Conflicted...what should I do?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

OneOfMany
x4

Re: Conflicted...what should I do?

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 18:17

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 15. Nov 18, 21:37
I have a comment on the possible added benefits of preorder or day 1 purchase and play of either version and that is that late-comers to the game will have to be very, very careful about not having their game discovery experience spoiled by gameplay and 'mystery' disclosures in the Steam and Egosoft forums. Yes I know that some players will race to post spoilers and 'how-to's and that they will quickly outstrip the average gamer's progress in any case. Just a thought to consider though.
Hi Alan,

when I way up the disadvantages of having my game discovery experience spoiled against those of my first 2 weeks in X Rebirth, I tend to prefer the former to the latter.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 18:42

OneOfMany wrote:
Tue, 20. Nov 18, 18:17
Hi Alan,

when I way up the disadvantages of having my game discovery experience spoiled against those of my first 2 weeks in X Rebirth, I tend to prefer the former to the latter.
Did you know that there are abandoned stations that you can explore to find new tech (such as a teleporter) that will give you an edge over the AI?
Did you know that you can also (as far as we know, as there is no evidence to the contrary) utilize aforementioned stations or large ships as a base by laying claim to them?
Did you know that you can control almost every ship in the game?
Did you know that the jumpgates now work, and suddenly everyone has access to Trans-Orbital Accelerators, despite Terrans not being mentioned? (though this could just be a Community of Planets reverse engineering attempt)
Did you know this game is set in space?

You have now been spoiled.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 19:05

Hope for the best but expect the worst is my logic when it comes to Egos games ;) I'm sure game it self is good but I have same concern as you in that regard... Just wait to se what people say about stability and bugs and than go from there.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 19:12

If you're on the fence, it's probably best not to pre-order. However, you could always pre-order, try the game out (as long as it's less than 2 hours played), and refund it if there is something majorly game-breaking for you.
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Felicitus Bigbeaver
x4

Post by Felicitus Bigbeaver » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 11:30

This situation is no decision, its going to be gggrrreeeaatttt. Buy it now or be part of project negativety. Seriously no one wants to sit with those guys. Seriusly though have you not seen the youtube vids. Like the complex edittor ...... oh my. It looks fantastic.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:00

Felicitus Bigbeaver wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 11:30
This situation is no decision, its going to be gggrrreeeaatttt. Buy it now or be part of project negativety. Seriously no one wants to sit with those guys. Seriusly though have you not seen the youtube vids. Like the complex edittor ...... oh my. It looks fantastic.
There is a difference between negativity and skepticism.

Everything we have seen, aside from the screenshots, has been in Alpha, and a year out of date. Due to this, many things can change, or not be as we expected them to be based on what we saw.
Go in with an open mind. Don't be upset if the complex editor isn't as detailed as you imagined it. Know that if Egosoft changed something, they had a good reason for it. Enjoy the game as it is, and improvements, if needed, will come.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

wellmadman

Post by wellmadman » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:12

I shall be waiting until the boron are added as least it feels like crappy game without them I know people will have different views, but think of it a different way, what if it was Argon that were missing and not the boron or the paranoid or the spilt? how would that change your views. So I shall wait and see

wellmadman

Post by wellmadman » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:12

I shall be waiting until the boron are added as least it feels like crappy game without them I know people will have different views, but think of it a different way, what if it was Argon that were missing and not the boron or the paranoid or the spilt? how would that change your views. So I shall wait and see, Also I will wait until Tubes are removed by mods and Gates added as Tubes SUCH A BAD IDEA.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:17

wellmadman wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:12
I shall be waiting until the boron are added as least it feels like crappy game without them I know people will have different views, but think of it a different way, what if it was Argon that were missing and not the boron or the paranoid or the spilt? how would that change your views. So I shall wait and see
...then I would still play it anyway. My favorite race is the Terrans, because of their ship design and advanced tech. They aren't in the game, yet that won't stop me.
Not playing a game because of a single race being excluded for now is a rather poor reason for not playing a game, but it is your choice.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:18

