[7.0b5] Takes ages to autodock destroyer (any) to Atlas E

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DrunkenOrca

[7.0b5] Takes ages to autodock destroyer (any) to Atlas E

Post by DrunkenOrca » Fri, 10. May 24, 19:31

During auto-assigned commands to repair/resupply to Atlas E destroyers can fly around for ages, sometimes, in rare cases, they can dock.
Strange idea anyway as Atlas E has no L dock...

DrunkenOrca

Re: [7.0b5] Takes ages to autodock destroyer (any) to Atlas E

Post by DrunkenOrca » Fri, 10. May 24, 19:33

And, as bonus, Atlas E stuck with "Waiting for signal" that cant be removed. So whole destroyers fleet after any fight decides to dock to it .. no one wanna fight now, and also i cant move Atlas E as he is waiting for signal infinitely. :evil:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 10. May 24, 19:35

If you want to report a problem with the Public Beta then please use the Public Beta Feedback forum, as requested in every news item and post about how to access the public beta. Make sure you read the rules at the top of that forum and provide the information requested there, including a savegame, as this is pretty much essential to us actually being able to do anything about your report.

Note also that the save needs to be unmodified (unlike the one you provided with your last report). We recommend that people try the 7.00 update with an unmodified game, because we cannot act on reports with modified games.

DrunkenOrca

Post by DrunkenOrca » Fri, 10. May 24, 19:52

But i dont have unmodified game :( My save are more than 3y old, and its the only one)))
Mb someone playing unmodified game and can help with reproduction of this "bug"???

And because you dont like my save, i made very informative, innovative schematic of a problem :
https://i.ibb.co/2gcr3mW/1.png
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 11. May 24, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Sat, 11. May 24, 15:29

as far as i know a destroyer that is part of the resupply fleet generally doesn't get unlock automatically after replenishment. This is a bug since forever in the main game. it probably uses the same script as first ship doesn't get un-dock after it has interacted with that ship which is within the same fleet, default behavior does not kick in to trigger undock and both ships are stuck waiting forever.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 11. May 24, 16:24

You can use a custom, budgeted start if you get rid of your mods temporarily. You might want to use a custom start anyway with an Atlas-not-E to compare against just for yourself. They've done a lot of things with how L ships figure out which way to go, after all, so it might not be the Atlas-E causing the issue.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Return to “X4: Foundations”