[CUSTOM START] Very VERY hard mode game start

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

[CUSTOM START] Very VERY hard mode game start

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:04

Are you among those who think that the X4 universe is too quiet a place?
Are you bored with your 1000 hour game in ultra endgame watching the map all the time?
Are you big haters of mods?

No problem, I'll help you! :lol: :lol:

CUSTOM START "VERY HARD MODE"

Custom Game Type: Budget (vanilla)

Player starting situation:

- 0 Credits
- SETA
- Repair Laser
- Scanner
- MK2 suit thruster

Initial ship: None
Initial properties: None
Projects: None
Departure Sector: Trinity Sanctum VII
Starting Reputations: ALI (-9), FAF (-21) YAK (-25), all other factions at -30
Story: All the Plots to do
Research: None

What you need to know:

It starts near the [ALI] Dock, the only station where you can dock in a space suit.
When importing the game you have to pay attention to the "universe generation seed" in the Universe section.
This seed means that the initial conditions of each game are completely different from another (stations positions, Xenon advancement, etc.).
However, this creates a problem in the initial positioning of the ALI Dock.
I had to start the game a few times with the same seed to ensure that I could spawn at a maximum distance of 10km and be able to dock "easily" at the station.
You can still use no seeds and have the game decide an initial one, but you will have to start the game more times to make a situation where you are close enough to the Docks.
However, you will not be able to exceed 40km of initial distance, because the oxygen of the suit will run out and you will die even before starting (you will probably die for other reasons that I do not tell you :mrgreen: )
The MK2 engines and SETA were a must mainly for this reason (I wanted to leave without having those but it was too mangy :roll: )
When you manage to dock for the first time, I strongly advise you to SAVE and keep this start jealously.

I won't spoil you any more.

Have good fun!!
PS: There is a small bug. It may happen during custom start import that the value of personal credits automatically rises to 100,000. Bring it back to 0 credits yourself, don't cheat !!! :lol:
PPS: This is my situation after about 3 days and 5 hours playthrough REP Properties Stats
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

LameFox
x4

Re: [CUSTOM START] Very VERY hard mode game start

Post by LameFox » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:14

I thought you can dock at any station in your suit? Or at least any one with an S/M dock module? I've made starts like this before with no issue getting into random ones.
***modified***

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:37

LameFox wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:14
I thought you can dock at any station in your suit? Or at least any one with an S/M dock module? I've made starts like this before with no issue getting into random ones.
If I'm not mistaken, the minimum to dock with a ship is -9.
The suit seems to be like the ship, if I'm at -10 the voice says "dock not possible".
In this game the only reputation that makes docking possible is ALI, the rest are set to -30 and you can't dock even in a suit.
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:39

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:37
LameFox wrote:
The suit seems to be like the ship, if I'm at -10 the voice says "dock not possible".
In this game the only reputation that makes docking possible is ALI, the rest are set to -30 and you can't dock even in a suit.
Fair, I forgot you can lower SCA rep too... I tended to leave them at their default since I don't think there's anything that can be done about it until terraforming.

edit: not because I like SCA that much, but I think you have to land on their stations for the HAT plot.
Last edited by LameFox on Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
***modified***

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:47

LameFox wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:39
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:37
LameFox wrote:
Fair, I forgot you can lower SCA rep too... I tended to leave them at their default since I don't think there's anything that can be done about it until terraforming.
In custom game "budged" the SCA reputation is integrated into the vanilla game, along with the Kha'ak and Xenon reputations.
Even if it was possible to change the value, you will still have left it standard because I want terraforming and fixed SCA reputation to be present in the game (SCA is also useful for strategic purposes of this type of gameplay).

If you can try it you will agree with me that this type of game start should be included as standard in the initial vanilla games, as an "impossible" mode.
The global feeling of the universe will change dramatically and not being able to travel freely around the universe, creates exceptional gameplay.
HW Spec:
My X4 Steam screenshots.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:51

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:47
In custom game "budged" the SCA reputation is integrated into the vanilla game, along with the Kha'ak and Xenon reputations.
Even if it was possible to change the value, you will still have left it standard because I want terraforming and fixed SCA reputation to be present in the game (SCA is also useful for strategic purposes of this type of gameplay).

If you can try it you will agree with me that this type of game start should be included as standard in the initial vanilla games, as an "impossible" mode.
The global feeling of the universe will change dramatically and not being able to travel freely around the universe, creates exceptional gameplay.
I was too slow in my edit lol... I haven't tried this but I think if you lower your SCA rep you'd lock the HAT plot (and the ones that follow) to after you have terraformed their planet, so I think that's probably why you don't get a start like that by default.
***modified***

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:56

LameFox wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:51
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 19:47

I was too slow in my edit lol... I haven't tried this but I think if you lower your SCA rep you'd lock the HAT plot (and the ones that follow) to after you have terraformed their planet, so I think that's probably why you don't get a start like that by default.
That's right! A blocked "SCA -30" reputation could not activate that part of the mission ;)
HW Spec:
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 20:35

I thought once you reach -30 rep you can't get back to positive rep again which would lock you out of a bunch of quest lines like the Paranid reunification?