I just bought no mans sky, after 15 hours i was bored. X4 is worth the odd bug. ive put in thousands of hours into each of these games over the years.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:19

dougeye wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:18
I just bought no mans sky, after 15 hours i was bored. X4 is worth the odd bug. ive put in thousands of hours into each of these games over the years.
I bought No Man's Sky at release, refunded it after a couple of hours.
A year to the day after refunding, I bought it on sale for $20 USD. I got three times the game I bought for $60.
It's steadily improving.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:58

ZombiePotatoSalad wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:19
dougeye wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:18
I bought No Man's Sky at release, refunded it after a couple of hours.
A year to the day after refunding, I bought it on sale for $20 USD. I got three times the game I bought for $60.
It's steadily improving.
NMS is still boring as anything. Despite all the "content updates" they've done, there is still very little actual content there to get stuck into.
Admiral of the Fleet.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 16:41

I still think if you're on the fence at all, it's best to just not buy the game until you've seen someone else playing the game.
Believe me, there will be PLENTY of gameplay come Friday/Saturday.
ZombiePotatoSalad wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 13:17
...then I would still play it anyway. My favorite race is the Terrans, because of their ship design and advanced tech. They aren't in the game, yet that won't stop me.
Not playing a game because of a single race being excluded for now is a rather poor reason for not playing a game, but it is your choice.
Terran is also my favorite race from the X universe. I always loved getting their tech in X3 and "policing" the commonwealth with my superior technology :D
Shame they weren't in Rebirth, and (possibly) not in X4 :(

Alewx
x4

Post by Alewx » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 16:52

So far there was no test or even public preview of the game, so what to expect? Do the Devs know the game is not ready for launch? Nothing learned from X Abortion?
I7 9900k 4GHz
RTX 3080TI
32GB Corsair
Win10 64bit

But now on a freaking fast SSD aber immernoch ziemlich lahm beim laden :(

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:18

Alewx wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 16:52
So far there was no test or even public preview of the game, so what to expect? Do the Devs know the game is not ready for launch? Nothing learned from X Abortion?
But the game is being tested as we type, it's just that it is under NDA (so no one who is testing is allowed to talk about it).

Alewx
x4

Post by Alewx » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:33

Hektos wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:18
Alewx wrote:
But the game is being tested as we type, it's just that it is under NDA (so no one who is testing is allowed to talk about it).
The same happened with X abortion, and there was a day one embargo from Egosoft in place prohibiting everyone to talk about the game before it was released. Why, because they know it was broken.
I7 9900k 4GHz
RTX 3080TI
32GB Corsair
Win10 64bit

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:35

Alewx wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:33
Hektos wrote:
Alewx wrote:
The same happened with X abortion, and there was a day one embargo from Egosoft in place prohibiting everyone to talk about the game before it was released. Why, because they know it was broken.
The thing I'm looking forward to most about X4 release is that hopefully it will stop people referring to X:Rebirth in such a disgusting manner. We get it, you didn't like the previous game, but no need to be so crude really, I'm sure you think it's funny but it's in very bad taste.
Admiral of the Fleet.

Alewx
x4

Post by Alewx » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:37

Vandragorax wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:35
Alewx wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:33
Hektos wrote:

The thing I'm looking forward to most about X4 release is that hopefully it will stop people referring to X:Rebirth in such a disgusting manner. We get it, you didn't like the previous game, but no need to be so crude really, I'm sure you think it's funny but it's in very bad taste.
You are a fanboy ok, no issue with that.
If the new game would be so much better, and really ready for a release, then why do they not provide test examples for magazines???
Day one embargos are a cheap method to grab as much money as possible with preorders.
I7 9900k 4GHz
RTX 3080TI
32GB Corsair
Win10 64bit

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:50

Do not start the whole childish "fanboy" and "troll" thing. That is not acceptable on this forum and never has been. Discuss a subject like adults, without name-calling, or don't discuss it at all.

Alewx
x4

Post by Alewx » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:52

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:50
Do not start the whole childish "fanboy" and "troll" thing. That is not acceptable on this forum and never has been. Discuss a subject like adults, without name-calling, or don't discuss it at all.
As I said, I have no issue with that. I was it myself. And I simply put out things that repeat itself with the upcoming release.
I7 9900k 4GHz
RTX 3080TI
32GB Corsair
Win10 64bit

Return to “X4: Foundations”