these guys make, there is no reason in the world why they don't have someone dedicated to taking care of documentation.

I've been in software development for 20 yrs now and this (Gaming) industry gets away with murder. You try to do this in Engineering software development for example, you'd lose your shirts because no one would buy your software that doesn't also come with the appropriate documentation, they'd laugh you out of the industry.

The only reason they get away with it here is because people have the attitude like the person above and reason it away... Unreal.

Xeon
I have to agree. Not sure what Perahoky is talking about, and I suspect he`s very young to say something so dumb, but detailed gaming manuals which had FAR more to them than X4 were once the norm. In fact, I still have a couple. Even games which left much for you to find out yourself had decent manuals. Let`s be brutally honest here - No gaming manuals just saves the company money and gives them more profit.

If it`s because the game is in a state of flux, then they released the game too soon which is more reason why they should have held back. But I`ve seen even way unready games get released with a detailed manual.
I don't know how old you are but I started plaiyng games with 8 Bit discs, such as "Battle Ilse" (god I loved this game) and other on DOS and I completely agree with you. Back in the 90ies games were always fully functional and had always manuals. I also still have quite a few of them, as I never threw away my old games (from Orion Burger, Indiana Jones, Monkey Island etc...).

The industry changed so much, from a more creative and non-mainstream thing - to complete capitalist / corporate rip offs and some things inbetween, as well as the rare gems, that are still around (Which x4 could be if they handled releases and communication diofferently, but is not in my opinion).

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 10:07

ApoxNM wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 09:09
Socratatus wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 08:51
Xeon wrote:

Xeon

I don't know how old you are but I started plaiyng games with 8 Bit discs, such as "Battle Ilse" (god I loved this game) and other on DOS and I completely agree with you. Back in the 90ies games were always fully functional and had always manuals. I also still have quite a few of them, as I never threw away my old games (from Orion Burger, Indiana Jones, Monkey Island etc...).

The industry changed so much, from a more creative and non-mainstream thing - to complete capitalist / corporate rip offs and some things inbetween, as well as the rare gems, that are still around (Which x4 could be if they handled releases and communication diofferently, but is not in my opinion).
Possibly similar age. :) Those days are sadly gone. The art in gaming is more or less dead save the rare exceptions.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Return to “X4: Foundations”