Poor Terrans

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
x4

Poor Terrans

Post by builder680 » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 15:40

I feel bad for them because their food is just ice, methane, and energy cells. So basically they eat fart-flavored snow cones with batteries in them. At least they get cool uniforms.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Poor Terrans

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 15:58

Well... ice does make for cool right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 16:32

builder680 wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 15:40
I feel bad for them because their food is just ice, methane, and energy cells. So basically they eat fart-flavored snow cones with batteries in them. At least they get cool uniforms.
I think you need to go to school and check the biology and chemistry lessons, cuz all food and life is basically ice (water), methane (various Hydro-Carbons) and energy.

Edit: It might be that Terrans, being very advance, can basically create any "lab-food" using these 3 basic substrates.
Last edited by mr.WHO on Mon, 6. Dec 21, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 16:33

If anything, it seem Argon rations are much worse and monothematic, cuz they are basically just an argnu beef with spices.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 17:50

And poor Teladis not even eat, they only drink nostrop oil.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 17:56

At least both Split and Paranid have some variety with meat and vegies :D

Paranid eat some kind of snails and soy.
Split eat chelt meat and scruffin fruits.

I'm confident that Terrans just create lab food out of basic substrates.

Argons are basically the wheat fed Argnu beef - basically a space GMO hamburger trash :D

Pesanur wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 17:50
And poor Teladis not even eat, they only drink nostrop oil.
Dunno the Teladi taste, but logistic wise, having a drink base food is rather convinient for store and distribution.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 18:24

The methane is used as a carbon source. Ice used as a water source. And Energy Cells used to power the conversion.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 18:43

@Mr Who and @Imperial Good:

People... for G.O.D.'s (Generally Overdosed Dude) sake... can't you get the funny intent of the OP?

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 18:46

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 18:43

People... for G.O.D.'s (Generally Overdosed Dude) sake... can't you get the funny intent of the OP?
:) Yep, pretty much just a childish joke post. Those would be the worst snow cones ever. :lol:

Although, I guess the batteries would make good roughage for a clear digestive system (unless they started leaking).

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 18:59

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 18:43

We turned it into reality and sent back.

The joke is on you :D

Bastelfred
x4

Post by Bastelfred » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 20:07

Think about yourselves, you get nothing. No sleep, no food, no drink... fart-ice-cream is clearly better.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 21:33

Bastelfred wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 20:07
Think about yourselves, you get nothing. No sleep, no food, no drink... fart-ice-cream is clearly better.
I already wrote that basically, science wise everything you eat is as you described "fart-ice-cream".

It's like trying to make a joke "how dumb is it that cow meat is grass, lol we eat grass, lol how dumb" - even if it's a joke, it fire back on you automatically.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 12:20

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 16:32
I think you need to go to school and check the biology and chemistry lessons, cuz all food and life is basically ice (water), methane (various Hydro-Carbons) and energy.
Water and methane contain carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. Most carbohydrates and fatty acids are made from these. However, proteins have plenty of nitrogen and some sulphur. Your body can't make proteins and RNA/DNA without them.

Naturally, Terrans produce some urea ... :shock:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 12:40

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 12:20
However, proteins have plenty of nitrogen and some sulphur. Your body can't make proteins and RNA/DNA without them.

Well, that did cross my mind, plus you need things like Calcium for the bones.
However, this is not a hyper realistic dietary document or science based game about recycling.

For the level of simplicity that X4 present, Terran food production is the one that actually make the most sence out of all races (Albeit we don't really know what's in Nostrop oil, or in Paranid and Split meat/fruits/vegies).

Out of all, it's Argon that make least sence, coz they are humans and their argnu/wheat are just beef and wheat.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 21:13

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 12:40
jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 12:20
However, proteins have plenty of nitrogen and some sulphur. Your body can't make proteins and RNA/DNA without them.

Well, that did cross my mind, plus you need things like Calcium for the bones.
However, this is not a hyper realistic dietary document or science based game about recycling.

For the level of simplicity that X4 present, Terran food production is the one that actually make the most sence out of all races (Albeit we don't really know what's in Nostrop oil, or in Paranid and Split meat/fruits/vegies).

Out of all, it's Argon that make least sence, coz they are humans and their argnu/wheat are just beef and wheat.
No, it's only the Terrans that make no sense whatsoever. It makes some sense in everybody else's diet: meat (of nay kind) vegetables and for those that are herbivore (like most lizards) an oil out of a flower...

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 21:38

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 21:13
No, it's only the Terrans that make no sense whatsoever. It makes some sense in everybody else's diet: meat (of nay kind) vegetables and for those that are herbivore (like most lizards) an oil out of a flower...
Is because of Terrans going ecologists and animalists, so they only eat synthetic food.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 06:57

Pesanur wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 21:38
dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 21:13
Is because of Terrans going ecologists and animalists, so they only eat synthetic food.
[sad smile}Ahhhh... wonders of Sci Fi[/sad smile]

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 11:53

Since water + methane + energy is only good for making carbohydrates they must be getting their protein from elsewhere. Since it isn't transported between stations each station must logically make it's own. Only viable hypothesis I can think of is Soylent Green is people!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 12:26

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 11:53
Since water + methane + energy is only good for making carbohydrates they must be getting their protein from elsewhere. Since it isn't transported between stations each station must logically make it's own. Only viable hypothesis I can think of is Soylent Green is people!
Not really - all they are missing is mostly Nitrogen, which they already need for station atmosphere.

However it's interesting that Egosoft is selective for station supply need - Food and Medicals, but not Air (assuming that all races in X4 need the same air) or water.

It might be even that the Food is so "processed" that all the "Medical supplies" are 99% food suplements to compensate :D

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 15:02

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 11:53
Don't put an even darker picture of Terrans than I already have in my mind, even though it is not much different (the picture) from what we see with our minds in RL... :rant: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Return to “X4: Foundations”