How to wipe out syndicate

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DaVidoSS
x4

How to wipe out syndicate

Post by DaVidoSS » Fri, 24. May 24, 21:14

HI. Syndicate maked me very angry once and i put any effort to wipe them out eventually. Unfortunately they dont want just die completely. How to get rid of them? They trying to build constructions back even if there no one left of them in entire Space.

geldonyetich
x4

Re: How to wipe out syndicate

Post by geldonyetich » Fri, 24. May 24, 22:41

Afraid that's as wiped out as they get. All the major factions get the ability to come back from nothing so you're not completely without them if you decide to stage a revival later.

Well, what's the more sinister end anyway: to obliterate completely or to enjoy seeing them suffer? They can try to rebuild all they like, but clearly they're far from being a viable threat to anyone.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 25. May 24, 01:05

If I intend to wipe out a faction I often prefer to let one of their enemies take over their sectors, that way someone else has the job of suppressing their attempts to rebuild.

For example, in my current game RHA were on the chopping block. However BOR now own their sectors & are doing a fine job of destroying their stations every time they attempt to build a new one. In the past few hours though they seem to have worked out that isn't working & are now attempting to rebuild in Tharka's Ravine XXIV instead, where ARG are in control (so that's not going particularly well for them either).

DaVidoSS
x4

Post by DaVidoSS » Sat, 25. May 24, 09:11

Thanks for reply. I would like to never see them again, i have no pleasure looking at someone suffer. Its the consequences that i like to see, like action reaction consequences thing. The worst thing is that I have the option to pay them for peace. They should be the ones paying, they started this madness...

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 25. May 24, 10:27

Here is what I did in my game to dela with Syndicate.

First - wipe out all their fleets, shipyards and wharfs, then go with remaining stations.

Observe Syndicate tryig to rebuild outposts, wharfs and Shipyards - keep destroying them as they rebuild.
It's good to be friendly with Argon, so they will move to take former Syndicate territory from north (don't take sectors yourself, except one that is the southern-most).
As Argon take territory and you destroy syndicate efforts to rebuild there, they will abbandon rebuid efforts in Argon taken areas and keep moving south.

Eventually, as Argon take all other territories, the only sector you will need to keep watch is the souther most (Windfall IV) - there SYndicate will from time to time try to rebuild shipyard and wharf, so you need to keep destroying them.

I don't know what happen, if you abbandon this sector and let someoen else take it, but I assume Syndicate will try to rebuild somehere, so I guess it's better to keep them suppresed here.

PV_
x4

Post by PV_ » Sat, 25. May 24, 11:22

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 25. May 24, 10:27
As Argon take territory and you destroy syndicate efforts to rebuild there, they will abbandon rebuid efforts in Argon taken areas and keep moving south.
Have you tried to giveaway VIG sectors to Teladi? MIN is -20 with VIG.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 25. May 24, 14:18

PV_ wrote:
Sat, 25. May 24, 11:22
Have you tried to giveaway VIG sectors to Teladi? MIN is -20 with VIG.
The MIN does not claim sectors, so they won't help.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

PV_
x4

Post by PV_ » Sat, 25. May 24, 15:23

jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 25. May 24, 14:18
The MIN does not claim sectors, so they won't help.
Why that doesn't help considering that MIN is the police force in Teladi space?

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Sat, 25. May 24, 17:19

Might not help you in your current situation, but maybe during another game:

I don't bother with spotting new shipyards and wharves. There is also another important reason to let them stay alive. Explanation at the end.

While you are still neutral with them, use ships to block all their ship-building modules. 2 L-ships and 1 XL-ship for the shipyard. I recommend using one Asgard and Shuyakus for that, which I will explain at the end. But make sure they are docking at the "building modules" and not just the docks and piers.
Then 140 s-ships and m-ships to block their wharf. For more tidyness in your ship list, group them into fleets with "mimic behaviour" and set leader's behaviour to "dock at station". This way they can not build any other ship ever again. If you wish you can completely block all deliveries to them. So no other ship can dock to provide food, starving all the workforce aka the crew. Talk about giving them a taste of their own medicine.

After that just wipe out all their ships with laser towers during a specific plot mission. For its duration, your reputation is locked, no matter how many you kill. So use that time to kill ALL of their ships in the entire galaxy. I mean specifically the annoying Barbarossas. After that, complete the mission and reset the reputation through the plot choice. Like this you effectively have killed them forever, but still can let them recover if you wish to do so at a later time.

This method has one important upside:

Vigor Syndicate are the only faction, that can produce veteran marines. This is my only reason to let them stay alive. To me they are slaves, that I will use as cannon fodder for boarding ops. This is the reason for using Asgards and Shuyakus since they have the biggest crew capacity. Recruit marines in batches. Send all the rookies back, then rehire marines. Rinse and repeat until only veterans remain in your ship. Transfer wherever needed.

PV_
x4

Post by PV_ » Sat, 25. May 24, 18:05

Caedes91 wrote:
Sat, 25. May 24, 17:19
This way they can not build any other ship ever again
Keep in mind that Wharf capable of putting ships at S/M fabrication bay into inner storage above the limit to clear up space for defense drones and thereby freeing pads for building, but while Wharf is OOS production stays blocked.

geldonyetich
x4

Post by geldonyetich » Sun, 26. May 24, 02:46

They're probably not going to change it so you can wipe them out completely, this is a design choice they made.

I think at one point it was explained you don't see all of them in the gate network. For example if you destroyed all the Split stations and ships, there are still billions of them on the planets, eager to relaunch their space program.

The Vigor Syndicate probably doesn't own many private planets, but I imagine their criminal dealings have to infiltrated many of the planets belonging to the other factions. Or even stations belonging to other factions (try scanning some Teladi signal links and see how long it takes to find Vigor Syndicate offers).

Ultimately it's not your role as a space entrepreneur to wipe them out, but you can significantly curtail their activities in the gate network by becoming an economic superpower there.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 26. May 24, 11:48

geldonyetich wrote:
Sun, 26. May 24, 02:46
The Vigor Syndicate probably doesn't own many private planets, but I imagine their criminal dealings have to infiltrated many of the planets belonging to the other factions. Or even stations belonging to other factions (try scanning some Teladi signal links and see how long it takes to find Vigor Syndicate offers).
And remember that the player "faction" starts with only one person. If one person can (re)build an empire, they why shouldn't a larger group that presumably has a stash of cash somewhere?

I have TER in Earth and Moon. They have no ships nor resources to speak of, so they can't build anything. The only faction that would be willing to support them, PIO, is in Oort Cloud with no ships, no Yard, nor Wharf. Too far from TER to trade. PIO could trade with ANT, but ANT has no Terran wares to sell. So both Terrans are "on the map" but effectively dead.

VIG does accept Commonwealth wares, so they could get help. However,
DaVidoSS wrote:
Fri, 24. May 24, 21:14
They trying to build constructions back
Isn't "trying" the operative word? A Wharf is not a wharf unless it actually pumps out ships. A Wharf with empty storage does not. We see that regularly with ZYA. A plot that has a plan to contain a Wharf, but does not have build materials nor Builder, is not a Wharf with Fabrication Bay and Storage modules. Yet.

Kha'ak spawn fully constructed Hives and ships. That is way worse than the feeble dreams of your VIG.

VIG did not make me "very angry". They made me "capo". A plot made them very angry, but they paid for that mistake and now respect me even more. They work for me ... 8)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

DaVidoSS
x4

Post by DaVidoSS » Sun, 26. May 24, 12:25

Unfortunately Syndicate has rebuild itself fron 0 to full strenth in about 4 hours.Cheat

Return to “X4: Foundations”