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 20:39

Matthew94 wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 20:35
I thought once you reach -30 rep you can't get back to positive rep again which would lock you out of a bunch of quest lines like the Paranid reunification?
Does it lock at -30? I hadn't noticed, I thought it was only an SCA issue since you can't normally raise or lower theirs.
***modified***

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 20:49

No -30 reputation block, regardless of faction.
When you hit (or start at) -30 you can do a good deed to come back up again.
Factions will always give you a chance to be positive with them :wink:
HW Spec:
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 22:34

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 20:49
No -30 reputation block, regardless of faction.
When you hit (or start at) -30 you can do a good deed to come back up again.
Factions will always give you a chance to be positive with them :wink:
Cool, I didn't know. Maybe I was thinking of the time I completely wiped out HOP then.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 22:56

How do you make the initial money with the start? That seems to be the only hard part.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 23:13

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 22:56
How do you make the initial money with the start? That seems to be the only hard part.
When you dock at the warf station, you will be showered with missions.
In those missions there is the key to earning the first credits ;)
HW Spec:
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 00:02

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 23:13
In those missions there is the key to earning the first credits
So you wait until you get a mission that auto pays you for doing nothing, like a patrol sector mission, and then wait it out in your space suit when it is safe? I mean once you get the credits for a ship there are a ton of ways to make money but until then you are kind of limited with what you can and cannot do.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 00:38

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 00:02
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
So you wait until you get a mission that auto pays you for doing nothing, like a patrol sector mission, and then wait it out in your space suit when it is safe? I mean once you get the credits for a ship there are a ton of ways to make money but until then you are kind of limited with what you can and cannot do.
I have made some starts like this. All you have to do is get to Hatikvah's Choice I having picked the Hatikvah plot mission, then you have a ship... The "tricky" part is to know when to "jump out" from the ship that's carrying you, then when to "jump out" from the highway to reach their HQ

EDIT: If you can safely land on the ALI Wharf you'll most certainly pick some "Leak Fix" mission...

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 00:45

Imperial Good wrote:
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
There are three types of missions that can be completed.
I put them in spoilers.
Spoiler
Show
The first is the one you've already mentioned, patrolling, but I think it's very rare.
The second (and perhaps the really feasible one) is the repair of data leaks in the Warf itself. ALI's repair missions have rewards of 200k and more credits, so one of those would be enough to purchase your first basic Nodan Vanguard.
The third is to sell your MK2 suit thruster to receive around 60k credits and hope for some inventory delivery missions that are available in the merchant.
During the arrival at the station you will be forced to use the S E T A and in that juncture it is possible to come across one of the missions mentioned above.
If this does not happen you can try to reload the save generated when you land the first time, or to accept and cancel the present missions to wait for a renewal of them, or a combination of them.
In any case you will manage to get a mission of it quite quickly :wink:

You can however add some credit to make the initial phase less tedious, in the end, the 0 credits factor, is something I wanted to experiment for fun and for a stupid challenge against the game itself :P
HW Spec:
My X4 Steam screenshots.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 00:48

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 00:38
Imperial Good wrote:
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
I have made some starts like this. All you have to do is get to Hatikvah's Choice I having picked the Hatikvah plot mission, then you have a ship... The "tricky" part is to know when to "jump out" from the ship that's carrying you, then when to "jump out" from the highway to reach their HQ

EDIT: If you can safely land on the ALI Wharf you'll most certainly pick some "Leak Fix" mission...
There he is! Finally a witness to my madness! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is yours too with all negative reputations and only one neutral?
HW Spec:
My X4 Steam screenshots.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 12:53

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 00:48
Yes, but my start was on Pious Mists II close to the gate to Pious Mists IV and the relatively neutral ones were the Argon at -9 and HAT at the same (for the Hatikvah plot to kick in). Honestly arrived out of breath in Hatkvah Trade Station... Had to reload 3 times to get the point to jump off the Highway right...
The worst thing was Min at -30 and Teladi at -30 too. Getting the HQ was quite the accomplishment!!!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 15:10

As interesting as it is from a being possible or challenge perspective, it seems more like a waste of time rather than being actually difficult. As people have mentioned, you need to entirely depend on RNG rather than skill or anything that makes up a real difficulty. Once you have a ship the challenge is over.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 15:46

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 12:53
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Thu, 9. Dec 21, 00:48
Yes, but my start was on Pious Mists II close to the gate to Pious Mists IV and the relatively neutral ones were the Argon at -9 and HAT at the same (for the Hatikvah plot to kick in). Honestly arrived out of breath in Hatkvah Trade Station... Had to reload 3 times to get the point to jump off the Highway right...
The worst thing was Min at -30 and Teladi at -30 too. Getting the HQ was quite the accomplishment!!!
I lived your same experience just a little bit differently...
Your HATs are my ALI and i chose this faction because in their Warf it is possible to use components of 3 factions at reduced costs ;)
My impossible reputations were HAT and MIN, but I was able to use an amazing thing that I never expected.
Spoiler
Show
practically, having become neutral with Paranid and subsequently with TEL, after the mission of the HQ, I was presented with that of the Pioneers.
Forcibly I had to go to Segaris, in search of stations with missile defenses but without ammunition, in order to get some rep through petty criminals.
Having made that faction neutral too, I was able to start the Pioneers storyline that gave me the OWL with Terran cover!!!
That was the key to cranking up the HAT and MIN reps without the stations killing me in moments. I swear to you, it was GREAT!
I could tell AMAZING things I had to do during this playthrough. Things that compared to normal game are light years away... And without any mods and with a vanilla game :roll: :roll:
The game transforms from "Skyrim in space" to "Dark Soul in space" :mrgreen:
HW Spec:
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Return to “X4: Foundations”