Windfall rep? Mining?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Damian Swift
x4

Windfall rep? Mining?

Post by Damian Swift » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 01:16

Started back after a long break and decided to try out one of the new Pirate starts, all good until i placed an ice to auto miner in Windfall 1.
Sadly found out you can auto mine (i was mining ice) but your auto miner will not auto sell in the system (unable to find buyer) making you have to do it you do it manually, something about it being illegal/all controlled by the faction or something.

Questions...
1, I usually use mining to gain rep with the organisation, as this is now not possible within Windfall zones (unless i constantly babysit the selling process)
what is the best way to raise Rep with the windfall pirate guys?
2, Is trading the same as mining? as in your auto trader will not be able to buy or sell?
3, once i get a higher rep within the system, will i then be able to use my auto miner normally?

All advice appreciated.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Windfall rep? Mining?

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 04:56

Damian Swift wrote:
Thu, 23. Jun 22, 01:16
1, I usually use mining to gain rep with the organisation, as this is now not possible within Windfall zones (unless i constantly babysit the selling process)
what is the best way to raise Rep with the windfall pirate guys?
Scout ships with repeat orders to sell them 1 energy cell at a time. So buy 25 or so energy cells and then sell them to one of their factories 1 at a time. 5 such ships and you will be well past 20 reputation in an hour.

The non exploit way would be to either do missions or to supply them with what they demand.
Damian Swift wrote:
2, Is trading the same as mining? as in your auto trader will not be able to buy or sell?
As far as rep is concerned they both award the same amount per sale. Traders can also gain rep when buying.
Damian Swift wrote:
3, once i get a higher rep within the system, will i then be able to use my auto miner normally?
At 20+ reputation with VIG and after completing the ceremony the wares of food rations, water and ice are no longer illegal and can be traded freely within their policed space.

Damian Swift
x4

Re: Windfall rep? Mining?

Post by Damian Swift » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 11:13

Thank you for your answers :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”