X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lhartvik
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by lhartvik » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 17:39

madfury wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 15:40
It is a known fact that Valve takes 30% cut on steam purchases. I hope it makes a difference from Egos side if we order through their eshop vs steam. I, for one, always order through publisher/dev directly when ever possible. I do not consider Steam cut to be reasonable. That being said - order through Egosoft store. You'll get the steam key immediately anyway.
Thanks for confirming this - I will now stop refreshing steam store page and start tossing money on egosoft instead until the bits on my computer screen tells me I can install and play this game

lionroot
x4

Post by lionroot » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 17:47

Hi,

Amazing!! I really want to buy this game but I want it in gog!
It's planned? If yes when?

Thanks!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 17:49

I will order through egosoft's website instead of steam if they will let me pay in US dollars instead of euros...

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 17:55

Kernel Panic wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 16:38
2.) Is there any information about the release date for the Linux version?
sakuramboo wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 16:48
Two questions:

1) Will Linux be day-1 release?
"The plan is to launch the Linux Beta at release, but we have to see if that will work out."
https://twitter.com/EGOSOFT/status/1046712076012584962

Witchy
x4

Post by Witchy » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 18:04

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 15:11
Juggernaut93 wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 14:57
Witchy wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 14:53
Thanks, but it would have been nice if they had mentioned Steam weren’t taking orders yet, not all of us follow Twitter. This minor miscommunication does make me re-evaluate my purchase plan though. If they get minor thinks like this wrong is this going to be another Rebirth Disaster.
They have probably already told Steam to allow pre-orders and Steam is taking his time to turn on the feature. Just a guess, though, I have never published anything on Steam :D
Correct. Steam have been informed and it should hopefully available soon. The timezone difference is probably the main reason for the delay.

Nice to see that everyone has their pitchforks ready though. :roll:
My pitchfork has been finely honed between the launch of Rebirth and now, I’m just waiting for the mob to gather on Nov 30th who, like me, will have bought the pre order without waiting for the community reviews (which I swore to do so after Rebirth).

Sooo, why am I preordering? Because some people never learn.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 18:16

Very disappointed about the lack of a GOG/Non-Steam release. Guess Egosoft will be waiting for my money, and I will be waiting a few years more for X4(?).

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 18:27

I wonder what the best way to buy in dollars is as using Google 61 pounds is 80 dollars so that's a big saving but what's the best method to do that.

Also if people are buying from egosoft they think there supporting egosoft more but if it's the same price as steam and it is a steam key then I'm not sure the differences are as steam will still be taking their 30% cut as it's a steam key. So egosoft arnt really making any extra money are they?

When gog version is out, their prices should be cheaper yes? As they don't charge 30% like steam so collector's edition from there should be a bit less.

Also why does egosoft shop say 79 dollars or 79 euros when if I use Google to convert 79 dollars is about 60 pounds but 79 euros is about 68 pounds.

Why so expensive too I wonder. I'd say 40 was reasonable for collector's edition with the dlc included it's not like a ea overpriced game costing 40+.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Peyota
x4

Post by Peyota » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 18:37

yay endlich! Hab's auch gleich bestellt 8)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 18:44

Skeeter wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 18:27
Also if people are buying from egosoft they think there supporting egosoft more but if it's the same price as steam and it is a steam key then I'm not sure the differences are as steam will still be taking their 30% cut as it's a steam key. So egosoft arnt really making any extra money are they?
That's not quite how it works. Buying from the Egosoft shop is still the best way to support Egosoft. The choice is yours where you buy from, though, of course.

VolusRus
x4

Post by VolusRus » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 18:54

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 17:24
That said, the minimum requirements, those are probably fairly stable;
That's sad. Minimum requirements (video card in particular) already higher than ones for modern AAA-games. I afraid that I cant launch X4 on my potato GTX850M.

the ginga ninja
x4

Post by the ginga ninja » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:06

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 18:44
Skeeter wrote:
That's not quite how it works. Buying from the Egosoft shop is still the best way to support Egosoft. The choice is yours where you buy from, though, of course.
If I purchase from the Egosoft shop, do I get a Steam key so that I can activate the game there? I love having all my games on Steam, but want to support Egosoft as much as possible.
New to X? Totally frustrated because you don't know where to start? So was I. Save yourself a few hours of frustration and check out daviddowner's X3 Walkthrough! Srsly, it's worth it.

lhartvik
x4

Post by lhartvik » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:09

the ginga ninja wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:06
CBJ wrote:
Skeeter wrote:
If I purchase from the Egosoft shop, do I get a Steam key so that I can activate the game there? I love having all my games on Steam, but want to support Egosoft as much as possible.
Yes I did and I got one and I now have GAME PURCHASED Today on Steam

the ginga ninja
x4

Post by the ginga ninja » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:12

lhartvik wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:09
the ginga ninja wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:06
CBJ wrote:

Yes I did and I got one and I now have GAME PURCHASED Today on Steam
Thanks. I answered my own question by actually visiting the Egosoft Shop. My bad.
New to X? Totally frustrated because you don't know where to start? So was I. Save yourself a few hours of frustration and check out daviddowner's X3 Walkthrough! Srsly, it's worth it.

kilerkg
x4

Post by kilerkg » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:19

I probably shouldn't be getting hyped after Rebirth, I just really hope this is a true X4 and not Rebirth 2
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

teknosvk
x4

Post by teknosvk » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:50

who made the music for X4? Again Alexei?

Combat Wombat
x4

Post by Combat Wombat » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:58

Falcrack wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 17:49
I will order through egosoft's website instead of steam if they will let me pay in US dollars instead of euros...
Yep, the conversion rate hurts enough but then I am paying a fee for buying in a foreign currency on my credit card too :/ least they could do it put it up for $86-87

Edit:

oooo yeah bebe

Last edited by Combat Wombat on Mon, 1. Oct 18, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 20:03

That's why I'm wating for steam - steam has conversion rates based on USD, so it's better for me to convert USD to PLN than EUR to PLN that Egosoft shop show me.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 20:06

teknosvk wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:50
Yes. :)

lordgeryon
x4

Post by lordgeryon » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 20:17

No discount for Rebirth owners. :<

teknosvk
x4

Post by teknosvk » Mon, 1. Oct 18, 20:20

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 20:06
teknosvk wrote:
Mon, 1. Oct 18, 19:50
Yes. :)
:thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Return to “X4: Foundations”