Custom Player Symbol (answered)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Custom Player Symbol (answered)

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 00:19

Is it possible to change our player symbol from the Virtuvian Man, or whatever it is?

If so, are there others we can pick from in the game?
Will we be able to upload our own files?
Can we change the position of the symbol, so we can give our fighters proper nose art?

I don't remember if this was answered or not, and I didn't see it in a search.
Last edited by ZombiePotatoSalad on Tue, 13. Nov 18, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Custom Player Symbol

Post by CBJ » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 00:23

Yes, yes, yes and no, in that order.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 00:34

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 13. Nov 18, 00:23
Thank you! While nose art isn't really a necessity, I'm still looking forward to this.

*suddenly remembers he can't art*
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

Fedora01
x4

Post by Fedora01 » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 01:49

There goes my plans for Rudolph the Red Nosed Cerberus...
In space no-one can hear you scream unless you're transmitting on the right radio frequency.

It was about this time I realized I might have too many tabs open.

Net-FX
x4

Post by Net-FX » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 21:18

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 13. Nov 18, 00:23
RE player logo. I recall this from X2 and loved it. There was something quite satisfying about seeing my own mugshot on my own space stations :)

Could we please have format and image size for said logo ahead of time so those of us wanting to do so can go ahead and make some logo's?... will also help pass the time till the 30th :)
D.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Custom Player Symbol (answered)

Post by CBJ » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 22:48

The game will accept a number of formats for player logos. Popular formats it can work with include TGA, PNG and JPG. It should also work with BMP and GIF as well but there may be some limitations on those (such as no GIF animations!). The logo needs to be square, with dimensions that are a power of 2, so 256x256 would be a typical size. Transparency is supported, and for those with the necessary skills and tools, there is also scope for you to provide additional files containing normal maps to give them a little depth, and glow maps to make them... well, glow.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 23:10

awesome! :)
X gamer , one at a time.

Revenant342
x4

Post by Revenant342 » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 23:29

Any word on custom paintjobs?

Net-FX
x4

Post by Net-FX » Sun, 25. Nov 18, 00:14

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 24. Nov 18, 22:48
The game will accept a number of formats for player logos. Popular formats it can work with include TGA, PNG and JPG. It should also work with BMP and GIF as well but there may be some limitations on those (such as no GIF animations!). The logo needs to be square, with dimensions that are a power of 2, so 256x256 would be a typical size. Transparency is supported, and for those with the necessary skills and tools, there is also scope for you to provide additional files containing normal maps to give them a little depth, and glow maps to make them... well, glow.
So, no probs with the 2D side of things and transparency is cool as well. I just googled 'glow maps' and realised I need to get my head around learning and using Blender [ https://io7m.com/documents/glow-maps/#st200_s2ss1 ]. Assuming this is what you meant, Oh well, I did say I've time to kill lol. Cheers boss :)
D.

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Sun, 25. Nov 18, 07:08

Or use solution for dummies, as this is the one I've googled and it did wonders just by loading my profile image :)

http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/

Return to “X4: Foundations”