Upgrading, restocking and repairing ships remotely

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

redstamp

Upgrading, restocking and repairing ships remotely

Post by redstamp » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 12:36

Sorry for the dumb question, but just starting out - as you can seem to do most stuff to shiops remotely (like navigate, buy and equip new ships), I am struggling to find how to repair, restock or ship ships when I'm not in them. Presume I am just missing something in the menus.

Any help appreciated.

NilusBavarius
x3

Re: Upgrading, restocking and repairing ships remotely

Post by NilusBavarius » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 12:44

redstamp wrote:
Mon, 12. Feb 24, 12:36
Sorry for the dumb question, but just starting out - as you can seem to do most stuff to shiops remotely (like navigate, buy and equip new ships), I am struggling to find how to repair, restock or ship ships when I'm not in them. Presume I am just missing something in the menus.

Any help appreciated.
Greetings,

We've all been there, no need to apologize!

Firstly your ship in question needs a pilot/captain to be able to do anything remotely.
As soon as this condition is met, you can select it on the map and choose the "upgrade" option on right-click menu at the appropriate facility (Wharf for s/m size, Yard for l/xl and Equipment Dock for all)

Hope that helps you!?

Cheers,
Nilus

p. s
Welcome to the X-Community

EDIT: you can find hireable personnel on any bay, wandering or standing around.
You can also "upgrade" your current vessel while sirting in it as c or p with marines an reassign them to fill the role which normally comes cheaper
Last edited by NilusBavarius on Mon, 12. Feb 24, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 12:45

redstamp wrote:
Mon, 12. Feb 24, 12:36

Any help appreciated.
You need to send them to a shipyard to get repaired; there'll be an option when you click your ship you want repaired, then right click the station - you'll see an option for upgrade/repair.

*edit* or do as above :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 13:47

S and M-Class ships (Small, like Fighters and Scouts, Medium, like Corvettes, Frigates, Transporters etc.) can be repaired / outfitted at a Wharf or Equipment Dock. L and XL-Class Ships (Destroyers, Freighters, Builder ships) can be repaired / outfitted at Shipyards and Equipment Docks. Equipment Docks can repair and supply ALL ship classes, but they don't build ships. Shipyards, as you'd expect, build L and XL-Class, Wharfs build S and M-Class.

Fairly steep learning curve to thing, but once you get it, it's straight-forward enough :)

Oh, for absolute clarity: Left click your ship and then Right-click the appropriate station and select the Repair... option (I forget the exact phrasing, but you'll know it when you see it).

If you already have ships docked at such a station, you can select that station (left click), then right click and the same option is there, but then it'll present any ships you have docked there for repair / upgrade.

redstamp

Post by redstamp » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 15:00

Tahnks all - found it - was trying to do everyting from the ship, but just needed to do the action from the station it was at once docked ;-)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 12. Feb 24, 15:03

redstamp wrote:
Mon, 12. Feb 24, 15:00
Tahnks all - found it - was trying to do everyting from the ship, but just needed to do the action from the station it was at once docked ;-)
Cool, once you know you know :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”